LAKERS -vs- ROCKETS - 9/4 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

I'm with you and all the others regarding Vogel. I normally try to stay positive in game threads by just posting our positive buckets and refraining from reading very much in the thread. But, oh how frustrating this game was.

I certainly do not blame Rondo for his play. I mean, what did you expect from Rondo his first game back? I'm speaking to you, VOGEL.

I agree with all the concerns brought up about Vogel including the wasting of so much prep time with no obvious strategy in place and to lay an egg like this. I place the blame squarely on Vogel for his inability to recognize what is obvious to everyone else.

That said, this is only one game and there is still ample opportunity to right the ship. With the right coaching we should win this series. We will find out soon if Vogel is capable of making the right adjustments.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
This was really a poorly coached game.

Whole game in a nutshell for me.

- 2nd Vogel playoff series first game where the team very clearly isn't bringing the right type of mindset and energy

- Rondo gets 25 minutes while Waiters is yet again glued to bench

- Practically zero effort to maximize our size advantage - entirely gives in to Houston's small ball schemes and tries to match them
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
This was really a poorly coached game.

Whole game in a nutshell for me.

- 2nd Vogel playoff series first game where the team very clearly isn't bringing the right type of mindset and energy

- Rondo gets 25 minutes while Waiters is yet again glued to bench

- Practically zero effort to maximize our size advantage - entirely gives in to Houston's small ball schemes and tries to match them

It's not all on Vogel....Green, KCP...quit missing 3's while Javale and AD have hobbits trying to guard them....keep going inside....foul the whole team out of the game
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

KCP in his presser today said they were caught off hard a bit with the pace and “We didn’t know what the game plan was with them” ... wow.

I mean that’s exactly what it looked like, which is what annoyed me with what exactly did they do with their time off? So I guess in that sense it’s a positive that they will be a little more prepped. But wow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: