*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Philadelphia 76ers (01/27/21 @ 4:30 pm PT) Gm# 19 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject:

All the Dwight screens were moving screens. The one with Mathews was in front of the ref.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:39 am    Post subject:

Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid says Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James should have been ejected for foul

Quote:
"First of all, I mean, you look at it, that's a very dangerous play," Embiid said of James' foul, which came at the 5:44 mark of the third quarter. "I guarantee you that if it was me, I would have probably been ejected from the game, which has happened in the past with me getting flagrant fouls really for nothing."

Quote:
"First of all, LeBron's not a dirty player," Rivers said. "It was just a physical play, and they had to call the flagrant, I guess.

"You know, all of the flagrants tonight ... you can get a flagrant easy these days. But that fall was hard, and there was some concern there, for sure. The fact that Joel kept going, clearly he wasn't the same after that, as far as his movement. And we kinda knew that, and we used him a lot in pick-and-rolls because of that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30792516/philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid-says-los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-ejected-foul
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid says Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James should have been ejected for foul

Quote:
"First of all, I mean, you look at it, that's a very dangerous play," Embiid said of James' foul, which came at the 5:44 mark of the third quarter. "I guarantee you that if it was me, I would have probably been ejected from the game, which has happened in the past with me getting flagrant fouls really for nothing."

Quote:
"First of all, LeBron's not a dirty player," Rivers said. "It was just a physical play, and they had to call the flagrant, I guess.

"You know, all of the flagrants tonight ... you can get a flagrant easy these days. But that fall was hard, and there was some concern there, for sure. The fact that Joel kept going, clearly he wasn't the same after that, as far as his movement. And we kinda knew that, and we used him a lot in pick-and-rolls because of that."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30792516/philadelphia-76ers-joel-embiid-says-los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-ejected-foul

Quote:
I would have probably been ejected from the game

That is such a weak counterfactual. Statements like this get made way too often.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Los Angeles Lakers (14-5) @ Detroit Pistons (4-14)
    Thursday, Jan. 28th, 2021 5:00 PM PST
    Little Ceasars Arena, Detroit, MI

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=190704
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

Lebron barely touched flopping Embiid.

He’s so used to flopping that he is really going to injure himself.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

So Joel is saying he does it often so the refs eject him all the time? Quite refreshing to know
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Nah, he won't get hurt, he's a highly skilled professional flopper.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Nah, he won't get hurt, he's a highly skilled professional flopper.

Maybe but with the incident last night he’s so used to flailing that he ended up taking a hard fall..unless he was trying to milk it as much as possible to get Lebron ejected which is entirely possible too.

Funny he walked like he had lower back issue then he checks in and he’s running out there. Embiid did grow up as a soccer player so it comes naturally to him
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I am not mad at this loss, the Lakers decided to show up and basically stole the game. Don't see how Sixers gain any confidence from this.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

that was a dirty play.. let's stop making excuses.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44
Jump to: