Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:19 am    Post subject:

Really not sure why Trez and Jones didn’t play more today. Trez had some defensive issues, but we didn’t really try to get him matched up against Saric to exploit him inside either. Jones looked at least serviceable in the few minutes he did get. And yet Wes Matthew’s gets 26 minutes? Inexplicable. I’d play the corpse of Marc Gasol at the 2 or 3 spot over Matthew’s at this point, he’s been that (bleep) bad. Should have taken Wes out and put in Trez or Jones to get at least a paint threat on the floor instead of the turnover threat that Wes is at this point. KCP has at least earned the benefit of the doubt with his playoff performance for Vogel last season, Wes has just been pure (bleep) for almost the entire season so far.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

Really lucked out with this dude.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:13 am    Post subject:

Never understood the lack of faith in Vogel. He literally proved during the playoffs he knows how to make the right adjustments

This team will click come playoff time. AD will start at the five, Gasol will play limited minutes... all will be good in Laker land
#18 next...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

The thing that has really hurt Vogel this year (and every coach) is the practice time (lack of) and schedules, training camps.

He (and every coaching staff) has had to play catch up, all season. And we brought in so many new guys, the lack of practice hurt even more.

I am hoping that the AD time out with injury allows Vogel to develop his 2nd unit which should be our 4th biggest strength (AD, Bron, Defense is our 3rd star being the other 3 strengths) having guys like Dennis, Trez, Kuz (sometimes THT as well) all part of that mix. Very few teams in the NBA have the 2nd unit we can roll out there with Dennis-Kuz-Trez or Bron-Kuz-Trez as our big 3 of the 2nd unit. Then having a 4th threat like a THT or Caruso. Our bench needs to really develop, and coaching staff can help here more than any other area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

71 day offseason.
AD has missed nearly 1/2 of our games.
Caruso has missed nearly 1/4 of our games.
KCP disappeared for a month.
Wes Matthews is stealing money.
Our starting C is averaging 4.8/4.

The Lakers are #1 in Defensive rating, have the 2nd best record in the NBA and have the best road record.

Frank is coaching his ass off.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
71 day offseason.

The Lakers are #1 in Defensive rating, have the 2nd best record in the NBA and have the best road record.

I agree, there has been significant progress in integrating Trezz and DS and both the bench and the offense are doing much better. This is the second consecutive season where I've had the sense that Frank really knows how to "pace" the team through a long season.
(Now hoping that he finds a way to re-integrate AD, rest LBJ for a couple of and get Wes/KCP humming by season end ...).
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
71 day offseason.

I agree, there has been significant progress in integrating Trezz and DS and both the bench and the offense are doing much better. This is the second consecutive season where I've had the sense that Frank really knows how to "pace" the team through a long season.
(Now hoping that he finds a way to re-integrate AD, rest LBJ for a couple of and get Wes/KCP humming by season end ...).

Ditto. He seems to have a method to his madness that works.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

He and his staff deserve more credit for actually teaching defense, creating a team and work ethic.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

These scoring droughts are pissing me off, I know clanking open 3s aren't the coaches fault but maybe more cuts for Kuz/AC with Gasol at the top, Trez one on one in paint is ok, DS/THT drives are walled cause we can't knock down shots, need more offensive plays
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:40 am    Post subject:

No Laker coach outside of Phil Jackson has ever shown me that they can create good team offense without a PG-floor general. Last year Vogel had Bron and Rondo to rely heavily on. They created a lot of stuff, and saw things, pushed the ball. In a way we are not getting this year. One, Bron has not been the same PG mode, he does not even start at PG anymore like last year. Second, we do not have Rondo.

Right now we are like a lottery team with some talented parts, but talented parts that do not fit or need the engines. The engines are Bron and AD. Once they come back, everyone looks different.

Still, I agree the staff deserves some criticism for the offense this year. It has been pretty weak in development. I wish Frank would try to change the lineups around, but he has been reluctant. In the playoffs he made a lot of lineup adjustments. Perhaps it will come then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Best defensive coach in the league
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers defensive rating this season

Before LeBron & AD injury: 106.8
After LeBron & AD injury: 105.2

They still have the league’s best defense even without their 2 best defensive players.

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1381080371748429831
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

10 more years! 10 more years!
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
No Laker coach outside of Phil Jackson has ever shown me that they can create good team offense without a PG-floor general. Last year Vogel had Bron and Rondo to rely heavily on. They created a lot of stuff, and saw things, pushed the ball. In a way we are not getting this year. One, Bron has not been the same PG mode, he does not even start at PG anymore like last year. Second, we do not have Rondo.

Right now we are like a lottery team with some talented parts, but talented parts that do not fit or need the engines. The engines are Bron and AD. Once they come back, everyone looks different.

Still, I agree the staff deserves some criticism for the offense this year. It has been pretty weak in development. I wish Frank would try to change the lineups around, but he has been reluctant. In the playoffs he made a lot of lineup adjustments. Perhaps it will come then.

I wonder how restrictions (either NBA imposed or team imposed) on how the team practices in conjunction with the new pieces we have is a big contributor to how the offense looks.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

Its not a coincidence that our offense has looked better as Lebron/AD have been out longer.

You tell players to play one way and then all of a sudden, you have to invent an entirely new offense on the fly to adjust to a completely different roster. That is almost an impossible task to do normally in mid-season, no less when you don't even get practice time because of the shortened schedule. That Frank has been able to do it even this well is a huge credit to him, then you add where we've been defensively.

Vogel has done an AMAZING job while he has been here.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Its not a coincidence that our offense has looked better as Lebron/AD have been out longer.

You tell players to play one way and then all of a sudden, you have to invent an entirely new offense on the fly to adjust to a completely different roster. That is almost an impossible task to do normally in mid-season, no less when you don't even get practice time because of the shortened schedule. That Frank has been able to do it even this well is a huge credit to him, then you add where we've been defensively.

Vogel has done an AMAZING job while he has been here.

I agree
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. We're now getting to the end of the 2nd season of his 3-year contract.
Let's work on that extension Like Jackson and Riley, Vogel should be here at least for a decade or so.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Phil ran the triangle right which doesn't require a primary ball handler. Kobe was a phenomenal play maker. Pippen was the OG Point Forward. Let's not rewrite history here.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Phil ran the triangle right which doesn't require a primary ball handler. Kobe was a phenomenal play maker. Pippen was the OG Point Forward. Let's not rewrite history here.

I think you both are saying the same thing
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

D’Antoni?

blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject:

He deserves a lots of credit. He managed to stay calm and with the plan after both of his starts get injured. Without AD and Bron we are at 6-7. Tell me the other team that could manage this without two main starts ( not counting Nets, they have tree all stars player). Great work by Vogel and his staff. I really hope that front office will start soon to talk with him about the contract. He deserves it. 4 year contract would be nice. After changing so many coaches after Phil left to have someone long term is breath of fresh air.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

coaching staff is doing great with THT, Caruso and we are the #2 defensive team without ad/bron
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Trez has his head up Frank’s ass.

Or is it the other way around?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Trez has his head up Frank’s ass.

Or is it the other way around?

Klutch Angeles. Comes with the territory...no way would a defensive minded coach like Frank play Harrell if he wasn’t Klutch.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers are planning to begin extension discussions on Frank Vogel’s contract as the off-season approaches.

Per Woj.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 123, 124, 125 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 124 of 224
Jump to: