The Big Problem with Lakers' Hopes to Retain Andre Drummond

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 25336

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: The Big Problem with Lakers' Hopes to Retain Andre Drummond

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport The Big Problem with Lakers' Hopes to Retain Andre Drummond - LAL can keep AD2, if he's willing to sacrifice financially, but it's not a question of will they pay him "more" but can they? How do Schroder, THT, Caruso, KCP factor in? https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939429-the-big-problem-with-lakers-hopes-to-retain-andre-drummond

Cheers,

EP
_________________
LA Lakers Lead Writer at Bleacher Report & NBA Senior Writer at www.basketballinsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 1952

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

A few questions...

Was Deng's $5 million penalty factored into the scenarios for next season? I didn't see it mentioned in the assumptions section. Also, are the Lakers subject to the repeater tax, and if so, is that what was reflected in the scenarios?

Overall, I would accept scenario #2, and allow Caruso to move on despite really liking him on our squad. THT's ceiling is just too enticing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3622
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
A few questions...

Was Deng's $5 million penalty factored into the scenarios for next season? I didn't see it mentioned in the assumptions section. Also, are the Lakers subject to the repeater tax, and if so, is that what was reflected in the scenarios?

Overall, I would accept scenario #2, and allow Caruso to move on despite really liking him on our squad. THT's ceiling is just too enticing.


It sure would be painful to have to lose Caruso because of Deng's salary!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff


Joined: 15 Apr 2001
Posts: 25336

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, Deng is in the calculations - joe, lol, always
_________________
LA Lakers Lead Writer at Bleacher Report & NBA Senior Writer at www.basketballinsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1375

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:09 am    Post subject:

IMO if we go again with the Drummond route at $9.5 million, we let DS and Harrell walk, reisign AC and THT, and pay taxes to keep KCP if he balls out in the Playoffs again. With Lebron starting, THT runs the point for the second unit, and AC plays with Lebron. With AD healthy and AD2, Harrell is redundant. But, we have to see how AD and Drummund work together before we can make any moves. Kuz or KCP can also secure a spot next year with strong Playoff showings. This team has a LOT of incentives to do well in the Playoffs with long reaching implications in our future direction. In all these scenarios Kieff is gone too, but maybe you keep him over AC if he balls out in Playoffs again. Or pay DS if he kills it in the Playoffs and let Drummond walk because you have enough size with AD and may try to get McGee back or even Dwight or another cheap big looking for a ring rather than a payday. Or even Harrell. Lots of options.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jan 2003
Posts: 3932
Location: The official trout slapper of LG.net

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:30 am    Post subject:

From what I've seen of Drummond, I am happy to see him leave. He is not worth much money in today's NBA. Unless he rethinks his game ala Dwight Howard. His offense is just so ugly! His defense is meh. Don't see why we want to let so many good players walk just to keep this overpriced rebounding machine.
_________________
Don't make me give you a trout slap!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3587

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
From what I've seen of Drummond, I am happy to see him leave. He is not worth much money in today's NBA. Unless he rethinks his game ala Dwight Howard. His offense is just so ugly! His defense is meh. Don't see why we want to let so many good players walk just to keep this overpriced rebounding machine.


I'm laughing at that statement because, at times at least, it's true. For me, a kind of ugliness happens when he drives right into the player, has to dislodge the ball because they're so close, and not travel at the same time. In short, his footwork is not as fluid as say...the other AD...

But there's hope. He should master the short right & left hand half jumper/hook shot to augment his "power" move, if it can be called that. The short right & left jumper/hook would be great for his footwork because it'll keep him on the move instead of him trying to awkwardly power through guys at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31603
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
From what I've seen of Drummond, I am happy to see him leave. He is not worth much money in today's NBA. Unless he rethinks his game ala Dwight Howard. His offense is just so ugly! His defense is meh. Don't see why we want to let so many good players walk just to keep this overpriced rebounding machine.


I'm laughing at that statement because, at times at least, it's true. For me, a kind of ugliness happens when he drives right into the player, has to dislodge the ball because they're so close, and not travel at the same time. In short, his footwork is not as fluid as say...the other AD...

But there's hope. He should master the short right & left hand half jumper/hook shot to augment his "power" move, if it can be called that. The short right & left jumper/hook would be great for his footwork because it'll keep him on the move instead of him trying to awkwardly power through guys at times.


Rich man’s Kwame Brown?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3587

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
From what I've seen of Drummond, I am happy to see him leave. He is not worth much money in today's NBA. Unless he rethinks his game ala Dwight Howard. His offense is just so ugly! His defense is meh. Don't see why we want to let so many good players walk just to keep this overpriced rebounding machine.


I'm laughing at that statement because, at times at least, it's true. For me, a kind of ugliness happens when he drives right into the player, has to dislodge the ball because they're so close, and not travel at the same time. In short, his footwork is not as fluid as say...the other AD...

But there's hope. He should master the short right & left hand half jumper/hook shot to augment his "power" move, if it can be called that. The short right & left jumper/hook would be great for his footwork because it'll keep him on the move instead of him trying to awkwardly power through guys at times.


Rich man’s Kwame Brown?


There were similarities between the two when AD first arrive, like bobbling the initial post entry pass. The problem with Kwame was his bobbling would continue too often.

I haven't noticed that as much now w/Drummond. Hopefully, it's not an issue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30787

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Who cares? Let him leave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Jul 2002
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject:

On some plays he looks like he is channeling his inner Robert Sacre.

CandyCanes wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
From what I've seen of Drummond, I am happy to see him leave. He is not worth much money in today's NBA. Unless he rethinks his game ala Dwight Howard. His offense is just so ugly! His defense is meh. Don't see why we want to let so many good players walk just to keep this overpriced rebounding machine.


I'm laughing at that statement because, at times at least, it's true. For me, a kind of ugliness happens when he drives right into the player, has to dislodge the ball because they're so close, and not travel at the same time. In short, his footwork is not as fluid as say...the other AD...

But there's hope. He should master the short right & left hand half jumper/hook shot to augment his "power" move, if it can be called that. The short right & left jumper/hook would be great for his footwork because it'll keep him on the move instead of him trying to awkwardly power through guys at times.


Rich man’s Kwame Brown?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB