LAKERS -at- RAPTORS – 4-6-21 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: LAKERS -at- RAPTORS – 4-6-21 - DIY Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Got caught up in meetings and forgot to record the game in time. Post your thoughts here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers still winning things in Florida. That is all.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I feel terrible for DB. One of the few really good games we’ve had since Lebron went down, and he missed it after enduring games like the ones on Sunday. Times like these I wish CachookaMan still had his channel going with Lakers only highlights.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I missed the game, hope someone posts comments.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers take the W, putting away Toronto early in this one, 110-101.

Game was nowhere that close. Early on the Lakers got out and started scoring at a high pace. At the end of 1 were up 40-28. They extended that lead even further at the half, at one point in the second quarter being up by 30+.

The 3 ball was key. Somewhat similar to t he Bucks game, the Lakers 3 ball fell at a high rate in the first quarter - 9 of them. They would end up 18-40 on the night, a nice and cool 45%.

No one scored 20 for the team, but 7 guys had 10+ points (AC, DS, Kieff, THT, Gasol, KCP...and Cacock!). You may be wondering how on earth Cacock got that much, will get into that in a bit.

Game ball goes to...drum roll...Marc Gasol. Timely scores, and frankly some really, really nice D. He may be pissed at the Dre signing but it sure as heck has ignited a fire in him. He was really active on both ends. Ended with 13 points, 9 boards, 5 assists and 4 blocks. Did a terrific job defensively. DS almost had 10 assists (9) and was really active in getting others involved. Shout out to THT who had a really nice game, showing off to the team who wanted to trade for him (TOR) why they would want him - 17 points and 6 assists, many times confounding TOR with his drives and dishes.

Kuz...most meh in the game. 3-13 in 30+ minutes. They will need him to bring it to win on this road trip.

Note, do not get too excited - Raps did not have Lowry or Vanvleet play Also, Lakers still turnover the ball way damn too much - 21 tonight.

Game had a bit of kerfuffle in the first quarter. While the Lakers were starting to pull away, Toronto's Og Anunoby went for an open drive to the hoop but DS hugged him to foul and then held him to prevent Og from hitting the floor. As that was happening, Og took exception and grabbed an off-balance DS and proceeded to pick him up and toss him to the floor. As this occurred, DS got back and moved towards Og,. and Gary Trent rushed in pushing DS away fairly aggressively (rather than keeping his teammate away from DS). As that happened Trez came in and pushed Trent away from pushing DS.

Well, you know Trez's luck with refs. They tossed Og for the obvious WWF move, then proceeded to toss Trez for...pushing away the guy pushing DS. Shrug. Very strange call, only thing I could figure out is refs designated Trent as attempting to "create peace". Trent shoulda been tossed as well IMO in that situation if Trez was.

But that opened the door for Cacock to play who summoned his inner Trez with 10 points, 8 boards, in 17 minutes.

Just a solid win for the team. A mostly relaxing game to watch for once. Hopefully they keep up the 3 shooting vs Miami, just need to keep the turnovers much lower.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Harrell came running into the scrum and shoved Trent. The optics were bad. I'm not surprised that Harrell got tossed. The refs are going to target a guy who goes running into the scrum. That doesn't mean that the call was necessarily correct, but it was predictable.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Dr.Dent!
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Thanks, Dr.Dent!

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Harrell came running into the scrum and shoved Trent. The optics were bad. I'm not surprised that Harrell got tossed. The refs are going to target a guy who goes running into the scrum. That doesn't mean that the call was necessarily correct, but it was predictable.

Well, even with my Lakers goggles on, this was a fair call by the refs. Anunoby and Harrell were overly aggressive, Trent got caught in between at first and turned the heat on after Harrell pushed him. Maybe he deserved a T as well, but as for Anunoby and Harrell, no questions. Easy call.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject:

It was an entertaining game. The team was clicking on offense (finally) and the Raptors' scrubs couldn't do a thing to stop us.

Great game by Gasol and Morris.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
It was an entertaining game. The team was clicking on offense (finally) and the Raptors' scrubs couldn't do a thing to stop us.

If there was a draft with only the players who played I have to believe siakim would be 1st pick
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

If there was a draft with only the players who played I have to believe siakim would be 1st pick

I think it'd be between Siakam, Marc Gasol and THT....

Great game, good to see a W!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
danzag wrote:

Considering their entire careers I'd probably pick Marc
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:33 am    Post subject:

My "pleasantly surprised" award goes to KCP. He has been absolutely brutal offensively for a long time now, but had a really nice game last night: 13 points on 4/5 shooting, and made both of his trey attempts. He even added three dimes, which was icing on the cake.

Besides team health, more consistent offensive consistency from him is the main improvement I hope for going into the post season for our Lakers squad.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Finally recorded the game and will watch the first half tonight. Curious how much space/time we had to shoot with how well they did.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: