QFTOS -- #17 Edition: Celtics fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:28 am    Post subject:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

japanesebeef1 wrote:
AD23 wrote:
I HAD a Boston Celtic friend (grew up in Boston) that moved out to Cali... loves the Clippers

Calls them Celtics west. Loves Doc Rivers too.

LMAO.... I took him to the cleaners w/our title run

BTW, I love to refer to the KG Celtics as the 1 ring dynasty.

Fixed.

Never admit, my friend, never admit.

Actually, saying the Clippers are Celtics west is historically and factually accurate. In fact, you could even say that the Clippers have all but 4 of the Celtics championships....

If you don't know what I am talking about, look up Clippers and Celtics team swap.

Lakers 17
Clippers 13
Celtics 4
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:06 am    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:
AD23 wrote:
I HAD a Boston Celtic friend (grew up in Boston) that moved out to Cali... loves the Clippers

Fixed.

Actually, saying the Clippers are Celtics west is historically and factually accurate. In fact, you could even say that the Clippers have all but 4 of the Celtics championships....

If you don't know what I am talking about, look up Clippers and Celtics team swap.

Lakers 17
Clippers 13
Celtics 4

Looked it up. Very interesting. Though I still don't understand how you came up with that championship tally based on this peculiar history.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:37 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Fixed.

Lakers 17
Clippers 13
Celtics 4

Looked it up. Very interesting. Though I still don't understand how you came up with that championship tally based on this peculiar history.

Celtics have won 4 since the swap (1978)
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Koalita wrote:
Batguano wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
japanesebeef1 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Fixed.

Lakers 17
Clippers 13
Celtics 4

Celtics have won 4 since the swap (1978)

I get that... but they're still the Boston Celtics throughout all the championships...
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers and the Clippers switched names, would it be the same thing to you?

It is completely nit picky, but it is just fun to rile up Celtics fans who don't really know the history of their franchise.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:32 pm    Post subject:

My favorite Celtic fan moment was reading notorious Boston Sports Guy Bill Simmons live tweeting Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals. He was practically giddy for three quarters, fondling his genitals while the Celtics built a 13 point lead and Kobe was struggling from the field. Then in real time he started melting down as the Lakers came back, took the lead, then Ron Artest buried him with his "Kobe passed me the ball!" 3-pointer.

As confetti rained down and they played "I Love LA" Simmons was clinically depressed, hating life, and bitter. His Celtics now have one title in the last 34 years.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:
My favorite Celtic fan moment was reading notorious Boston Sports Guy Bill Simmons live tweeting Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals. He was practically giddy for three quarters, fondling his genitals while the Celtics built a 13 point lead and Kobe was struggling from the field. Then in real time he started melting down as the Lakers came back, took the lead, then Ron Artest buried him with his "Kobe passed me the ball!" 3-pointer.

As confetti rained down and they played "I Love LA" Simmons was clinically depressed, hating life, and bitter. His Celtics now have one title in the last 34 years.

How I would like to read his live tweets from that game, all four quarters. Any idea how?
I doubt he tweeted about the guy yelling at him from the stands as soon as it ended and the party began, which is on youtube.
Edit: Closest I could get on the live tweets http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=5291143. No content available though there or on wayback machine.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:44 am    Post subject:

Scherm wrote:

I can't find the pic, but my favorite from 2010 was taken at the final buzzer of Gm 7 and it focused on Sasha w/ his face fully aglow, mouth open, hair in the sky, eyebrows perfect as he ran by a glowering Paul Pierce. Haha. Sasha was our answer to Big Baby. His mere presence and happiness was a source of ire for Smelts and their fans (and me, most of the time). To see HIM running past angry Pierce was a hilarious shot. Wish I could find it. Matter of fact, I used Sasha's face at that moment as my avvy for a long time. I just cropped an 80x80 of his face from a sized version of the pic and voila.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
Scherm wrote:

How I would like to read his live tweets from that game, all four quarters. Any idea how?
I doubt he tweeted about the guy yelling at him from the stands as soon as it ended and the party began, which is on youtube.
Edit: Closest I could get on the live tweets http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?id=5291143. No content available though there or on wayback machine.

If you have the patience, you could just scroll back through Simmons twitter feed and eventually get there. There's probably some way of doing an advanced search (probably through an outside app made for Twitter) -- but all old tweets stay up unless the person deletes them.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
focus wrote:
Scherm wrote:

If you have the patience, you could just scroll back through Simmons twitter feed and eventually get there. There's probably some way of doing an advanced search (probably through an outside app made for Twitter) -- but all old tweets stay up unless the person deletes them.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought advanced search would do the trick, but while it shows several tweets for days before and after the game day, it just skips over that day's tweets mostly, except for one with urls going to dead links on espn and nba.com. Possibly some proprietary thing for those two. Guess I'll just check his tweets in June when we beat the Bucks or Heat again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: