OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
They have a point in the laker film room podcast—this dude is tired. We dont need to trade him, because we know what he’ll give us once he’s rested and focused. We just need someone who will give him a breather.

Yeah in his time with us he’s barely missed games.

We also barely practiced or had a shootaround this year.

I’m okay trading him but I’m confident he’ll be fine in the playoffs.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
They have a point in the laker film room podcast—this dude is tired. We dont need to trade him, because we know what he’ll give us once he’s rested and focused. We just need someone who will give him a breather.

Yeah in his time with us he’s barely missed games.

We also barely practiced or had a shootaround this year.

I’m okay trading him but I’m confident he’ll be fine in the playoffs.

Problem with trading him is that we already lack shooters as it is. Im only ok trading him if we are getting another shooter in return and we will sign another one during buyout season
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject:

Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages

KCP - 28mins 10ppg 2rebs 2asts 38/42/100
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:19 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Life without Lebron and AD. Here’s the numbers for the games since Atlanta where he got hurt. The averages

KCP - 28mins 10ppg 2rebs 2asts 38/42/100

Keep dropping threes at 40%, run fast break and play def then we good, he’s our sniper
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

KCP needs to step up. Saying he’s shooting 40% from three despite his slump isn’t a good thing at this point. He had an aberrant start to the season, and he’s basically stopped shooting during his slump. We need more from him. I’d prefer him to go 1-9 from three like Kuzma than shoot 0-4 from anywhere for the entire game.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
KCP needs to step up. Saying he’s shooting 40% from three despite his slump isn’t a good thing at this point. He had an aberrant start to the season, and he’s basically stopped shooting during his slump. We need more from him. I’d prefer him to go 1-9 from three like Kuzma than shoot 0-4 from anywhere for the entire game.

TBF you just described the majority of the 3 point role players in the NBA.. They have hot and cold streaks. I don't think he's ever going to consistently have that same confidence that Kuz does even when he's not shooting well.. That's historically not KCP at all and I doubt much is going to change at this point in his career.

I get it, KCP has def. been underwhelming the last few months as his confidence looks shaken severely but the same thing happened last season and other seasons in his career as well. Just have to hope for a good tiing bounce back like last season. Nobody else on the roster is filling his spot that's for sure. It's too bad the whole team is either shooting solid as a whole or they just all seem to become awful 3 point shooters in the same games/cold stretches. When that happens it just magnifies it all.

As long as he keeps playing tough defense for the most part and keeps the average close to 40% i'll be happy.

I'd absolutely be looking at what returns I could get for different trade packages in the off season for sure though considering we're going to likely lose multiple guys regardless in free agency.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

TBF you just described the majority of the 3 point role players in the NBA.. They have hot and cold streaks. I don't think he's ever going to consistently have that same confidence that Kuz does even when he's not shooting well.. That's historically not KCP at all and I doubt much is going to change at this point in his career.

I get it, KCP has def. been underwhelming the last few months as his confidence looks shaken severely but the same thing happened last season and other seasons in his career as well. Just have to hope for a good tiing bounce back like last season. Nobody else on the roster is filling his spot that's for sure. It's too bad the whole team is either shooting solid as a whole or they just all seem to become awful 3 point shooters in the same games/cold stretches. When that happens it just magnifies it all.

As long as he keeps playing tough defense for the most part and keeps the average close to 40% i'll be happy.

I'd absolutely be looking at what returns I could get for different trade packages in the off season for sure though considering we're going to likely lose multiple guys regardless in free agency.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Any chance we can get a late #1 pick for him?
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I am not trading KCP for anyone. He is my starting guard.

He has proven to keep up with every single allstar guard. Lillard, Harden, Westbrook, Murray....His shot will be back. It is funny LeBron and AD get a break but this man has been ironman for us. He goes 110% every game...is okay if he struggles during the season sometimes specially without the bigs taking the preassure off him.

Imagine you are used to taking wide open shots off lebron kicks then you gotta deal with kuzma, morris, caruso, etc creating for you
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
I am not trading KCP for anyone. He is my starting guard.

He has proven to keep up with every single allstar guard. Lillard, Harden, Westbrook, Murray....His shot will be back. It is funny LeBron and AD get a break but this man has been ironman for us. He goes 110% every game...is okay if he struggles during the season sometimes specially without the bigs taking the preassure off him.

Imagine you are used to taking wide open shots off lebron kicks then you gotta deal with kuzma, morris, caruso, etc creating for you

So you’re acknowledging that he’s pretty useless without Bron and AD. Guys have to create shots for a guy making $13 million a year.....hard pass....trade him in the off season for a late #1, which I don’t think is possible. Probably have to settle for multiple #2 picks.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
hype wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Any chance we can get a late #1 pick for him?

As of right now I don't think any team would especially while helping the Lakers out knowing it would give Rob a lot more $$$ for this upcoming off season and all our soon to be free agents.

I will say though, if he ends up having a second consecutive solid/great Playoff run then suddenly people will start wondering if he has some of that Playoff Rondo in him considering he'd be a big contributor on back2back title runs. If that happens The Lakers will likely be a bit more hesitant to get rid of him though but if a team offered a late first that would be hard to turn down.

My biggest problem with KCP is the eye test since he clearly is not only missing shots badly in many games lately but it's almost purely a confidence thing. Once he makes a shot or two, he's a completely different player which is really frustrating since you look at a guy like Kuzma making similar money and he is usually at least still giving you quality minutes doing other things on bad shooting nights like excellent defense, playmaking, rebounding etc.

That's my take on him at least. He's a strange one since you look at the stats and overall he's having a pretty solid year from 3 while playing solid defense like I said above. I just wish his entire confidence was not clearly shaken so easily because shooting slumps happen to everyone.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

As KCP goes, goes the Lakers
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

KCP played with a lot of energy & confidence tonight. His 4-4 from deep got him going in the 1st half.
He finished with a double-double (13 points, 10 rebounds); he also added 3 assists and solid defense.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
KCP played with a lot of energy & confidence tonight. His 4-4 from deep got him going in the 1st half.
He finished with a double-double (13 points, 10 rebounds); he also added 3 assists and solid defense.

Just need to look for his shot more often to get him going.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

He cooled off considerably after a good first half, but at least he shot the ball and contributed instead of just disappearing while he was on the floor. Decent game today. He can do better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Per Lakers announcer: Lakers are 25-6 since the 2019-2020 season when KCP scores 12+
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Per Lakers announcer: Lakers are 25-6 since the 2019-2020 season when KCP scores 12+

He’s only score over 12 pts 31 times in 3 seasons? WHAT!
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Season and 1/2.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nice. Usually a sign that his three ball is falling. If LA can shoot the three at a 35% clip we cannot be beat when healthy. No chance.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He’s only score over 12 pts 31 times in 3 seasons? WHAT!

Did you know that this is only the fifth time this year KCP has taken double digit shots in a game?

It’s the 12th time he’s taken at least 8 ... Why is 8 a good number? KCP took 9 shots a night in the playoffs and almost 6 of them were 3s. I have no problem when he calls his number, but sometimes he’s too unselfish. He’s prone to take 3-4 shots a game but in reality it’s THT and Caruso who need to be taking that few of shots while he gets double digits to the guys come back. He’s a career double digit scorer in the season and playoffs, he can’t forget that
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:28 am    Post subject:

People keep overlooking KCP has not been given time off. That’s still the guy who chased Dame, Harden, Murray, and Herro primarily in every series and got his body bounced off pick after pick all while making the most 3s of any laker in a playoff run in history besides Kobe. A week off for Pope could be great for his body.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Starting to get his Mojo back the last couple games
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Starting to get his Mojo back the last couple games
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Keep it up KCP
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Shooting 54.5% from 3s last 5 games

18/33 total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 177 of 182
Jump to: