Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 116-105!

Blew an 18 point lead but they settled down. LBJ and DS were big as a duo tonight. Bench came in again and was solid.

One fascinating stat to me is looking at "points per minute" of late with our defense. The last game, Lakers opened up second half giving up 3 points a minute in the first 4 minutes (12, or on pace to giving up 36 in the quarter). After that Lakers gave up less than 2 points a minute.

Tonight, same sort of story: First 4 minutes, Lakers gave up 16 points (4 points a minute) as their lead just evaporated (on pace for the quarter to give up an insane 48 points). After that? Only 2.2 points a minute f(over a quarter, that is about 26 points).

What's funny about that 2.2 points a minute? Well, over 48 minutes that is 105.6 points.

And look at how many the Hornets scored

Damn bro you are one statistician! Impressive
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 116-105!

Blew an 18 point lead but they settled down. LBJ and DS were big as a duo tonight. Bench came in again and was solid.

One fascinating stat to me is looking at "points per minute" of late with our defense. The last game, Lakers opened up second half giving up 3 points a minute in the first 4 minutes (12, or on pace to giving up 36 in the quarter). After that Lakers gave up less than 2 points a minute.

Tonight, same sort of story: First 4 minutes, Lakers gave up 16 points (4 points a minute) as their lead just evaporated (on pace for the quarter to give up an insane 48 points). After that? Only 2.2 points a minute funny (over a quarter, that is about 26 points).

What's funny about that 2.2 points a minute? Well, over 48 minutes that is 105.6 points.

Noticed you've been doing these in game thread recaps. Not sure if its a new thing but

Oh, thanks man. Nothing like DB's, but sometimes folks poke in here before DB does a full recap and like to give a quick run down as the game goes along so I try to provide some feedback...also acts as an outlet for me during the game
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 116-105!

Tonight, same sort of story: First 4 minutes, Lakers gave up 16 points (4 points a minute) as their lead just evaporated (on pace for the quarter to give up an insane 48 points). After that? Only 2.2 points a minute f(over a quarter, that is about 26 points).

Tx...and damn glad our fellas won tonight!
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 116-105!

I'll have to see how these recaps go if we have a bad loss! "Lebron old. KCP drunk. Kuz low bbiq. Trez undersized. Trade THT."
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 116-105!

I'll have to see how these recaps go if we have a bad loss! "Lebron old. KCP drunk. Kuz low bbiq. Trez undersized. Trade THT."

I can probably dig up one, its never that bad. But I have no issue at all ripping into them when they play like crap. Will see if I can find an example
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lakers win 116-105!

For your reading pleasure, after that frustrating game vs the Suns:

DrDent wrote:
Suns win 114-104.

Suns shot a ridiculous 16-29 from 3.

Lakers actually shot around their season average 11-31.

A game I figured the team would lose without AD, but then with no Gasol and no Kuz this looked like a sure L.

With all that team was still in it for most of the game. What really got me were some strange lineups by Vog. Its wierd cuz Duds was a +9...but problem was, I believe he did that in the first half, and added nothing to that in the second as the Lakers trailed. They needed to make a push and just never could. Constant get close, but not get over the hump in second half.

For this game, I really think Vog just didnt do a good job getting the right mix out there. Team also hurt themselves with some "3 stooges offense" moments (e.g. the last minute of the game just as an example).

Suns scoring was really balanced which didnt help. Their entire starting lineup shot over 50% - CP3 was only guy who didnt shoot well.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

three stooges reference lol, nice touch!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Pureshot77 wrote:
three stooges reference lol, nice touch!

Yea, for awhile this year (albeit, since this all star break this has actually gotten better), the Lakers seemed to have 2-3 "moments" of "3 stooges basketball", as in for about 3 minutes in a game, they:

Turnover every other possession
Offense goes to a stall
Guys start making sloppy passes
Dribbling off their foot, etc, etc

Just mind numbing to watch the amount of self-inflicted wounds that sort of unfocused play creates. To the team's credit, since all star break, it's been about only 1x per game.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

Wish this was a blowout, I'll take the win though but with teams like this I want LBJ to sit the entire 4th because they have such a big lead.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to: