View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
No moral victory here tbh.

If you are a championship type team, you have to beat this Sacramento Kings team.

We aren’t good enough as currently constructed. Don’t have the interior defense of last season and we don’t know yet if we will have that playoff AD who had 4 months off.

In a game where the Kings had all their best players, and we only had one of ours, plus missing some other key guys...and THIS is your takeaway from the game? Ok.

It’s a (bleep) team that just lost 9 in a row.

They didn’t have the impressive rookie Halliburton. There was no Whiteside to take advantage of the undersized Lakers interior.

Yeah, to me it’s just not good enough.

What I know for sure is Harrell is simply not good enough defensively. It doesn’t matter how much he scores, he gives it all up and then puts his hands up looking to blame someone else.

The guys who played tonight should be able to beat the Kings. There was 3 guys who passed the test: Schroder, Kuzma and Morris. KCP did well on defense which I commend him for being so banged up. He’s the only that stuck to Hield.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

mad55557777 wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

If you are a championship type team, you have to beat this Sacramento Kings team.

We aren’t good enough as currently constructed. Don’t have the interior defense of last season and we don’t know yet if we will have that playoff AD who had 4 months off.

You realize LBJ and AD didn’t play tonight, right? Those two kind of had a role in our championship .......

Even AC and Marc could’ve helped tonight

With AC and Marc, we would have won this game for sure. AC replaces Wes' minutes with a much better player, and Marc gives us some interior presence to take away the Kings domination in the paint.

Last edited by Killer_Z on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

Remember the good-old days when our team without LBJ and AD beat the Thunder (CP3, DS, Steven Adams) and Rockets (Harden, Russ) back to back? Yeah...those are golden and very, very distant memories.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

Edit: Double

Last edited by BlueNGold on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Dang, that was hella close Kuz. Good effort.

Trez sucks and is not a championship caliber player. Rest of roster is fine. But at the end of the day, we go nowhere without a fully healthy AD, so much ado about nothing.

Trezz sucks??

poor defender, consistently exposed at higher levels of play, not part of any of our top lineups that we can realistically expect to see in the playoffs.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
You chicken littles are pathetic. “Blow this up”
We are in 3rd place missing our second best, top 5 player in the league.
We lost a game with missing our 1 & 2 beat players

Give me a break..

Sure I wanted them to win, but the sky is not falling.

Exactly!

IMO If ANY one of our injured players had played tonight we win going away.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

123-120, Kings pull this one out.

Tough one for the Lakers to lose as they had shots to win down the stretch, including a 120-119 lead. With no AD, no Gasol, and really no one else who can reliably defend the paint, the Kings just kept going at the Lakers interior D over and over scoring 64 points in the paint, and topping that off with 48% from 3.

Thus the two areas Vogel's defense area is built around failed tonight. Not to be unexpected, all things considered.

Note, Lakers have lost now 7 of last 10 games. Of course, 4 of those games there was no DS, and 1 had no LBJ, and of course no AD during that stretch.

I will be surprised if Jones stays after tonight's game. Frankly, I'd like him to, but in the one game he had a chance to make a difference, I think there were several second sequences where the team may not like what they saw on defense. Hope I'm wrong.

The officials truly didnt help today and if I'm Vog I would go off and take the fine. They made a terrible call v DS on a 3 point attempt calling an offensive foul when the same was not called against opponent shooters in the GS and Suns game (shooter elbow striking defender in the face). They then did not take back the 3 and call it a 2. They also were, in stretches, just holding their whistles.

With that said, the Lakers limp into the ASB at a good time. There's alot to chew on for the team, including if indeed they have enough at center.

Refs did not help at all and if
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

You realize LBJ and AD didn’t play tonight, right? Those two kind of had a role in our championship .......

Obviously you don’t win a championship without your superstars. I’m saying the supporting cast is not championship caliber right now.

Take the Nets with no Harden and KD. They beat this Sacramento team. I bet they even do it without Kyrie too.

Take Kawhi/PG off the clippers, I would still put money on the clippers to beat this Sacramento Kings team.

Philly without Embiid and Simmons could also probably beat this Sacramento team.

Last edited by LakerSD on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
You chicken littles are pathetic. “Blow this up”
We are in 3rd place missing our second best, top 5 player in the league.
We lost a game with missing our 1 & 2 beat players

Give me a break..

Sure I wanted them to win, but the sky is not falling.

Agreed. Just another frustrating loss.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Meh... It took 73%/64% shooting from Hield to beat us...

Matthews needs to be a goner after tonight. How many more chances he will get? As a vet he should know he stinking it up. I rather have Waiters at this point.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

The Lakers might have saved Luke’s coaching gig with the Kings lol

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Trez sucks and is not a championship caliber player. Rest of roster is fine. But at the end of the day, we go nowhere without a fully healthy AD, so much ado about nothing.

Trezz sucks??

poor defender, consistently exposed at higher levels of play, not part of any of our top lineups that we can realistically expect to see in the playoffs.

I don’t get the poor defender part, but if a bench guy gets me 26/13, He doesn’t suck
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Gift to the King’s tonight.
Luke and the entire city of Sacramento avoid the 10 game losing streak.

We had our chances to win but when Dudz gotta play 20 minutes...
Some rest during this All Star Break. Hopefully they throw in some practices as well

BTW I called it...someone at half asked how much play for Wes and Dudz in second half. I said Vog is predictable like this, just double the minutes from first half.

Welp. Duds - 7 minutes first half, 7 in second. Wes 9 minutes first half, 7 second (ok, so I was off a tad on Wes).
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

The Kings were on a losing streak but they are an NBA team. At a certain point they had to rise up. There are no sure wins in this league.
Unfortunately for us, we had too many injured players and not enough fire-power to win this one. ,
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Trezz sucks??

I don’t get the poor defender part, but if a bench guy gets me 26/13, He doesn’t suck

He doesnt, but I'm not sure I can dispute what another poster said about him, is does he really "fit". I dunno man. Numbers are good but holy cow he is just a sieve on defense. Seems like if you have him out there you absolutely need a defensive big with him, which opens up other problems.

The idea of trading him was tossed out there. I'm not saying do it, but, I'm sure a Trez / KCP (23 mil in salaries) likely gets a good return.

I'd like to see how this team does entirely healthy, and hopefully with another reliable big (is that Jones? If not, someone else?).
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Trezz sucks??

He doesnt, but I'm not sure I can dispute what another poster said about him, is does he really "fit". I dunno man. Numbers are good but holy cow he is just a sieve on defense. Seems like if you have him out there you absolutely need a defensive big with him, which opens up other problems.

The idea of trading him was tossed out there. I'm not saying do it, but, I'm sure a Trez / KCP (23 mil in salaries) likely gets a good return.

I'd like to see how this team does entirely healthy, and hopefully with another reliable big (is that Jones? If not, someone else?).
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

He, so a team without his 2 super all stars, without his starting center, without his X factor, starting a 10 day contract recently waived center should have win this game just because they are champions?
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Obviously you don’t win a championship without your superstars. I’m saying the supporting cast is not championship caliber right now.

Take the Nets with no Harden and KD. They beat this Sacramento team. I bet they even do it without Kyrie too.

Take Kawhi/PG off the clippers, I would still put money on the clippers to beat this Sacramento Kings team.

Philly without Embiid and Simmons could also probably beat this Sacramento team.

Honestly man I didnt expect much tonight. Team did better than I figured. I get Sac-of-potatoes was on a losing streak, but they still have talented guys like fox and hield, etc.

Lakers lack of an interior presence really hurt tonight. Hell, even LBJ can be more intimidating than what was in the paint.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Umm..Vog said officials claimed that the 3 pointer that was actually 2 that "they couldnt reverse" cuz "too much time passed" that's horsecrap. I've totally seen calls changed like that far after they occurred.

Sick of this garbage officiating in this league. Get some real folks in there.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Relax guys, let's just enjoy the all star game. Which is basically what this game was but with better players
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

You just knew we’d be disappointed after clowning the Warriors. I was too happy that night. Lakers realized it
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Vog needs to just rip into them and wont. Take the fine. I'd be like we were extremely dissapointed in what's been happening, calls are inconsistent on the rules, they're not making changes, and if we say anything they become more defiant and continue this bad behavior and league needs to crack down on it.

Silver would be on me big time but I just wouldnt care after what I've seen past 3 games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

It was a hard-fought game but our defense was non-existent. In fact, neither team put much effort out there on the defensive end.

The Lakers need this time off to heal, rejuvenate and to refocus on the task at hand. We're going to need everyone healthy in order to contend for another title.

Last edited by pio2u on Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:

Honestly man I didnt expect much tonight. Team did better than I figured. I get Sac-of-potatoes was on a losing streak, but they still have talented guys like fox and hield, etc.

Lakers lack of an interior presence really hurt tonight. Hell, even LBJ can be more intimidating than what was in the paint.

I expected a win, but I see your point of view.

Absolutely. It’s all just discussion, that’s the beauty of it.

LeCalculated is probably typing his report up for Pelinka.

It’s been a challenging 1st half with a tired team, let’s hope 2nd half they get their legs and energy.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Umm..Vog said officials claimed that the 3 pointer that was actually 2 that "they couldnt reverse" cuz "too much time passed" that's horsecrap. I've totally seen calls changed like that far after they occurred.

Sick of this garbage officiating in this league. Get some real folks in there.

You are not the only one. Donovan Mitchell will be getting a hefty fine for expressing his opinion of the “garbage officiating” earlier tonight.

It is getting old. Too much inconsistency from night to night. Sometimes from one end to the other with different calls. I get that refs miss or screw up calls but sometimes it gets ridiculous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 27 of 28
Jump to: