QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

Lakers Minny titles obviously count. But for the Masshole naysayers wasn't there a franchise swap around 84 between the Braves (Clippers) and Boston? And using the same logic wouldn't that erase all of the C's 50's and 60's titles. Seems to me they might be better off dropping that argument.

GO LAKERS. 18 comin' up.
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Celtics tears taste the best!
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
Lakers Minny titles obviously count. But for the Masshole naysayers wasn't there a franchise swap around 84 between the Braves (Clippers) and Boston? And using the same logic wouldn't that erase all of the C's 50's and 60's titles. Seems to me they might be better off dropping that argument.

GO LAKERS. 18 comin' up.

That would be 1978.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BUCK FOSTON

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Jingle bells, Clippers gagged, Lakers won the chip.
2020 lost a wheel, but we got number seventeen!

Don't quit your day job...
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Chick-N-Stew wrote:

GO LAKERS. 18 comin' up.

That would be 1978.

Thank you for the clarification..
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

WorthyNum1 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Thanks to all of you who put Celtic board quotes on this thread!

Lakers are the premier franchise now. Tied for trophies; no comparison for fan bases, nation-wide or worldwide, it's Lakers by a mile.

It's not just a tie.

In the Olympics medal count, if two countries tie in gold medals, they count the silver medals, then the bronze medals.

17 Gold 15 Silver vs 17 Gold 4 Silver

The Celtics lost in 4 Finals only because of their ineptitude in the Conference Finals.

Conference Finals records:

Lakers 32-9
Celtics 21-15

Very nice.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans

20,000 wrote:
From RealGM Celtics' board:

Quote:
Rondo can suck a big one how about that?

I informed that guy that Rondo indeed smoked a big cigar after the win. Told em, "You called it, dude." Gotta give credit where it's due.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Wow some of these people are really depressed about Lakers' 17th.

Quote:
These last few days have been insufferable. I’ve had to avoid NBA media as much as possible. Man, is this hasn’t a kit a fire under Danny to make win now moves and stop standing pat and adding more project rookies then I dunno what will.

Quote:
I did not watch a game of the finals. And I am happy with that decision. When the whole idea of the "continuation" season was proposed I said it was a bad idea and any winner given would have an asterisk. I said this even when I thought we might actually go all the way. That we would have a big fat asterisk over any championship we'd win. And I say that today.
...(carefully constructed list of excuses and rationalizations )

Quote:
I realized most of my posts today have been kind of negative. I think LeBron winning another title -- even more than the Lakers winning it -- is really pissing me off. Which kind of surprised me. At this point in my life sports rarely brings out my anger. There's just more important things to worry about.

Quote:
But I have to admit that I blame LeBron James for the current state of the league. The guy has manipulated his way to the city and players he's wanted in a way we've never seen before. He inspired other stars to start doing the same (KD --> GSW, AD --> LA, KD/KI to BKN, etc...) and, IMO, we're going to see more and more of this going forward. I mean even when LeBron retires, Klutch Sports will still be there, pulling this ****.

Quote:
Regroup, Regroup!!!
Danny's going for the long haul. But, come on. Get it together. #18.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
diando wrote:
Jingle bells, Clippers gagged, Lakers won the chip.
2020 lost a wheel, but we got number seventeen!

Don't quit your day job...

Mashing thru the monster truck rally, in a two-jack o'lantern nightmare trashbag. Over the New Jersey swamp dragon they blackmail spelunking every day, hey, ha, hey.
aiel
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

That one guy is correct about one thing, the future will be agencies as a direct pipeline to NBA teams. Lakers are visionaries in that sense, the Knicks are following the same path, other teams will be next. Young players will choose agencies knowing they will end up with certain teams, Klutch = Lakers.
MoriArty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:

GO LAKERS. 18 comin' up.

https://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/22/freaky-friday-n-b-a-style-when-the-clippers-were-the-celtics/

I did not know this. That is HILARIOUS and I can't wait to broach this subject the next time some salty Celtics fan tries to bring up the Minneapolis thing.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Kobe made the Lakers a global brand. Look at all the fans cheering at the road games. Do you think anyone gives two craps about the Celtics outside of Boston?

They can suck it. We're coming for 18 next year.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Still feels great, guys. Love it.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject:

F T SALTICS!
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

They worrying about first to 18 now. Not only will it be the Lakers, but we'll be the first to 20 as well.

It isn't the 60s anymore, Bahstahn.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

LOL before know-nothing sports "pundits" got on the Clippers' nuts, they were all over the Celtics. So great to see both the Celts and the Clippers fail lol:

AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I have a Boston Celtic friend (grew up in Boston) that moved out to Cali... loves the Clippers

Calls them Celtics west. Loves Doc Rivers too.

LMAO.... I took him to the cleaners w/our title run

BTW, I love to refer to the KG Celtics as the 1 ring dynasty.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

Now one of their own, Bill Simmons, is trolling them:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=103070.0

Simmons argues that the 2020 Lakers would beat the 2008 Celtics and the Green fans are ticked.

Quote:
Garbage opinion. I used to like Bill, but it seems like he is just struggling to hold on with outrageous takes/ideas as as of late. This may not be the case (I have no idea what his level of popularity is now compared to what it used to be), but this just seems desperate.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Now one of their own, Bill Simmons, is trolling them:

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=103070.0

Simmons argues that the 2020 Lakers would beat the 2008 Celtics and the Green fans are ticked.

Quote:
Garbage opinion. I used to like Bill, but it seems like he is just struggling to hold on with outrageous takes/ideas as as of late. This may not be the case (I have no idea what his level of popularity is now compared to what it used to be), but this just seems desperate.

Would have loved to see the KG vs. AD matchup. 2020 Lakers definitely take the 2008 Celtics, who were ultimately an overhyped one-hit wonder.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

these foos heard bout schroeder yet
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:

GO LAKERS. 18 comin' up.

Celtics have 1 title in the last 3 decades. Most of theirs were won during a minimally sanctioned league. I hate they are considered an elite franchise.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

time for some updates:

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Teams love giving the Lakers good players in return for next to nothing.

Cuban Pete wrote:
Are you referring to this?

from Basketball Reference wrote:
RefJuly 6, 2019: As part of a 3-team trade, traded by the New Orleans Pelicans to the Los Angeles Lakers; the Los Angeles Lakers traded Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, De'Andre Hunter, Brandon Ingram, cash, a 2021 1st round draft pick, a 2023 1st round draft pick and a 2024 1st round draft pick to the New Orleans Pelicans; the Los Angeles Lakers traded Isaac Bonga, Jemerrio Jones, Moritz Wagner and a 2022 2nd round draft pick to the Washington Wizards; and the Washington Wizards traded cash to the New Orleans Pelicans. (9-30 protected, unprotected in 2022) (2023 first-round pick is right to swap with LAL.) (NOP have the option to defer 2024 first-round pick to 2025.) $1MM $1.1MM

All for a player who would have walked at the end of the season.

On trying to sign Rondo:

Ernest wrote:
Yeah it was weird how LAL fans hated Rondo to start with. I remember talking to them on their forum saying they would like him and he'd end up helping them get a title and I was told I was wrong by everyone. Kind of also funny how many people on here turned on him. From reading posts over the last few years, you'd think he forced his way out and burned the bridge behind him. The "Bring Rondo Home 2017-19" threads were no where near as positive.

DannyBoy36 wrote:
I think Rondo being smarter than Brad wouldn’t work here.

Ernest wrote:
So he only played well in the playoffs? Did you watch the Lakers bubble and season games? I didn't, but I bet you didn't either. Can't really go off stats with a guy like Rondo. Also, even if what you are saying is true, who cares? He just played well in the playoffs and won a title. I think our team can get to the playoffs playoff help is exactly what we need.

Also, this idea that Rondo wouldn't play behind Kemba because he has more all-stars and rings than him? You realize that Rondo was playing behind someone worse than Kemba in LAL right? I mean, just come out and say you hate Rondo, no need to make stuff up.

BK2020 wrote:
Rondo sux

Elegant

Tyakack wrote:
CelticsLV wrote:
Brad can't coexist with Rondo. There's reason why Ainge doesn't go for big ego players. You might aswell make Rondo as a playing head coach.

Because our coach is soft as hell. Imagine not bringing in a player that could help your team because you're afraid your coach is too weak to keep him in check. Kinda pathetic tbh.

Ernest wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Can they just trade for him at the deadline? Really don't want regular season Rondo on this team.

Yeah why sign him now when we can give up something to get him later.

Will look for more later
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
I HAD a Boston Celtic friend (grew up in Boston) that moved out to Cali... loves the Clippers

Calls them Celtics west. Loves Doc Rivers too.

LMAO.... I took him to the cleaners w/our title run

Fixed.

Never admit, my friend, never admit.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: