Team Godzilla or Team Kong?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

Good movie overall. Felt like a Godzilla movie, what more needs to be said? Heard that there's some drama between HBO Max and the studios for disagreeing about day one streaming. Contract is up too I believe, but I've heard Toho is happy with how the movies have been going so who knows what will happen. I think if the fan support is there Destroy All Monsters will be made.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Good movie overall. Felt like a Godzilla movie, what more needs to be said? Heard that there's some drama between HBO Max and the studios for disagreeing about day one streaming. Contract is up too I believe, but I've heard Toho is happy with how the movies have been going so who knows what will happen. I think if the fan support is there Destroy All Monsters will be made.

That's already been made. Female aliens take control of earth's monsters and begin using them to destroy the human race.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Why is Kong dongless?

bruh lol lol, that's why he so angry

Poor monkey
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

That's already been made. Female aliens take control of earth's monsters and begin using them to destroy the human race.

Yes. I mean the modern take on that movie/concept.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakesGnrLake wrote:

Yes. I mean the modern take on that movie/concept.

OKAY 👍🏾

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm a fan of Idris Elba.

He is great.

Loved him in The Wire as Stringer Bell
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm a fan of Idris Elba.

He is great.

they should remake The Wire, GOAT series
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm a fan of Idris Elba.

He is great.

Noooooooooooooooo! There’s nothing they could do updating the wire other than (bleep) it up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm a fan of Idris Elba.

He is great.

Noooooooooooooooo! There’s nothing they could do updating the wire other than (bleep) it up.

TRU DAT!!! Maybe they should have let you live.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

This a deeply stupid, often boring movie. But also a big ape and a big mutant lizard with radioactive fire breath fight and smash stuff a few times.

Three bones.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:04 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Why is Kong dongless?

They don’t want any children to see.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:05 am    Post subject:

I was bored with the last Godzilla movie I saw even though it tried to have some action. It’s making it harder for me to get excited about seeing this. Only reason I’m considering it is Kong is in it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:10 pm    Post subject:

IMHO this was one of the worst movies I’ve seen in a couple years
But my son was all in and he’s he demo
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

What a blast. Come for the satisfying titanic melee, stay for the stunning visualization of hollow earth sci-fi. And it was my first time back at the movies! Probably the first movie worth paying to see at a theater since 2019. Some of those POV shots were ridiculous.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
What a blast. Come for the satisfying titanic melee, stay for the stunning visualization of hollow earth sci-fi. And it was my first time back at the movies! Probably the first movie worth paying to see at a theater since 2019. Some of those POV shots were ridiculous.

Hopefully VR technology will be so good during our lifetime that they could recreate places like Hollow Earth or the Avatar planet for us to experience.

I think I need to go to see it in the theater. I gotta see that final battle on the big screen.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm a fan of Idris Elba.

He is great.

TRU DAT!!! Maybe they should have let you live.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

Hopefully VR technology will be so good during our lifetime that they could recreate places like Hollow Earth or the Avatar planet for us to experience.

I think I need to go to see it in the theater. I gotta see that final battle on the big screen.

If not for the big screen, do it for the sound.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

Before the pandemic, this was the movie I was most looking forward to seeing in 3D IMAX.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

Before the pandemic, this was the movie I was most looking forward to seeing in 3D IMAX.

Hurry and go see it. It might be one of the five greatest war movies of all time!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:

Hurry and go see it. It might be one of the five greatest war movies of all time!

Lemme guess you guys are gonna tell me the original 1954 Godzilla movie is #1 on the list.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: