I heard Lakers is spying on Yi Jianlian......

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lycan
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: I heard Lakers is spying on Yi Jianlian......

Just heard from a Chinese gossip webiste. As a Chinese, that's absolutely a very trilling news. Believe me, Chinese sports TV is hardly different from a Houston Rocket all-year-round-following-broadcasting TV channel. I'm desperate to see some changes.

However, I am a die hard Lakers fan, having a useless guy on the roster is way much unacceptable even considering i may can watch ten more lakers games on live.

My point is drop him!! He may have potential to be good player, but would not be with us. Compare to two years ago, his confidence got boosted, his mid-range shoot is really lethal at a certain level. But he is still very skinny and never be phenomenal in international games. somebody envision me as next AK-47, I say that's totally bullcrap. Yi Jianlian can not leap as high as half of what AK can do, plus, Yi's competence is limited at bullying smaller players level, you can not count him to shut down a slightly better athletic ones. Thinking about he shine in the NBA court is just like wondering a sheep baaing in the middle of a wolf herd without some special attention.

Another reason i am not fond of him is his size of heart. Could he stand out during offseason final? I really doult. His debut in Olympic was a disaste, he was crashed by the pressure. Even so far, I have no memory that he pull us back or at last do something meaningful when China was on the line. When cruch time coming, he is just one of other Chinese players brainless toss the ball to Yao Ming.(sounds pretty fit for Lakers two years ago, )

Anyway, our current rebound crisis is largely because we have two important big men down. The thought we may have to trade some solid players for Yi really drive me nut. I am confident in this team (though something still could be done to improve). If we have to trade, trade for someone good. Not him, Please!
SteveMachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject:

You will most likely get your wish of the Lakers not getting him because he would be too high of a pick for the Lakers to get anyway.
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject:

i hope brandon rush falls...although he won't get much time.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject:

Hard to project where Yi may end up on draft night. If the Chinese team that holds his rights wants to play hardball with the buyout, he could (out of financial necessity) fall to early in the second round. Teams are limited to what they can offer for a buyout, so if he doesn't go early lotto it may take part of an MLE. Then again, that may be exactly what Chinese team will attempt to extract anyway.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I heard Lakers is spying on Yi Jianlian......

lycan wrote:
Just heard from a Chinese gossip webiste. As a Chinese, that's absolutely a very trilling news. Believe me, Chinese sports TV is hardly different from a Houston Rocket all-year-round-following-broadcasting TV channel. I'm desperate to see some changes.

However, I am a die hard Lakers fan, having a useless guy on the roster is way much unacceptable even considering i may can watch ten more lakers games on live.

My point is drop him!! He may have potential to be good player, but would not be with us. Compare to two years ago, his confidence got boosted, his mid-range shoot is really lethal at a certain level. But he is still very skinny and never be phenomenal in international games. somebody envision me as next AK-47, I say that's totally bullcrap. Yi Jianlian can not leap as high as half of what AK can do, plus, Yi's competence is limited at bullying smaller players level, you can not count him to shut down a slightly better athletic ones. Thinking about he shine in the NBA court is just like wondering a sheep baaing in the middle of a wolf herd without some special attention.

Another reason i am not fond of him is his size of heart. Could he stand out during offseason final? I really doult. His debut in Olympic was a disaste, he was crashed by the pressure. Even so far, I have no memory that he pull us back or at last do something meaningful when China was on the line. When cruch time coming, he is just one of other Chinese players brainless toss the ball to Yao Ming.(sounds pretty fit for Lakers two years ago, )

Anyway, our current rebound crisis is largely because we have two important big men down. The thought we may have to trade some solid players for Yi really drive me nut. I am confident in this team (though something still could be done to improve). If we have to trade, trade for someone good. Not him, Please!

Thank you for your input on Yi. Every bit of information helps.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I think you're way off on your assessments. Watch his videos on YouTube and you'll see that he can handle the ball and gets up fairly well. He doesn't have great quickness, though it's adequate for a 7-footer(about the same as Dirk.) Let's just say that he's a slightly more athletic, younger, and bigger built Andrea Barnagni.

Honestly, looking at the top of this draft, I'd probably pick him 3rd.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject:

I like Yi as well, though I'm really not so sure about his age.

Due to the question marks, and the potential buyout terms, it is possible that he could slip to the second round. It's a pipe dream, but I have my fingers crossed.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Not really a fan after what I saw in the Qualifying tournament. He'd be a nice addition, raising the talent-level, but not probably not a good fit with LO as the team's future 4. Need more of a 2/3 that can, theorhetically, switch with Kobe.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: