OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:01 am    Post subject:

if KCP got 13/year then Caruso is worth atleast 9.5
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject:

I mean the market value will dictate what he gets, and since a lot of teams will have salary cap space, someone might offer him more than half the MLE. Lets say Dallas decides they want to pair AC with Luke, and Cuban is willing to put up the $9.4 million to Caruso.

If we win back to back, and AC is again an integral part of us winning, maybe we think about it, I'd say 10% chance we match. But if AC pretty much flatlines like he has so far, then I'd say we spend our money in other places. THT is younger and I think if we are going to spend more money, we will gamble on THT being able to improve to a greater extent than AC has shown so far.

AC's real value is when Lebron, Davis, and a third player are playing lights out (last playoffs it was KCP), then all of his little things AC brings helps cement wins. But AD hurt, KCP streaky, and not as good as last year center play expose AC, as we need him to give us 10-15 ppg right now, and he is just not that type of offensive player.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

He’s a Humble GOAT

Per Ryan

Alex Caruso on turning down the Slam Dunk Contest: "I don't think I'm quite on that level of dunk contest material. ... I think I made the right choice."

https://twitter.com/ryanwardla/status/1370165281310572547?s=21

Alex Caruso says he can't kiss the rim, but he can get close.

https://twitter.com/ryanwardla/status/1370165431512752129?s=21

(TDR NOTE: if you did not watch the dunk contest the guy who won simulated kissing the rim for his last dunk.)

Per Faigen

Alex Caruso, on not participating in the dunk contest.

“Sorry to disappoint any fans."

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1370165363619467264?s=21
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

RETURN OF THE GOAT!

We aren't talking too much lately about AC.
Maybe it's time for him to step it up also in the offensive end this time. The last time he was aggressive was whem Brob was shutdown for the rest of the season in 2019. Well guess what lebron needs a long rest. Hoping he will unleashed again this AC

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Jesus, please learn to do something on offense at an NBA level. Passing, shooting, ft shooting, something. He’s basically god awful on offense when he’s expected to do anything besides play off of Lebron. Love him as a role player off of LBJ, but god is he terrible to watch on offense when Bron is out.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject:

If any team sees how AC is doing without Lebron and AD, they would be crazy to offer him 10 mil. He is one dimensional-good smart defense. In today’s NBA, if you can make 3s and at least do something offensively, you are not getting a big contract. AC is a great team player, but let’s be honest, he is not that Bruce Bowen, Tony Allen type of all NBA defender.
I don’t think the lakers will overpay
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:08 am    Post subject:

Yeah, he's absolutely tanking his value considering how crazy people were talking about him at the beginning of the season.

It's insane how it looked like he was improving as a passer to be at least competent but some of his even routine level passes have been flat out awful lately. He's also become Deker Fisher esque when going to the basket. I have a friend who made it a drinking game anytime him or KCP go to the basket and miss the layup. Every game lately i'm thinking they're feeling it by only halftime

I would love to see him remain a Laker for a long time but he's def. proven he's not worth getting close to that double digit millions level many were predicting earlier in the season. I think contending teams would be looking more towards the tax paying MLE of $6 million range at best (he's kind of worthless for any team that's not contending imo) if he rebounds back to form once Lebron and AD are back for the Playoff push.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:59 am    Post subject:

Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages

Caruso - 21mins 6ppg 5rebs 3asts 1stl 36/50/60
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

I feel like Caruso is just a joke meme player, and then people forgot that him being good was just a joke. He’s a scrub who can play defense.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

AC is a finishing salt.

IF you have a damn good steak, add some AC on that and it's a masterpiece.

No one eats finishing salts without a steak, fish, poultry. His weaknesses as a non accessory piece to LBJ/AD is showing. But we knew this.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AC is a finishing salt.

No one eats finishing salts without a steak, fish, poultry. His weaknesses as a non accessory piece to LBJ/AD is showing. But we knew this.

Had they not gotten hurt I think he gets Della money this summer. He’s tanked some of his LeBron generated value
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AC is a finishing salt.

Had they not gotten hurt I think he gets Della money this summer. He’s tanked some of his LeBron generated value

Yeah. He's a better version of Delly. But he can't be relied to run a team, score, or be a consistent perimeter threat.

But off of superstars, he's an elite defensive role player for sure.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Caruso shooting sucked tonight but it didn't prevent him from playing at an elite defensive level. The guy is fun to watch because of his defensive acumen and tenacity.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I'd love to have Caruso back for $4-5 million. But if he wants or the market dictates $9 million, I'm letting him go or trying to do a sign and trade if that is feasible under the CBA.

If I have to pay an elevated price for THT (which I hold my nose about, he can't shoot as of yet, and a guard should be able to shoot), then so be it. Chances are he will develop a decent shot. Caruso is a lot closer to being a finished product. Great 10-14 guy on your team, good with the stars, left to his own, he is not going to carry us like other players can, when a star is down.

Best case scenario, thin market for AC, he decides to stay here 3 years $15 million total contract.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Alex had me screaming at my TV for Vogel to get him out of the game tonight. Just not a threat on offense at all. Can’t wait for Lebron and AD to get back so AC can go back to being the energy guy on defense where he’s a god. Maybe Drummond will draw enough attention to free AC up a little, too.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

He actually looked really good in the first half and made a few very nice passes which was great to see while also knocking down a 3. Second half was back to looking super rough though especially mid way through the 3rd, he had 3-4 bad plays in a row that was the primary reason we lost a 5 point lead imo.

I can live with games like tonight a bit more then the last few but there's no doubt he misses Lebron and is probably sprinting to his house post game to help him out with his ankle anyway he can because his payday is currently freefalling.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

This version of Caruso is not really even earning his $3 million salary.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
This version of Caruso is not really even earning his $3 million salary.

You’re right - he should be making much more. Plenty of rookies getting paid more for doing far less.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:14 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if KCP got 13/year then Caruso is worth atleast 9.5

If Caruso worth @ least 9.5 then the Menace is worth 25
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject:

Who’s his comp? Kids came back to earth without Bron?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject:

AC is not a type of player that excels on his own. No dribble drive ability. Shooting is inconsistent.

He's a great role player off of great players. He's a finishing salt on your steak, not the steak.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AC is not a type of player that excels on his own. No dribble drive ability. Shooting is inconsistent.

He's a great role player off of great players. He's a finishing salt on your steak, not the steak.

Yeah I feel the going is tough without Bron next to him, especially considering he's been a bit in and out of the rotation due to injury

That said, I think he's replaceable. I wouldn't go paying him 9mil in FA at this point in time
#18 next...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah I feel the going is tough without Bron next to him, especially considering he's been a bit in and out of the rotation due to injury

That said, I think he's replaceable. I wouldn't go paying him 9mil in FA at this point in time

I'm not sure any team will pay that much for him to be honest. I think he's a niche guy around LBJ. Only team that may pay that much may be Dallas, and that's all it takes. But he's not a starting caliber "PG" to me. But one of the best role players for sure. I'd love to keep him but at a reasonable price.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You're absolutely right. And I love AC to death.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

This is actually well stated.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 116 of 132
Jump to: