The Mandalorian
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: The Mandalorian

Oh there you are, Star Wars! So good to see you, it's been about 14 years.

anyone who needs non-torrent direct download links for the first 2 episodes pm me
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject:

I love it!

Just good old SW fun
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

First episode was pretty dull. It clearly wants to be a Western and it’s having a hard time juggling that with the goofy nature of Star Wars. I’ll watch another one before deciding whether or not to bail.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

I liked the first two episodes but if there's another Death Star in the story, I'm out.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I liked the first two episodes but if there's another Death Star in the story, I'm out.

I was hoping for a truly independent story that didn’t connect with the canon at all. They just can’t help themselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

im enjoying it so far! Wish they’d drop a full season at once though lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Me too. I’m guessing Disney is terrified that if they did that they’d get a ton of cancellations after just one month.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

Me too. I’m guessing Disney is terrified that if they did that they’d get a ton of cancellations after just one month.

That was certainly my plan. Now I will just cancel in December and re-up if there's another season (assuming The Mandalorian continues to entertain).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

That was certainly my plan. Now I will just cancel in December and re-up if there's another season (assuming The Mandalorian continues to entertain).

The Disney+ lineup gets bad real fast. I suspect there will be a lot of cancellations.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

OMG, you nailed it.

I'm digging it so far, actually.

SPOILER: Baby Yoda is too cute. Sucker for Jawas.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I enjoyed the first two episodes, it has me wanting to know more about the main character and the culture of the mandalorians. They've had bits and pieces in the first two episodes, but its enough to gain my interest.

I was a little stunned when I found out that the mechanic guy was Nick Nolte, lol. I thought his voice sounded familiar.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

The Disney+ lineup gets bad real fast. I suspect there will be a lot of cancellations.

There is absolutely nothing outside of The Mandalorian that interests me at all. I have already seen everything else there that is of interest, and don't anticipate wanting to watch any of it again.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
I enjoyed the first two episodes, it has me wanting to know more about the main character and the culture of the mandalorians. They've had bits and pieces in the first two episodes, but its enough to gain my interest.

I was a little stunned when I found out that the mechanic guy was Nick Nolte, lol. I thought his voice sounded familiar.

Oh man, now that you mention that, the character even looks like a miniature Nolte.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

There is absolutely nothing outside of The Mandalorian that interests me at all. I have already seen everything else there that is of interest, and don't anticipate wanting to watch any of it again.

I’m sure it’s great for kids but outside that…
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

First two episodes have been interesting, it feels a little more realistic, it just hero-mode Boba Fett.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

You guys are right, that makes sense why they would slow roll content out then.

There’s actually a lot more stuff on there, but you have to go to the search and type it in. Idk why it doesn’t appear as you browse the thumbnails smh
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

BTW, Mandalorian has been renewed for a 2nd season.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Signed up for Disney Plus combo pack with Hulu and ESPN+ the moment they became available. The Mandalorian was worth every bit of the $13 bones and then some. Looking forward to more content from Disney.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

Do you have insider info on future releases? That's a bummer if it's sheet after this.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

Do you have insider info on future releases? That's a bummer if it's sheet after this.

I'm pretty sure they'll be just fine. The Marvel shows are the biggest attraction and they haven't even started yet.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
22 wrote:

They’ll have more stuff coming, I was just struck while browsing that once you scroll through the Star Wars movies and some Disney animated classics how quickly you get to the supermarket bargain dvd section. They’ll need time to grow out their catalog but I can see a large number of consumers not willing to pony up until they do. Without The Mandalorian, which has generated remarkable buzz, I’m not sure this service would have anything to offer at the moment. Star Wars fans already own those movies, or are better off renting them for less than the cost one one month of Disney+. Same with the animated films. This will be the real test for streaming platforms that don’t have a deep library of already beloved content (this is HBO Max’s greatest strength). Netflix has spent years and an ungodly amount of money beefing up their originals and staking out certain niche corners (food shows, standup comedy, teen romcoms) and yet the most watched content on their platform is stuff like Friends and The Office. They’re about to lose those shows and will have to sell people on their originals as the main course and not the side dish.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

I browsed through D+ and realized I'm never going to use it except for Mandalorian.

Netflix I enjoy the original content so I don't mind them going away from Friends and The Office if that means more $ to make quality original content.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

CNET has a breakdown of every movie/show available, along with all the original content planned to be released over the next year. There is a lot...then the Fox library starts coming into play. I wouldn't bet against Disney+ becoming the most dominant streaming provider.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-every-show-movie-original-series-available-to-stream-date/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
CNET has a breakdown of every movie/show available, along with all the original content planned to be released over the next year. There is a lot...then the Fox library starts coming into play. I wouldn't bet against Disney+ becoming the most dominant streaming provider.

https://www.cnet.com/news/disney-plus-every-show-movie-original-series-available-to-stream-date/

Really hoping D+ adds some kind of parental lock so a lot of the more adult oriented Fox content can be added. Fox has a lot of interesting content but I don't know if it's enough to start a new streaming service with.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Surfitall wrote:

Really hoping D+ adds some kind of parental lock so a lot of the more adult oriented Fox content can be added. Fox has a lot of interesting content but I don't know if it's enough to start a new streaming service with.

They do offer a type of "parental lock" now, you can designate a profile as 'Kid' and then that profile only has kid friendly content available.

I also have heard that a lot of 'R' rated materials could be moved to Hulu, which Disney owns around 70% of currently.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10
Jump to: