Potential Trades

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject: Potential Trades

With the Pelicans - No, not for Davis, but for Jrue Holiday.

After the Pelicans trade Davis they are still going to have Holiday and since they will probably be in rebuild mode, they might want to unload Holiday as well.

He is 28, 6'4" PG, he has averaged 20ppg and 7asp and 5rpg over the last two seasons. He also recently had surgery and makes $26.1 next year, so if the Lakers can put together a package that include Zo, Ingram and a couple of future First Round picks they might be able to get him.

Hopefully that would still leave enough money to go after a top FA, but would be a huge upgrade at PG...

Go ahead and list your trades ideas...

Last edited by unleasHell on Thu May 02, 2019 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

You giving up way tooo much.

Lonzo and #11 at best.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers starters have several weak spots, with the biggest being Zo at the PG position, with his low shooting percentage, low scoring and reduced assists with the ball in LeBrons hands so much; having a shoot-first PG that actually score, would be a huge upgrade and that is exactly what Kimba Walker brings 25.6ppg and 5.9 asp. He is rated as the 4th best 2019 FA:

https://hoopshype.com/2019/04/29/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

If the Lakers could split their $34mil between Walker ($25mil) and Cousins ($9mil) then try to trade Zo for someone decent...

PG: Kimba (25ppg)
SG: Ingram (18ppg)
SF: LeBron (27ppg)
PF: Kuz (18ppg)
C: Cousins (20ppg)

That would be a very potent offense and one that could overtake the Warriors if Durant bolts...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
The Lakers starters have several weak spots, with the biggest being Zo at the PG position, with his low shooting percentage, low scoring and reduced assists with the ball in LeBrons hands so much; having a shoot-first PG that actually score, would be a huge upgrade and that is exactly what Kimba Walker brings 25.6ppg and 5.9 asp. He is rated as the 4th best 2019 FA:

https://hoopshype.com/2019/04/29/nba-free-agency-2019-the-top-players/

If the Lakers could split their $34mil between Walker ($25mil) and Cousins ($9mil) then try to trade Zo for someone decent...

That would be a very potent offense and one that could overtake the Warriors if Durant bolts...

The defense would be a disaster.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Potential Trades

unleasHell wrote:
He also recently had surgery and makes $26.1 next year, so if the Lakers can put together a package that include Zo, Ingram and a couple of future First Round picks they might be able to get him.
Way too much for Jrue. Also, I remember reading Pelicans wants to build around Jrue and we should save our trade assets for a more consistent all star. To get a Big 3, Lakers first need to sign a player using cap space then trade assets/prospects for a 3rd all star.

unleasHell wrote:
Why would Kemba come to the Lakers for anything less than max when there are other teams willing to give that to him? Seems like a pipe dream.
My proposal revolves around Lebron's ability to recruit. He needs to get Kyrie or Kemba to sign with the Lakers on July 1 and then Lakers pursue Kawhi in Sign and Trade. I would start with a low ball offer of Ingram, Wagner, 2020 1st Round Pick and Bullock (S&T to match contract values). It can be increased to include Ball since we would have signed Kyrie or Kemba to start at PG.

Kawhi does this because he can get more guaranteed money through a S&T ($190m over 5 years for S&T versus $141m over 4 years). Also, Lakers might be viewed more favorably (compared to the Clippers) if they are able to get Kyrie or Kemba early in free agency.

Raptors do this to avoid losing Kawhi for nothing and it may help them rebuild if that's the direction they choose. They don't have much leverage over the situation because there are presumably only 2 teams Kawhi will play for (both LA teams) and Lakers have the better assets (versus an Anthony Davis trade where Pelicans hold the leverage).

Edit: VenturaLakersFan pointed out Kawhi could only get 4 years in a S&T, same as signing as a FA, so Kawhi loses incentive of pursuing a S&T.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Mon May 06, 2019 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

The defense would be a disaster.

Who needs Defense when your starters average 108ppg?

LOL..I do know what you mean though... But I'm hoping the new coach can preach defense...
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Potential Trades

chekmatex4 wrote:

My proposal revolves around Lebron's ability to recruit. He needs to get Kyrie or Kemba to sign with the Lakers on July 1 and then Lakers pursue Kawhi in Sign and Trade. I would start with a low ball offer of Ingram, Wagner, 2020 1st Round Pick and Bullock (S&T to match contract values). It can be increased to include Ball since we would have signed Kyrie or Kemba to start at PG.

Kawhi does this because he can get more guaranteed money through a S&T ($190m over 5 years for S&T versus $141m over 4 years). Also, Lakers might be viewed more favorably (compared to the Clippers) if they are able to get Kyrie or Kemba early in free agency.

Raptors do this to avoid losing Kawhi for nothing and it may help them rebuild if that's the direction they choose. They don't have much leverage over the situation because there are presumably only 2 teams Kawhi will play for (both LA teams) and Lakers have the better assets (versus an Anthony Davis trade where Pelicans hold the leverage).

I'm totally down with either of those...!
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
You giving up way tooo much.

Lonzo and #11 at best.

I wouldn't trade him straight up for BI.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Potential Trades

chekmatex4 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
He also recently had surgery and makes $26.1 next year, so if the Lakers can put together a package that include Zo, Ingram and a couple of future First Round picks they might be able to get him.
Way too much for Jrue. Also, I remember reading Pelicans wants to build around Jrue and we should save our trade assets for a more consistent all star. To get a Big 3, Lakers first need to sign a player using cap space then trade assets/prospects for a 3rd all star.

unleasHell wrote:
Why would Kemba come to the Lakers for anything less than max when there are other teams willing to give that to him? Seems like a pipe dream.

Kawhi could only get 4 years in a S&T, same as signing as a FA.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Potential Trades

venturalakersfan wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

unleasHell wrote:

Kawhi could only get 4 years in a S&T, same as signing as a FA.

Thanks for pointing that out. Kills my hopes and dreams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: