Which of these Lakers will have the biggest impact this season?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of these Lakers will have the biggest impact this season, including the playoffs
THT
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Kyle Kuzma
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Marc Gasol
11%
 11%  [ 5 ]
Alex Caruso
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Montrez Harrell
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Dennis Schoroder
34%
 34%  [ 15 ]
Wes Matthews
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
M. Morris
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Which of these Lakers will have the biggest impact this season?

Which Laker not named Lebron, AD, or KCP (and the usual benchwarmers) will have the biggest impact on this NBA season, and why?

For me, I'm thinking Dennis S. His ability to facilitate the offense and score about 15ppg will prove pivotal for a Laker team that will likely rely more on scoring then on the lockdown defense they had last season. Lets face it, this Lakers team is not as strong defensively this season, and that may prove to be an issue come playoffs time.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

I went with Trezz because he gives our bench some legitimate bite and power.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:42 am    Post subject:

Caruso. Even without scoring and shooting last season, he brought intangibles and did all those little things that only showed on plus ratings coming off the bench. I expect him to get better especially with his shooting. The chemistry he developed with Lebron can’t be denied.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

KYLE 'EXTENSION INCOMING' KUZMA (hair)
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Based on the two pre-season games, Trez. He's like an energizer bunny smaller replacement of Howard.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

trezz seems like safest bet
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Tough one.
All of the above.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

Gasol will have the biggest on-court impact, but his time will be shorter than Harrel / DS, so quantity or quality?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm going Schroder, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by his great 2 way play. He is not going to being getting picked on imo like i've seen some people talking about.

This is one of those "there is no real wrong answer" though since pretty much all those guys will be needed throughout the season and can all leave there mark on a game in different ways.

I love how Schroder will allow Lebron to not worry about bringing the ball up and taking some pg duties from him for at least stretches here and there. Between him and Gasol we should be able to have at least a solid facilitator on the floor at all times in any big game. Then Wes and Kuz can handle most minutes defensively on the better SF's of the NBA. Everyone on the roster should be able to remain fresh in this crazy season which is a massive advantage considering we already have far and away the best duo in the NBA.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Which of these Lakers will have the biggest impact this season?

troy wrote:
Which Laker not named Lebron, AD, or KCP (and the usual benchwarmers) will have the biggest impact on this NBA season, and why?

For me, I'm thinking Dennis S. His ability to facilitate the offense and score about 15ppg will prove pivotal for a Laker team that will likely rely more on scoring then on the lockdown defense they had last season. Lets face it, this Lakers team is not as strong defensively this season, and that may prove to be an issue come playoffs time.

I think it will be the same as last year. It will be the Lebron and AD show, and there won't be a clear cut #3 guy.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject:

Great question!

I went with Trez, because if Schroder starts, he will not be scoring 19ppg...
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:03 am    Post subject:

Intriguing that THT got so little attention with this poll when he is the only Laker role player that has shown some actual game this pre-season.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Intriguing that THT got so little attention with this poll when he is the only Laker role player that has shown some actual game this pre-season.

I love what he showed in the preseason but he's unlikely to get a ton of possessions as the primary ball handler or first option in the regular season. I think the preseason was important for his growth and expect him to see minutes but often in the preseason he was the primary option in some of those lineups. The Lakers are almost certainly going to have Lebron, AD, or Shroder on the court at all times... And then you have guys like Trez and Kuzma who will also need more touches. Since he's most effective with the ball in his hands I think his impact will be smaller.

That's in no way a knock on him. It's a reflection of the talent around him and his youth.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
troy wrote:

I love what he showed in the preseason but he's unlikely to get a ton of possessions as the primary ball handler or first option in the regular season. I think the preseason was important for his growth and expect him to see minutes but often in the preseason he was the primary option in some of those lineups. The Lakers are almost certainly going to have Lebron, AD, or Shroder on the court at all times... And then you have guys like Trez and Kuzma who will also need more touches. Since he's most effective with the ball in his hands I think his impact will be smaller.

That's in no way a knock on him. It's a reflection of the talent around him and his youth.

He can be used on the 2nd unit extensively. He can play with AC, with the two of them being a formidable defensive backcourt with 3 point capability. As for Kuzma, he needs to show me something, and soon. My patience is running out on this guy. There are too many players on this Lakers team that are ready and willing to produce. Kuz needs to ramp up his game and be much more consistent.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Congrats to all who picked Schro, Kuz and Trezz. I think they've done a commendable job this season, especially Kuzzzzz.

And a big YIKES to whoever picked Gasol to have the most on-court impact LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: