Who do you want to face in the first round of the playoffs?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you want to face in the first round of the playoffs?
Utah Jazz
21%
 21%  [ 5 ]
Phoenix Suns
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
LA Clippers
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Denver Nuggets
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Who do you want to face in the first round of the playoffs?

Since we aren’t getting a top three seed, we are probably going to play one of these four teams. What is your desired matchup and how do you rank the rest?

1) Phoenix
2) Denver
3) Utah
4) Clippers

Phoenix does not seem like the real deal to me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

From worst to best:

Clippers ( the worst)
Utah
Denver
Suns ( the best)
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I want to put the Clippers to bed so bad...
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject:

I think the Suns or Jazz would be a great first round warm up since i'm sure we'll still be gelling going into the Playoffs. Even as the 1,2 seeds they simply are great matchups for us compared to the others especially.

If healthy I believe 100% we can beat any WC team but i'd prefer to play the Clips or Nuggets later in the Playoffs or even better yet let them play each other and knock one out that way like last season.

Outside of winning a Championship of course nothing would be better then to watch the Clippers make franchise history by getting to the WCF for the first time in there illustrious history only to get immediately punked back to reality by big bro.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:09 am    Post subject:

Don't underestimate Phoenix. They're a really good defensive team and they slow down the pace, which could cause problems for us. Plus we'd have to face CP3 for an entire series.

I think I'd rather face Denver in the first round. No one on that team seems to have the resourcefulness, experience and annoying qualities of CP3. Plus, if we finish 4th or 5th we can avoid the Clippers until the WCF.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:38 am    Post subject:

Don't care, they should fear us when we have both LeBron and AD playing.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:31 am    Post subject:

I don't like Phoenix in the first round. Chris Paul might not yet be injured then and he seems to have winning influence on teams.

If the Lakers are healthy and motivated they can beat any team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

I'd love to send the Clippers home.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject:

anyone.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:58 am    Post subject:

Don't underestimate the Suns. I would rather Utah... sounds crazy I know!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject:

“If healthy and motivated”?

Lakers have to get there first. Then learn how to play together in pressure situations again. Every delay in getting the players back slows down the forming of the chemistry it takes to play at a playoff level. Being healthy is only one part of this issue.

First off, Lakers need to be healthy and motivated enough to avoid the 7th seed and play in games. Going to be tough to not slide too far over the next couple weeks. Then it becomes a numbers game if they can go on a winning streak to regain position in the standings.

Playoffs will be amazing. Multiple good teams all capable of getting hot from 3pt range and beating the Lakers or each other. At least 6 deep with a chance a playin team can go on a run. “Upsets” will not surprise me.

Looking at the standings today, I could easily see the Lakers as the 6th seed. Which puts them rd 1 against Clippers or Nuggets. Both tough series, especially if the Lakers are anything less then “ fully healthy and motivated” and playing their best ball of the year.

As for the Clips, don’t care if it is the Lakers or someone else. I just want to see another humiliating first round exit for Balmer and the organization to stew over in the summer. Yeah, I’m just that petty!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject:

Preventing the Clippers from making round 2 would be hilarious. I'm more afraid of the Nuggets than Clippers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Don't underestimate the Suns. I would rather Utah... sounds crazy I know!

Same. The Suns have more of the proper mix and they have the wing play to give the Lakers some problems.

Utah is not athletic enough and AD is the worst matchup for Gobert as he can take him outside the paint and go to work.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

Doesn't matter.

We're the defending NBA champions. With Drummond, AD and Lebron, we will have the most formidable front court in the NBA playoffs. With Harrell/Gasol, we will have a tough and versatile 2nd unit capable of doing good work in the key. No one in the west should be able to stop us in the middle, and it's offensive work down low, as well as tough defense, that wins rings. Not constant 3 point shooting. Rob Pelinka's pickup of Drummond is not getting enough credit. Not only do we now have the most powerful defensive front court in the NBA (west or east), with a fire lit under Marc Gasol's ass, and Harrell being Harrell, we have the strongest 2nd unit at the center position in the NBA.

How about outside shooting. Well, Western Conf contenders are all 3 point dependent. Problem is, most playoff teams (exception the Splash Bros Warriors) cannot sustain effective 3 point shooting for a 7 game series, particularly as defenses are schemed to neutralize outside shooting, and the stress of the playoffs in general wears shooters down. This is where the Lakers will benefit. While the Clippers/Utah will win some game on their 3 point storm shooting, as the series wears on, those shots, by data, will not be falling at high rates. Utah tends to make mistakes during critical times, so I don't see them outplaying my Lakers in a 7 game series. The Clippers are vulnerable in the key, Phoenix doesn't have enough to deal with Lebron and AD for a 7 game series, same thing for Portland. Denver will be tough, but they were tough last season, too, and we beat them handily.

All this talk of playoffs seeding is ass-backwards. It's not about who WE have to play, but who has to play US. We will have a rested AD, Lebron, and a motivated Drummond. DS wants to play for big money next season. Harrell wants to prove his move from the Clippers wasn't in vain. Kuzma is in a resurgency. And we have a boatload of role players with playoffs/finals experience, most of whom can hit the 3 point shot when necessary.

The Nets will be another story, but in my mind, nobody in the West wants to see the Lakers first round.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Doesn't matter.

We're the defending NBA champions. With Drummond, AD and Lebron, we will have the most formidable front court in the NBA playoffs. With Harrell/Gasol, we will have a tough and versatile 2nd unit capable of doing good work in the key. No one in the west should be able to stop us in the middle, and it's offensive work down low, as well as tough defense, that wins rings. Not constant 3 point shooting. Rob Pelinka's pickup of Drummond is not getting enough credit. Not only do we now have the most powerful defensive front court in the NBA (west or east), with a fire lit under Marc Gasol's ass, and Harrell being Harrell, we have the strongest 2nd unit at the center position in the NBA.

How about outside shooting. Well, Western Conf contenders are all 3 point dependent. Problem is, most playoff teams (exception the Splash Bros Warriors) cannot sustain effective 3 point shooting for a 7 game series, particularly as defenses are schemed to neutralize outside shooting, and the stress of the playoffs in general wears shooters down. This is where the Lakers will benefit. While the Clippers/Utah will win some game on their 3 point storm shooting, as the series wears on, those shots, by data, will not be falling at high rates. Utah tends to make mistakes during critical times, so I don't see them outplaying my Lakers in a 7 game series. The Clippers are vulnerable in the key, Phoenix doesn't have enough to deal with Lebron and AD for a 7 game series, same thing for Portland. Denver will be tough, but they were tough last season, too, and we beat them handily.

All this talk of playoffs seeding is ass-backwards. It's not about who WE have to play, but who has to play US. We will have a rested AD, Lebron, and a motivated Drummond. DS wants to play for big money next season. Harrell wants to prove his move from the Clippers wasn't in vain. Kuzma is in a resurgency. And we have a boatload of role players with playoffs/finals experience, most of whom can hit the 3 point shot when necessary.

The Nets will be another story, but in my mind, nobody in the West wants to see the Lakers first round.

I agree. I'm not afraid of any Western team.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

Definitely the Suns. They are inexperience save for CP3 who’s prone for another injury. If everyone is healthy, we can beat them on our 2nd gear. And that’s how I prefer first round matchup. It’s hard to go full gear on first round like let’s say against the Clips. Those tough matchup usually takes its toll even if we survive it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Clippers
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: