*** Los Angeles Lakers vs New Orleans Pelicans (03/23/21 @ 4:30 pm PT) Gm# 44 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
KCP last 5 games:
3 points
7 points
0 points
7 points
8 points

never has been starter material

I want KCP gone. He’s a mental midget. Dumb as heck.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

Nice THT

Not nice Wes lol

But the previous shot was nice
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, I'm too lazy to look...But, what is the approx. AD return date, and when is trade deadline?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
So, I'm too lazy to look...But, what is the approx. AD return date, and when is trade deadline?

Trade deadline is Thursday 3PM EST
AD will be evaluated in a week or two
troy
Star Player
Star Player

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
KCP last 5 games:
3 points
7 points
0 points
7 points
8 points

He needs to go. And soon. Damn him.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

leor_77 wrote:

No idea on AD, but trade deadline is March 25.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Stu
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

So after this game we could see a new squad on the floor for the 76ers game. Thank God...
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Some of you do not seem to understand that we are playing without Lebron James and Anthony Davis. Remember them? They're both pretty good.

Hopefully Pelinka can get us a piece that can help us bridge this time frame so we do not drop out of playoff contention.

On an aside, did I just hear Reggie Miller say that "this is a big win for the Pelicans"? Apparently he does not realize that Lebron and AD are out either.

Apparently we had the best depth in the entire NBA and our bench can make it to playoffs

Clippers games were competitive without KL and PG.

Mr genius Rob let Dwight go , dude wanted a minimum contract. DS were Trez were all empty stats their entire lives. but LG made them superstars..It was so funny people wanted to get All star level players to trade DS/TREZ/THT/KCP/KUZ. they are role players with very limited skill set.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Keep in mind that the Sixers game is right after the
Trade deadline, so we could be without more players if we make some trades.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

KCP and DS

3-17
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
So after this game we could see a new squad on the floor for the 76ers game. Thank God...

KCP should not be starting.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

128-111 Pelicans win

Was not really that close. After a competitive first quarter it slowly went down hill. At one point in the third, Pels had a 30 point womping on the team.

Lakers were actually 18-37 from 3 which was one of their better games all year and should be, usually, more than enough. But still were dominated. Mainly due to no defense (e.g. no AD, Gasol, and now no Jones = no real interior presence), and no real playmaking in the paint (outscored in the paint 62-32. Probably says it all there).

At this point Rob will likely start feeling some weight on his shoulders. The team is progressively playing worse since LBJ's injury and currently look like a tasty snack to alot of NBA opponents.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakers that get on my damn nerves:

1. Katavius Caldwell Pope

2. Matthews
3. AC
4. DS
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

THT with some nice dimes at the end. He looks to pass more than DS. THTs passing ceiling is way higher than DS and AC, he’s just young. Kuz had one dinner with Kobe and thought he could be him if he tried harder. Not gonna EVER happen.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kuz 1-5
KCP 1-6
DS 1-4

That's impressive.
Kuz had a decent impact though, which shows in that he's the only plus on the team.

That’s not going to win you crap...

Add to that their freaking defense. 40 pts in the paint in a half? Harrell at C will cause the Lakers a ring or at worst playoffs spot.

didn't you say that he is an elite defender
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:23 pm    Post subject:

In next game, just give the ball to Caruso and get the (bleep) of the way maybe there will be a miracle that we see the 2019 Caruso
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Harrell has tunnel vision near the rim; he never passes out of a double team to an open shooter.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
leking006 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Kuz 1-5
KCP 1-6
DS 1-4

That's impressive.
Kuz had a decent impact though, which shows in that he's the only plus on the team.

That’s not going to win you crap...

Add to that their freaking defense. 40 pts in the paint in a half? Harrell at C will cause the Lakers a ring or at worst playoffs spot.

didn't you say that he is an elite defender

I didnt said that. Tag me where I said that. I constantly said here that he is not a good defender at C spot not unless he will play togehter with AD, which will help him cover his paint defense weakness.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
THT with some nice dimes at the end. He looks to pass more than DS. THTs passing ceiling is way higher than DS and AC, he’s just young. Kuz had one dinner with Kobe and thought he could be him if he tried harder. Not gonna EVER happen.

I honestly feel THT just needs to be given by a team that is willing to live through his mistakes and growth 30+ minutes a night. I do think his growth is stunted playing on a team that *has* to monitor what he is doing. As up/down he is, I personally see lots of potential and would try to trade for him.

For example, rumor is Toronto wants to deal Powell. If I'm their GM, I see in THT a young player I can lure in with the promise of playing time to team up with Vanvleet and Siakam. I'd take KCP off the Lakers hands as well, as he'd be someone I have under contract, is still a 3 and D guy, and wont be worried about me growing THT.

Lakers would probably strongly consider that trade as well. Not a perfect salary matchup, but wouldnt take much to make it work.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I honestly feel THT just needs to be given by a team that is willing to live through his mistakes and growth 30+ minutes a night. I do think his growth is stunted playing on a team that *has* to monitor what he is doing. As up/down he is, I personally see lots of potential and would try to trade for him.

For example, rumor is Toronto wants to deal Powell. If I'm their GM, I see in THT a young player I can lure in with the promise of playing time to team up with Vanvleet and Siakam. I'd take KCP off the Lakers hands as well, as he'd be someone I have under contract, is still a 3 and D guy, and wont be worried about me growing THT.

Lakers would probably strongly consider that trade as well. Not a perfect salary matchup, but wouldnt take much to make it work.

I like this take.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

I like this take.

THT is barely 20. The more minutes and experience, he will be fine. At least he’s not afraid. I find KCP and even Schroder reluctant to shoot. Can’t have that.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:
Some of you do not seem to understand that we are playing without Lebron James and Anthony Davis. Remember them? They're both pretty good.

Hopefully Pelinka can get us a piece that can help us bridge this time frame so we do not drop out of playoff contention.

On an aside, did I just hear Reggie Miller say that "this is a big win for the Pelicans"? Apparently he does not realize that Lebron and AD are out either.

Apparently we had the best depth in the entire NBA and our bench can make it to playoffs

Clippers games were competitive without KL and PG.

Mr genius Rob let Dwight go , dude wanted a minimum contract. DS were Trez were all empty stats their entire lives. but LG made them superstars..It was so funny people wanted to get All star level players to trade DS/TREZ/THT/KCP/KUZ. they are role players with very limited skill set.

Criticism of the alleged "depth" is definitely fair. Even before the injuries started walloping the team, its not like the depth was avoiding really close games vs questionable opponents.

With that said, it's hard for me to ignore the Lakers potential versatility with the team if 1) completely healthy and 2) if they added an athletic big type/shot blocker / lob threat.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I think THT can start instead of DS. I would trade DS.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Powell and THT both pick #46 second round.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: