Rumor: The Lakers have shown interest in trading for DeMar DeRozan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject:

I was wrong on Rondo/Dwight's fit on the Lakers. We all pointed out all the shortcomings while ignoring their positives to the team. I will absolutely not lose any sleep if the Lakers trade for DROZ. I think he can help the team.

He also isn't the ideal fit either, but neither were Rondo/Dwight (and I get that DROZ makes multiples more...but he's a possible expiring deal anyways).

It's really not as big of a deal that some are making it out to be. If anything, AD/LBJ has taught us how much they simplify things for other players due to their dominant play.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I was wrong on Rondo/Dwight's fit on the Lakers. We all pointed out all the shortcomings while ignoring their positives to the team. I will absolutely not lose any sleep if the Lakers trade for DROZ. I think he can help the team.

He also isn't the ideal fit either, but neither were Rondo/Dwight (and I get that DROZ makes multiples more...but he's a possible expiring deal anyways).

It's really not as big of a deal that some are making it out to be. If anything, AD/LBJ has taught us how much they simplify things for other players due to their dominant play.

Everyone so hung up on 3 and D.

This season is going to be weird with such a short rest period for the Lakers. Derozan's ability to score 20-25 ppg would be huge on nights where Lebron takes a break.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
32 wrote:
Who would have the incentive to leak this?

DeRozan's agent. Duh. The idea doesn't make a lot of sense for either the Lakers or the Spurs. But getting DeRozan's name out in the rumor mill is a good thing if DeRozan wants out of San Antonio. Connecting his name to the Lakers is a great way to be sure that the media picks up on the story.

I could be proven dead wrong on this one, but the odds are in my favor. Some of you are way too gullible about this stuff. This rumor doesn't deserve its own thread any more than the Ibaka rumor did. We'll probably get 5-10 more major rumors (and a zillion minor rumors) between now and Thanksgiving.

Exactly. I'd rather bring Waiters back than give up assets for DeRozan.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:21 am    Post subject:

bringing waiters back should definitely happen. He's a low salary.. even low risk because we can cut him.

And he can create his own shot.. which most can't do.

I'm in on the DROZ trade.. but doubt it happens.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject:

I would not be a huge fan of this in terms of in-game flow and spacing if other factors weren't in play.

However, due to the Lakers not seeming high on extending Kuz at the level he wants, and the real need for rest... this move would make sense to me. They need another consistent scorer if for no other reason than to give Lebron and AD a breather for the first quarter of the season. I know Lebron seems invincible. But with the lack of rest and increased strain and age, I worry about injury. And AD is not super durable, either.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

DROZ is a very good regular season player.

Remember, his playoff performances came to a crashing halt against...LBJ and the Cavs.

Also remember how Lowry was also chastised for being a horrible playoff player. All of a sudden he gets Kawhi and boom he's a legend.

I have no doubts that DROZ would flourish with LBJ/AD.

I just don't think the Spurs trade with us. Pop still fuming about Pau Gasol in 2020.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Derozan is one of the best pnr scores in the game today, he would be deadly with AD and is also a killer iso player.

We would have to sign another shooter preferably a big or start AD at center (which I fear him getting injured @ center during the regular season).

I like the trade Green and Kuz for Derozan. But if Kuz takes it to another level we would be kicking ourselves for it.

I'm 50/50 kinda leaning towards making the trade but it sure is a risk and would have to be followed by signing a shooter.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHiqn5DHyE4/?igshid=k8s4oa2lbicp

Matt barnes and stack asked him about it lol
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject:

No to Derozan
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Michael Jordan coming out of retirement and winning MVP is more likely than San Antonio trading with us.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Michael Jordan coming out of retirement and winning MVP is more likely than San Antonio trading with us.

They ruined their franchise by refusing to take BI for KL
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:

this fool had a chance in 2016 i think? and played the loyalty card with the raptors. after 1 year got traded for Kawhi.

now his team doesnt want him.

Stay with the spurs, Demar
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

this fool had a chance in 2016 i think? and played the loyalty card with the raptors. after 1 year got traded for Kawhi.

Hmmm.... sounds like Demar was being loyal. He didn't ask to be traded by the Raptors.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776371-report-demar-derozan-extremely-upset-after-kawhi-leonard-trade-to-raptors

Let's learn some facts before we spew fake news
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

The difference is that Dwight and Rondo were bonuses. They weren't projected to be in our top 5 regardless. DDR is replacing two wing defender (our only ones currently) and two players who are in our top 5.

I would also note that Rondo was mostly garbage if his 3pt shot wasn't falling and Dwight was unplayable in close games as the playoffs went on (because of his lack of spacing, in addition to some problems with his ability to move laterally). DeRozan would have similar concerns as with Rondo except we will need him to be much more reliable because there is no Kuz/Green to go to and he's going to get way more minutes, so if he fails, its going to be much more detrimental.

I don't think you can approach a DDR trade with the same kind of cost/benefit analysis as we approached either Rondo or Dwight last year. The situations and what we will have to "need" from DDR is completely different.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Hmmm.... sounds like Demar was being loyal. He didn't ask to be traded by the Raptors.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2776371-report-demar-derozan-extremely-upset-after-kawhi-leonard-trade-to-raptors

Lets learn to read again and comprehend before we you go after other posters who dont agree with u.

point was he had chance in 2016 to come here, sign and be the guy. He decided not to come and got dumped for Kawhi and now again his current team trying to dump him
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm in the Pop does not trade with the Lakers camp. He's never been fond of us because of our legacy of grabbing great players, the latest being AD & James, and pairing them with the complementary parts to win.

Personally, I'd love to have DD because I think he fits that description. The attention that James & AD get would open up worlds of opportunities for him. One other reason I like him? The recent performance by Butler without a working 3pt shot proves a skilled player can adjust, and even thrive.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Lets learn to read again and comprehend before we you go after other posters who dont agree with u.

point was he had chance in 2016 to come here, sign and be the guy. He decided not to come and got dumped for Kawhi and now again his current team trying to dump him

this fool had a chance in 2016 i think? and played the loyalty card with the raptors

Thanks come again
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I've heard NBA Analyst state that DeMar isn't the right choice for the Lakers. That they 'Like' the trade idea, but they don't 'Love' the idea. They said that DeMar doesn't shoot the 3-Ball, which is true...

I look at DeMar as simply the Main reason for picking him up IMO.
To give LBJ rest!

DeMar is by far no LBJ, however he would instantly be the 3rd option on this team and the 3rd best player in terms of creating his own shot. DeMar can easily average 20ppg, which we couldn't get out of Kuzma.

We lose 3-point shooting which is already a bad area for us, but ultimately, he's a mid-range guy who creates for himself and teammates. With the way AD likes to play on the Wing, DeMar shooting three's doesn't matter. We'll balance out the team and fill that void.

I think DeMar is a good choice for us, not too big of a gamble.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:

Yep he said he doesnt want to follow kobes legacy and make own legacy in toronto..... he did just that the guy who was traded for KL
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't help with spacing + Doesn't help with D = Doesn't don a Laker uniform
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

What did the Spurs fans say about their two stars? LaMidrange and DeFrozen?
I guess between Bron, AD and DeFrozen... we could 2 pt teams to death.
1OfThem1z
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Doesn't matter we got LeBron and AD. DeRozan as the 3rd option is a major upgrade over anything we had last year. He is also another playmaker who can give LeBron some rest.

We can find shooting in FA to fit around them. Guys like Wayne Ellington can be had for the vet min.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 pm    Post subject:

reddit thread on Derozan’s defense

TLDR - he sucks

Last edited by pokoy on Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
reddit thread on Derozan’s defense

TLDR - he sucks

Thanks for sharing.

Demar one of the worst defenders in the NBA and got significantly worse this year
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:16 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

This is my stance on it. You'd be addressing playmaking and creating even bigger holes with defense and spacing. Then you'd be scrambling to address both those issues in a weak free agent class. Why not just address playmaking with more sensible options and not give up your only real assets? Seems like a much more practical way to go about it.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: