Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
He's trying to adjust to his new role. I have no doubt he'll turn it around. Right now this is unfamiliar territory for him since he has to compete with 2 other Cs for playing time. Maybe this is a wake up call for Trez to work on other aspects of his game so this doesn't happen to him on this team or the new team he chooses in the offseason.

He's not competing with the playing time, he still got his.

He played 15 minutes today bro. He use to play 25-30 minutes.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

You can see him just standing in the defense and not doing much. There where times when he is close enough to help his teammates defending but he is just watching. He is not even raising his hand when someone is near him.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
leking006 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
He's trying to adjust to his new role. I have no doubt he'll turn it around. Right now this is unfamiliar territory for him since he has to compete with 2 other Cs for playing time. Maybe this is a wake up call for Trez to work on other aspects of his game so this doesn't happen to him on this team or the new team he chooses in the offseason.

He's not competing with the playing time, he still got his.

He played 15 minutes today bro. He use to play 25-30 minutes.

Because he played like trash today, no choice for Vogel but to cut his minutes in the 4th. He still averaging around 22-25 minutes before this game, except the Raptors where he is thrown out. He still got his minutes but today looks like Vogel has seen enough in the 4th and tried to bring Gasol in, that hit his usual minutes.

Last edited by leking006 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Harrell is a real competitor, I have no doubt he will start playing with a chip on his shoulder.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harrell is a real competitor, I have no doubt he will start playing with a chip on his shoulder.

Yeah. like what he did with the Flips against denver. Don't bank on it, you will just get frustrated.

He is not someone who suddenly became monster during playoffs even with a bad regular season.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Unplayable today. Just horrible. Had zero interest in any kind of defense and defense as lazy as (bleep) on second efforts. Wake the (bleep) up man.

I mentioned it in the Knicks game thread, he’s lost interest ever since the Lakers got Drummond his body language has been poor and he just isn’t putting in the work, it could be a case of taking a back seat cause he knows Drummond can gobble up rebounds and get the junkyard points.

They should just let him take some time off. looks like he's not into playing basketball right now. He is lazy in his offense like how he is lazy in defense.

Yeah something is up with Montrezl Harrell.. I hope he isn’t having issues with the spot light now on Drummond, before we got Drummond he was basically 1 of our best players.

It looks like it though.

One sub par game. This wasn’t Vogel’s best performance

He's been like that on defense for many games now.

Except for previous game
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Unplayable today. Just horrible. Had zero interest in any kind of defense and defense as lazy as (bleep) on second efforts. Wake the (bleep) up man.

I mentioned it in the Knicks game thread, he’s lost interest ever since the Lakers got Drummond his body language has been poor and he just isn’t putting in the work, it could be a case of taking a back seat cause he knows Drummond can gobble up rebounds and get the junkyard points.

They should just let him take some time off. looks like he's not into playing basketball right now. He is lazy in his offense like how he is lazy in defense.

Yeah something is up with Montrezl Harrell.. I hope he isn’t having issues with the spot light now on Drummond, before we got Drummond he was basically 1 of our best players.

It looks like it though.

Except for previous game

Nope, claxton has gotten many points on him. If you watch the game. Though he have some good defense on KD on that game, I will give him that, but his paint defense is 0.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It looks like it though.

Except for previous game

Nope, claxton has gotten many points on him. If you watch the game.

I did watch. He is a key component to the best defensive team in the league post ad injury
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah. like what he did with the Flips against denver. Don't bank on it, you will just get frustrated.

He is not someone who suddenly became monster during playoffs even with a bad regular season.

Off topic: but I find it interesting how it was mentioned that the Lakers have interest in a contract extension with Drummond but not a word on the Lakers and Harrell so far.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It looks like it though.

Except for previous game

Nope, claxton has gotten many points on him. If you watch the game.

I did watch. He is a key component to the best defensive team in the league post ad injury

LMFAO. If that is what you saw I guarantee you that every time Harrell is at that C spot, the oppponent will have a run or either take the lead. Watch tomorrow and you will know what I mean
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Is there a stat on how many paint points the opponents have every time harrell is in? because I am guessing it's more that 1/2 of total opponents paint points.

Last edited by leking006 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Off topic: but I find it interesting how it was mentioned that the Lakers have interest in a contract extension with Drummond but not a word on the Lakers and Harrell so far.

Maybe because he still have a player option? Or are they allow to give him a contract extension as early as today?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Worst game of the season by Montrez. I generally support him, but he seemed completely checked out tonight. Can't do that. He's a pro. He's got to be focused every game.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

A 4. Shouldn’t be playing 5.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
A 4. Shouldn’t be playing 5.

Getting destroyed again @ 5 just now
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Harell no defense compilation this past games with Gasol DNP

If this is a good strategy according to some here, then dont expect Lakers to repeat

Just standing and watching and not even helping on defense
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject:

I would have thought Harell will be our main scoring option when LBJ and AD are out but it seems like we are not actively finding him to score. On the other hand, his lack of size and poor decision on defense are being exposed. I think during playoff time, Gasol will get his minutes for his basketball IQ and it will be Harell doesn't see much playing time.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
https://youtu.be/W6-hFI6a0U0

Harell no defense compilation this past games with Gasol DNP

If this is a good strategy according to some here, then dont expect Lakers to repeat

Just standing and watching and not even helping on defense

you were so high on Trez, what has changed? you even called him elite defender
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Don’t like Montrezl Harrell’s body language these last few games he’s been meh ever since we got Drummond.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Don’t like Montrezl Harrell’s body language these last few games he’s been meh ever since we got Drummond.

He's not even trying, even his offense is anemic now.
Though he was good on both ends in 1st half earlier, he went back to his bad tendencies in the 2nd half.

Maybe they let him rest for awhile. Looks like he's not focus on playing bball as currently. Let Gasol do the backup C job.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think using DNP on him will help matters, something is bothering him that won’t make a difference even if we let him rest, it must be family related with her grandmother passing away.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t think using DNP on him will help matters, something is bothering him that won’t make a difference even if we let him rest, it must be family related with her grandmother passing away.

Montrezl Harrell
@MONSTATREZZ
·
Apr 13
It’s difficult when the person you turn to in the dark times aren’t here any more! Mental health!

>>> Looks like you are right... But up to when he will be like this? The team might suffer.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

This is one of the reasons why we will have a hard time repeating.

DS and Trez are Lakers that, in my mind, don't truly want to be here. These guys don't seem to have bought into the mindset we had when we had Dwight and others last season. I don't think DS and Trez are invested, mentally, in being Lakers. And that will come back and hurt us when it counts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

Trezz took what was perceived to be a big paycut to join the Lakers.

Dennis was traded here, and the Lakers felt confident enough in him to offer a max extension (but he wants to squeeze more $ out in FA).

I think we are reading way too much into whether they "want to be here or not."
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Trezz took what was perceived to be a big paycut to join the Lakers.

Dennis was traded here, and the Lakers felt confident enough in him to offer a max extension (but he wants to squeeze more $ out in FA).

I think we are reading way too much into whether they "want to be here or not."

what other offers did he have?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 51 of 66
Jump to: