* OFFICIAL SOUTH BAY LAKERS THREAD *
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 115, 116, 117  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject:

* Andre Ingram Becomes President Of NBAGL Players’ Union

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/10/andre-ingram-becomes-president-of-nbagl-players-union.html

Six NBA G League Alums Win Title With Los Angeles Lakers

https://gleague.nba.com/news/six-nba-g-league-alums-win-title-with-los-angeles-lakers/
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:10 am    Post subject:

So as many discuss free agency, etc., I want to talk about internal options. THT has been the most discussed, but let's discuss others, as well. Admittedly, I watched no more than 5 G-League games this past season, so feel free to add your thoughts.

THT - He legitimately is a rotational guy or trade chip if needed.

Cacok - As we discuss the need for a small ball center, I like his potential to fill this need. Is there something I am missing if we cannot bering back 'kieff?

Kostas - He looks raw, but I see a plus athlete with height and upside.If his skills grow in teh abbreviated off season, where does he fit in? Does he fit in? I am not familiear with his contract status as a 2-way player.

I am not familiar enough with other players to comment, but wanted to start a conversation.

LMK what you all think.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

4evARaBruinLG wrote:
So as many discuss free agency, etc., I want to talk about internal options. THT has been the most discussed, but let's discuss others, as well. Admittedly, I watched no more than 5 G-League games this past season, so feel free to add your thoughts.

THT- He legitimately is a rotational guy or trade chip if needed.

Cacok - As we discuss the need for a small ball center, I like his potential to fill this need. Is there something I am missing if we cannot bering back 'kieff?

Kostas A.- He looks raw, but I see a plus athlete with height and upside.If his skills grow in teh abbreviated off season, where does he fit in? Does he fit in? I am not familiear with his contract status as a 2-way player.

I am not familiar enough with other players to comment, but wanted to start a conversation.

LMK what you all think.

All three have unique skill-sets and all 3 performed well in the G - League. Hopefully they'll stay with the organization and hone their talents.

THT
has potential on both sides of the floor. He needs to improve his 3 pt. shot and his defense but he has the upside to contribute at some point within a season or two.
He can get to the rim, has nice handles and is fearless.
With his 7 ft. swing-span THT could develop into a solid all-around perimeter player. There's still work to be done.
THT stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/h/hortota01d.html

Cacok
has a "nose for the ball" and an energizer bunny motor. DC is severely undersized but that hasn't stopped him from rebounding.
Unfortunately his outside shoot is almost non-existent. Developing a dependable outside shot will determine his future.
Because he can flat-rebound, Cacok could help in a limited role on down the line. He was All-G-League 1st Team is past season.
Cacok stats: 19.4 points (.659 FG%), 11.9 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 23.9 minutes per game. He scored in double-figures in every game and finished the season with 27 double-doubles.
https://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/devontae-cacok-named-to-all-nba-g-league-first-team/

Kostas
Is a work-in-progress and the rawest of the group. He'll need to bulk up because he is too "light in the tail." He needs to hit the weight room everyday of the off season and eat right.
Kostas has great length that allows him block shots and be disruptive defensively. He is already a decent defender and could become a solid defender through work and effort.
KA Stats:14.1 PTS, 7.8 rebs, 1.6 assists, 1.3 blocks.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetko01.html
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
4evARaBruinLG wrote:

THT- He legitimately is a rotational guy or trade chip if needed.

Kostas A.- He looks raw, but I see a plus athlete with height and upside.If his skills grow in teh abbreviated off season, where does he fit in? Does he fit in? I am not familiear with his contract status as a 2-way player.

LMK what you all think.

All three have unique skill-sets and all 3 performed well in the G - League. Hopefully they'll stay with the organization and hone their talents.

THT
has potential on both sides of the floor. He needs to improve his 3 pt. shot and his defense but he has the upside to contribute at some point within a season or two.
He can get to the rim, has nice handles and is fearless.
With his 7 ft. swing-span THT could develop into a solid all-around perimeter player. There's still work to be done.
THT stats: https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/h/hortota01d.html

Cacok
has a "nose for the ball" and an energizer bunny motor. DC is severely undersized but that hasn't stopped him from rebounding.
Unfortunately his outside shoot is almost non-existent. Developing a dependable outside shot will determine his future.
Because he can flat-rebound, Cacok could help in a limited role on down the line. He was All-G-League 1st Team is past season.
Cacok stats: 19.4 points (.659 FG%), 11.9 rebounds and 1.1 steals in 23.9 minutes per game. He scored in double-figures in every game and finished the season with 27 double-doubles.
https://southbay.gleague.nba.com/news/devontae-cacok-named-to-all-nba-g-league-first-team/

Kostas
Is a work-in-progress and the rawest of the group. He'll need to bulk up because he is too "light in the tail." He needs to hit the weight room everyday of the off season and eat right.
Kostas has great length that allows him block shots and be disruptive defensively. He is already a decent defender and could become a solid defender through work and effort.
KA Stats:14.1 PTS, 7.8 rebs, 1.6 assists, 1.3 blocks.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/antetko01.html

Nice writeup.

Cacock - his shooting is similar to a rookie Randle. Absolutely no touch in their shots and it will take at minimum 2 years to fix his shooting stroke and develop at least a midrange game.

Kostas - supposedly put on 15 lbs last year and needs another 20. His high center of gravity will always affect his ability to anchor in the paint. He needs to shoot from the perimeter and I believe he has this ability in him. He showed this in his pre-draft work out videio.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Ok. We are mixing here apples & oranges. THT just finished his rookie year and is under contract. Cacock & Kostas were our 2way contracts and are currently UFA. They were permitted to be in the playoffs because of the pandemic and the bubble. If we want them on the team, we will have to give them a contract and a roster spot, the same way we did with AC last year.
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Cacock & Kostas were our 2way contracts and are currently UFA. They were permitted to be in the playoffs because of the pandemic and the bubble. If we want them on the team, we will have to give them a contract and a roster spot...

So do 2 ways expire each season? Can they be brought back on another 2 way? Just curious how this works.

If they cannot be brought back to the South Bay Lakers, are they worth 1 year contracts in everyone's opinion?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject:

4evARaBruinLG wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Cacock & Kostas were our 2way contracts and are currently UFA. They were permitted to be in the playoffs because of the pandemic and the bubble. If we want them on the team, we will have to give them a contract and a roster spot...

So do 2 ways expire each season? Can they be brought back on another 2 way? Just curious how this works.

If they cannot be brought back to the South Bay Lakers, are they worth 1 year contracts in everyone's opinion?

Cacok and Kostas are valuable projects so they'll likely retain their contracts (if not signed by another team/UFA).
THT is under contract and will probably spend most of the time with the Lakers.
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

With the short turn around, I wonder how much we will be using our 2 way contracts to help load manage on back to back nights.

Did anyone catch Dudley saying that having worked out and run games with them, THT and Kostas are good enough to get minutes this season?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:13 am    Post subject:

Is there gonna be a g league this season?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject:

The NBA G League may return either fully or partially in a bubble

Quote:
The NBA G League couldn’t finish last season due to the coronavirus pandemic and the challenges of commercial travel during it, so a bubble might be the only way for the league to resume in 2020.

NBA G League Ignite Passes Test in First Full-Team Scrimmage

https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-ignite-passes-test-in-first-full-team-scrimmage/
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
The NBA G League may return either fully or partially in a bubble

Quote:
The NBA G League couldn’t finish last season due to the coronavirus pandemic and the challenges of commercial travel during it, so a bubble might be the only way for the league to resume in 2020.

NBA G League Ignite Passes Test in First Full-Team Scrimmage

https://gleague.nba.com/news/nba-g-league-ignite-passes-test-in-first-full-team-scrimmage/

Bubble will make their play better, no distraction but need to get paid so don’t need to work a second job
4evARaBruinLG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

I wonder if they will consider having the G Leaguers work out and practice with the NBA teams in a similar fashion to MLB to limit outside contact and travel.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

Georgia Bubble Being Considered For G League

Quote:
An Atlanta-area “bubble” concept is one of the options being mulled for the G League season, Marc Stein of the New York Times tweets.

Under the proposal, NBA teams would pay a fee in the neighborhood of $500K to play their G League games in Georgia, rather than their home sites. Not all G League clubs would be expected to participate there.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/georgia-bubble-being-considered-for-g-league.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

Kevon Harris could be the next big player to come through the South Bay Lakers

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/11/25/21720917/lakers-free-agency-news-kevon-harris-training-camp-contract-details-stats-highlights-scouting-report

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-undrafted-free-agent-kevon-harris-signed/2020/11/30/

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

South Bay Lakers two two-way contracts:
    Devontae Cacok, Kostas Antetokounmpo

Exhibit 10 deals for training camp:
    Tris Tinkle, Zavier Simpson, Kevon Harris ( probably assigned to SBL for the season).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Several Teams Expected To Opt Out Of G League Bubble

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/numerous-teams-nix-g-league-bubble.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject:

South Bay Lakers Among Teams Likely To Bypass G League Bubble

Quote:
Despite some teams gradually beginning to reject the idea, other franchises such as the Sixers (Delaware Blue Coats) and Raptors (Raptors 905) have committed to playing this season, sources said.
All in all, optimism remains that a G League bubble will commence — with a minimum of double-digit teams participating and an announcement coming in the near future.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/heat-lakers-among-teams-likely-to-bypass-g-league-bubble.html
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
South Bay Lakers Among Teams Likely To Bypass G League Bubble

Quote:
Despite some teams gradually beginning to reject the idea, other franchises such as the Sixers (Delaware Blue Coats) and Raptors (Raptors 905) have committed to playing this season, sources said.
All in all, optimism remains that a G League bubble will commence — with a minimum of double-digit teams participating and an announcement coming in the near future.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/heat-lakers-among-teams-likely-to-bypass-g-league-bubble.html

the key question already posted on hoopsrumors; What happens to players on Exhibit 10 contracts if their respective G League teams don’t play?

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

G League Bubble Rumors: Schedule, Team Count, Location

Quote:
Per McMenamin’s sources, the G League hopes to pare down its bubble team tally to between 14-20 clubs, in much the same way that the 2019/20 summer restart in Orlando was limited to just 22 of 30 teams.

So far, 10 teams have agreed to opt out, according to McMenamin. That list includes the Maine Red Claws, the affiliate for the Celtics, and the Lakers’ affiliate, the South Bay Lakers, as our JD Shaw reported earlier this month.
Meanwhile, 12 teams have committed to participating in the bubble season. Other teams have yet to make a determination.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/g-league-bubble-rumors-schedule-team-count-location.html
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

Man, just saw South Bay Lakers winter jersey from last year... 🔥
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

South Bay Lakers are reportedly unlikely to join G League bubble

Quote:
If Talen Horton-Tucker, Devontae Cacok and Kostas Antetokounmpo are going to play this season, it sounds like they’ll do so with the Lakers, and not in South Bay.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2020/12/17/22188106/lakers-rumors-south-bay-not-joining-g-league-bubble
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

*Which Teams Are Reportedly In and Out of the Proposed G League Bubble in Atlanta
Quote:
Updated tracker on which G League teams are going to the proposed bubble and not

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2020/12/11/22168433/which-teams-are-reportedly-in-and-out-of-the-proposed-g-league-bubble

* Latest Details On NBA G League Bubble

Quote:
Seventeen teams have indicated that they plan to participate in the NBA G League bubble, according to Jonathan Givony of ESPN, who notes that the G League Ignite select team will be the 18th squad.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/12/latest-details-on-nba-g-league-bubble.html
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

* SOUTH BAY LAKERS UPDATE:

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I saw South Bay listed with the first overall pick in the Gleague draft this year. Usually doesn't mean much but you never know.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

not a bad roster with sekou and huff to begin with.
hopefully we keep queen and brown.

pg - ?
sg - brown
sf - queen
pf - sekou
c - huff
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 90 of 117
Jump to: