Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Trezz took what was perceived to be a big paycut to join the Lakers.

Dennis was traded here, and the Lakers felt confident enough in him to offer a max extension (but he wants to squeeze more $ out in FA).

I think we are reading way too much into whether they "want to be here or not."

what other offers did he have?

Charlotte reportedly wanted to do a S&T of Trezz for Rozier. Rozier makes 18-19m/year. But then Trezz joined the Lakers and that took that option away for the Clips.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Something that popped up in my mind, but Harrell’s mental health might be a real problem for the Lakers this season if we are counting on him to deliver in the playoffs.. Harrell can’t play with purpose when there are issues going on, not everyone is Kobe... hopefully Pelinka can have a talk with him to clear the air regarding the potential effects of her grandmother not being with him.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Don’t like Montrezl Harrell’s body language these last few games he’s been meh ever since we got Drummond.

This is one of the reasons why we will have a hard time repeating.

DS and Trez are Lakers that, in my mind, don't truly want to be here. These guys don't seem to have bought into the mindset we had when we had Dwight and others last season. I don't think DS and Trez are invested, mentally, in being Lakers. And that will come back and hurt us when it counts.

Then play those who wanted it more. Gasol and THT looks like they really want it.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

At the beginning of the season I thought the in-out play with Gasol would be a good scheme but it just has not worked out that way. Vogel seems to have a reluctance to pair them together for extended stretches.

For a fraction of the cost they could have signed Kennith Faried whose play style is a fascimile of Harrell. Probably could have gotten close to similar production and no questions about his mental toughness

I always wondered why no one signed Faried these past 2 seasons.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Something that popped up in my mind, but Harrell’s mental health might be a real problem for the Lakers this season if we are counting on him to deliver in the playoffs.. Harrell can’t play with purpose when there are issues going on, not everyone is Kobe... hopefully Pelinka can have a talk with him to clear the air regarding the potential effects of her grandmother not being with him.

There was a video of Jeannie Buss coming to a game for the sole purpose of seeing Trezz to give him a hug. I think the Lakers probably do everything in their power to support his mental health. https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-heartwarming-details-emerge-from-jeanie-buss-support-of-montrezl-harrell/

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

There was a video of Jeannie Buss coming to a game for the sole purpose of seeing Trezz to give him a hug. I think the Lakers probably do everything in their power to support his mental health. https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-heartwarming-details-emerge-from-jeanie-buss-support-of-montrezl-harrell/

Yeah Jeanie loves him, if we decide to bring back Trezz next year it will be because Jeanie was in full support of it.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Just bench his lazy ass and their chance of winning will increase.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject:

Trez should have a heart to heart... With the player formally known as Ron Artest. It'll either be productive or at the very least Trez will think "man, well I'm not as nuts as this guy". Lol!
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Trez should have a heart to heart... With the player formally known as Ron Artest. It'll either be productive or at the very least Trez will think "man, well I'm not as nuts as this guy". Lol!

This is the one player on the roster that I think Vogel has not reached out to yet. Vogel has to dig deep and find the combination that will maximize Trezz and hide his deficiencies. Right now this backup center role is killing his confidence, and he is missing point blank layups. If he can find the magic sauce, Trezz is the one guy on the bench who can elevate the entire team.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

This is the one player on the roster that I think Vogel has not reached out to yet. Vogel has to dig deep and find the combination that will maximize Trezz and hide his deficiencies. Right now this backup center role is killing his confidence, and he is missing point blank layups. If he can find the magic sauce, Trezz is the one guy on the bench who can elevate the entire team.

Trez can’t anchor the team defensively . He plays defense primitively with his instincts. He need to spend more time on the tape to understand what other teams are running so he can create difficult angles and set traps. AD absence just exploited his shortcoming but with AD , I think we will be able to utilize his strengths at both ends.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

<snip>
Trez can’t anchor the team defensively . He plays defense primitively with his instincts. He need to spend more time on the tape to understand what other teams are running so he can create difficult angles and set traps. AD absence just exploited his shortcoming but with AD , I think we will be able to utilize his strengths at both ends.

Once they reach a certain age/stage people can't just are not able to witch and just change into a drastically different version of themselves. I'm pretty sure by now Trezz is who he is, and Vogel has to find a way to either maximize him, or play him fewer minutes as he seems to be doing right now.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
CRoost wrote:

<snip>

Once they reach a certain age/stage people can't just are not able to witch and just change into a drastically different version of themselves. I'm pretty sure by now Trezz is who he is, and Vogel has to find a way to either maximize him, or play him fewer minutes as he seems to be doing right now.

The anchor role is by far the worse spot to play Trezz and there is more than enough evidence to assess that by now. It’s on the coach to put his players in the best position to succeed and Vogel continually trots out the same lineup and gets predictably bad results. He cannot play the anchor role in the playoffs it is a recipe for disaster.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
At the beginning of the season I thought the in-out play with Gasol would be a good scheme but it just has not worked out that way. Vogel seems to have a reluctance to pair them together for extended stretches.

For a fraction of the cost they could have signed Kennith Faried whose play style is a fascimile of Harrell. Probably could have gotten close to similar production and no questions about his mental toughness

I always wondered why no one signed Faried these past 2 seasons.

Since he suffered back injuries four years ago, the guy has only managed to play a couple of partial seasons. Doubt anyone wants to gamble on his health.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Harrell has been a major disappointment, his game has fallen off significantly, it doesn’t seem like he has any desire, playoffs are around the corner, if he wants to get payed he needs to step up.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Trezz needs to realize he is playing for a contract next year. Whether he wants to be a Laker or not or is happy with his role/minutes or not, he needs to play good soldier and produce if he wants to get paid

He isn’t only auditioning for the Lakers other teams will take notice of him slumping
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

If Trez can’t score like he’s right now, he’s useless. He can’t do anything else. He just brick and turns the ball over while giving up layups.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Harrell has been a major disappointment, his game has fallen off significantly, it doesn’t seem like he has any desire, playoffs are around the corner, if he wants to get payed he needs to step up.

Trez is as advertised.

All scoring and not much else.

If we see Denver in the playoffs, Jokic will BBQ him alive like he did last year.

Last edited by Nash Vegas on Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
If Trez can’t score like he’s right now, he’s useless. He can’t do anything else. He just brick and turns the ball over while giving up layups.

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Trez is as advertised. All scoring and that’s it. If he can’t score he’s garbage. If we see Denver in the playoffs Jokic will BBQ him like he did last year.

Even if he scores, he gives it all back. I’d rather a guy who might score 6-10 points but won’t break Vogel defense.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Do he still like playing bball? He looks disinterested out there.

2pts 2 rebs in 14 minutes. com'on!
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Didn't MWP have a psychiatrist with him during the championship run? Maybe Trez should do something like that during this run?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

maybe much like most role players, he just needs Lebron and Anthony to be back to find his mojo
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

He’s not mentally engaged right now. Are his minutes and/or touches down? He seems like a Me-First kinda guy. Wants to be in a situation that caters to him above all else...team results be damned.

He checked out last year with the Clippers too. I still remember earlier this year THT didn’t get him the ball on one play and tried to shake hands and apologize and Harrell wanted nothing to do with it. AC physically made Harrell shake tho haha.

Harrell and Dennis are looking to get paid above all else this contract year. The coaching staff is trying to win a title...hopefully both parties can help eachother get what they want.
point-guard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject:

Hmm after watching him player, he is just not a good basketball player.

I think anyone who plays organise ball will agree with me to that. Of course I’m not the best judge but i used to play for my national team, and i hated players like trez.

To me he’s the hustle guy. He will get points and scores when opponent gets lazy, but when it comes down to true basketball, whether its dependant on skills or set plays, trez is no where to be found.

He cant really defend the low block, pretty much gets destroyed every time. Doesnt really get a lot of defensive rebounds. Has no intimidation as a defender. He cant really score, he’s decent at put back or random under the rim situation but most of the time when i see him battling at the low post he either hides behind the defender or loses position.

When its face up situation he has not skills, nor the footwork to be the opponent. He cant really shoot the midrange, so let alone how even modern centres can shoot 3.

The worst of the (bleep) worst. Is that he sets inefficient lazy picks and does useless give and goes.

Lets say you can score you cant defend you cant do (bleep), how about doing something for your teammates? Every time our guard needs a pick, you can see him “trying” to pick. A pick is block off the defender defending the ball handler SO you get a 2 to 1 advantage once you roll or pop. He doesnt even set it properly, he just “does it” and moves away. What even is the point of the pick?

2ndly, when our guards needed an extra pass, he will sometimes move up to receive the ball. But when he does what does he do? He immediately passes the ball back to the ball handler, so what’s the point of this move? It does absolutely (bleep) all

Lastly, every time when he receives the ball, he ONLY looking to pass. Watch him when he receives it and he will never attempt to attack. This create a huge problem because his defender will immediately “cover” his lanes instead of defending him. The best way to create space for your teammate is to be an attacking threat so you draw other defenders towards you, THEN you make the assist.

This guy is a fraud and i have no idea how he became sixth man of the year. Either your hustle is so off the top , Rodman-esque where i have no choice but to be impressed, or you are just a low tier hustle guy.

We need to get rid of this guy
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Something might be going on because just a week or two back he was balling out of control. Maybe it's an off-court family issue again or whatever, or maybe he is just hitting the wall from being the only guy who hasn't really missed any time this year.

But whatever it is let's hope he snaps out of it before the playoffs.

This is where someone like Rondo would have been helpful because I couldn't see him letting something like this slide without being addressed.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

I mentioned many of these observations in my "Lakers don't have IT" thread, and of course, the usual group responded with their sarcastic remarks.

But, again, Harrell seems to be the sort that is out for himself, and has not bought into being a Laker first. As fan, I have no idea how good a team mate he is, but his body language as of late seem very negative, and his production is very subpar.

When he's not feeling chippy, he will usually only score only a few points. But when he seems happy (body language wise), he will get your 15-18 points easy. That's why I believe, with him, it's all mental, because he's a tremendous talent and asset when he's engaged. But why he's not engaged lately, I don't know. And why he seems up one game and down the next, I don't know. Could be a mental health issue, at worst.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

Never a fan of the Trez signing. Low IQ on D, poor rebounder, and needs his touches down low to be effective (which will be limited with Bron and AD). I don't mind a 4/5 rotation of Dre, AD, Gasol, and Kieff in the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 52 of 66
Jump to: