Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Need to go after Gasol now to guard those big centers?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Not going to lie I didn't love it right after hearing about the signing. However Lakers clearly just created a great pick and roll tandem for Schroder. And Lebron for that matter. Lakers can replicate the bench scoring the Clippers had last year. In the playoffs obviously we can still play AD at the Center.

Sure I would have loved Ibaka, but not sure if that was in the cards.

Lakers have 2 good players they can trade in Montrezl and Schroder if something comes up. Not saying we need to trade them, but it's an option.

KCP???
Wes
Lebron
AD
Javale

Schroder
Caruso
Kuz
Morris????
Montrezl

That is solid team if we can get KCP/Morris back.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

I just really wish we never would of let Dwight go man his Defense will be irreplaceable
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Go4thaGold wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Wow, Trez must really wanna shove it up the clippers a$$

https://ibb.co/0CGfrHf (Trez in Purple and Gold)

Pat Bev won't like this! lol

Well played, Go4thaGold.. Great photoshopping skils.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject:

We could’ve had both Dwight (vet min) and Trez (MLE) right?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Great signing. We need some youth on the team.

Remember that Harrell struggled because he lost his grandmother during the bubble and had a hard time coping with that loss.

Can score, high energy, good defense (don't let the playoffs detract from that), tireless motor.

Along with Wes M and AD, we have some really really good defenders we can put on the floor.

The problems he had on defense was that they were trying to play him as an undersized 5. Unless the other team goes small, he's going to struggle with that. They wanted him to stop Jovic ffs.

Last edited by silkwilkes on Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Shocking, but really interesting and potentially a great signing. I love his ability to rebound, score in the paint and his overall feistiness.

Plus, he's only 26. I really hope he develops a jumper this offseason.

I know he's not a good defender (from what I've heard), but does he at least run the floor well? Will he become a new weapon for our fast break/transition game?
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@ChrisFedor

With the Lakers out of the Tristan Thompson mix by signing Montrezl Harrell, the Los Angeles Clippers now become a real possibility for Tristan. A chance to reunite with Tyronn Lue and be in LA.

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

9 million for the 6th man of the year is a massive steal. This is an amazing move by Rob and Klutch, weakens the Clippers and gives us a near 20pts a game scorer.

And with Vogel's system and AD next to him, his D will not be an issue, book it.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
I dont like this at all. Overrated PnR man with no jumpshot and got exposed in the playoffs. I'd take Dwight at vet min all day everyday over him sucked up the MLE

I love it! I was envious of his development. Made me lament on losing Randle. I thought Randle could be the energizer brute like Montrez, but now we getting the real thing. Lebron will know how to use him. AD will protect him defensively. Schroder and Montrez is our Lou and Montrez. LOL!

Lets face it. What happened to the Clippers was a shocker. The snowball fell down hill and got bigger and bigger and it was too much for them. Every Clipper was exposed, not just Montrez. He is going to be valuable off our bench.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Interesting. I would have kept Dwight but Harrell is better offensively. Harrell could have gotten a lot more money. Looks like this was aimed at the Clippers by Harrell. I don't think he was happy with playoff P or Kawhi.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Mikey P better teach trez to shoot the 3!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

^opps meant to post that in FA thread but LG is so sloooooow
Star Player
Star Player

Wow, I did not see this at all. My instinct is to deeply regret missing Howard's athleticism, defense, physicality, and...wait isn't that what Harrell brings most? But for sooooo much more money?

I'm a bit puzzled.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Step away for a couple hours and come back to this shocker......

Interesting move to say the least. Certainly improved the scoring options and depth on the team as long as they can still bring back or add a couple more players. KCP being at the top if my list.

Still trying to process but looks like the Lakers have given up a lot of defense for these offensive additions. Should be fine most nights over a long season. Will be interesting to see how they play defensively against tough teams and in the playoffs. Vogel has his work cut out for him.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Wow, I did not see this at all. My instinct is to deeply regret missing Howard's athleticism, defense, physicality, and...wait isn't that what Harrell brings most? But for sooooo much more money?

I'm a bit puzzled.

More offensive punch. Plus, it's not as if it was "me or him." Lakers used midlevel on Montrez. Dwight picked Philly.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Love this signing.
26 year old BEAST who never gives up on every possession.

Sure Trezz wasn’t the best at guarding big centers like Jokic, Embiid ext. in the past but now he has Lebron and AD to help him.

Plus whoever followed Trezz and the Clippers last season knows he clearly wasn’t the same player after his Grandmother passed away and Kawhi and PG’s so called “Leadership” continued to be completely nonexistent.

His best friend on the team Lou was fed up with all the BS as well.
Trezz will do great here!!!!!

Let’s gooooooo 🏀🔥🏀💪🏀🔥🏀💪🏀🔥💪
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Hoping his defensive issues were that they were trying to play him as an undersized center.

BORD$ may weigh Harrell’s playoff performance too heavily against him, but his position is a factor, too. Centers automatically have a much higher bar to clear statistically to differentiate themselves from the pack, as the replacement level for 5s is significantly higher. (Look at all the centers near the end of this list if you don’t believe me).

In terms of his real-life market, Harrell won the Sixth Man award while playing for one of the league’s best teams, but remains a tricky piece to fit in on a starter’s money. The offense is potent (31.7 points per 100 on 58.0 percent shooting is pretty ridiculous), but he’s not a shooter, so if he isn’t involved in the pick-and-roll game he can impact spacing. As with the other centers above, the lack of cap space teams and flimsy market for bigs will also conspire against him this offseason.

As far as this specific rating, Harrell gets dinged as a negative defender who is both undersized and not notably mobile. Harrell has the worst defensive PI-PM of any center whose name doesn’t end in “elicio,” dragging down his BORG to the point that his elite offense could only do so much to improve his valuation.

Last edited by ducasse on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I'm a bit puzzled.

More offensive punch. Plus, it's not as if it was "me or him." Lakers used midlevel on Montrez. Dwight picked Philly.

I am wondering if him and Schroeder can form a lethal combo like Lou and Harrell
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Dont really like Trez as a player but he is Laker now and has all my support as any other. We have some fresh legs now which is great. I doubt he defense on the other hand. Maybe Vogel can teach him some staff. But overall I like this move, not player that much.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I swear to the basketball gods I had a feeling earlier this week that the Lakers were going to sign Harrell, but I didn’t post it because I thought it would be ridiculous to post

Klutch clients are always in play.

It seems to me Pelinka understands the team needs to get younger. Those LBJ/Schroder and Harrell PnRs are going to be deadly.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Eh. A "dog" who doesn't play defense and got destroyed by Jokic in the bubble. Not impressed.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Mixed feelings about this. Always thought Montrezl was a helpful player, but like Pat Beverley, I think he's gone from being underrated to a bit overrated. And as we all know, he was completely dominated by Jokic, which in and of itself isn't anything to be ashamed of, but the problem is that basically the most important thing this team needs from its center is to match up against Jokic.

On the other hand, there's no question that getting him on that contract is an extraordinary deal. I think just about everyone expected him to get a lot more, and especially more years. Also, taking him away from the Clippers is a great move, he was hugely important for them and the only one who had any chance at all of bothering AD.

In the end, I reckon it's mostly a Klutch thing, and I have no problem at all with that. Well worth it for LeBron and AD.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Eh. A "dog" who doesn't play defense and got destroyed by Jokic in the bubble. Not impressed.

He should have never been the primary defender on him. That was a horrible matchup for Trez.

You shouldn't ask Trez to to be the primary defender on anyone like Jokic, Giannis, Embiid etc. He's obviously going to lose those matchups as his activity and toughness can only makeup for so much when you're giving up that much size.

One other new massive upgrade he will have now is AD behind him instead of Zubac

On top of all that you can tell it's a great value deal just by reading opposing teams fans lately. Non-Laker fans ARE NOT HAPPY! That makes me even more happy
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Are we really going to complain about stealing the 6th Man of the Year from the Clippers at this point?

We literally got the reigning 6th man of the year AND the runner up in the same off-season.

Last edited by MJST on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 2 of 66
Jump to: