DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
With LBJ getting older you want more guys who can attack like Dennis. Not less.

That is why we have THT to do that.

And that’s why you want more than 1 guy. Dennis and THT give us many more options with LBJ out. THT alone isn’t enough. Some games he is just game planned too easily.

not for the money that DS will be demanding in the off season.

The money Lakers wants to sign him for and the money he wants does not really matter. At the end, it’s not like we can sign another guy with that money if he chooses to walk.. Schro is driving the wheel on this one.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We shouldn’t care if Schroeder wants the money bag, what we should care about is if he can play like this so we can get another championship, if he does then sign him to whatever he wants.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Yes lets not care how much we give Schroder. Matter of fact lets just give him 5yrs/150 mil deal. It's not our money right? When the time comes to trade him, people will bash the front office for giving him that contract. Guarantee it.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

I just don’t want the Lakers to overpay just like what they did for Luol Deng, Timothy Mozgov and Steve Nash. Remember?
MDI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Priority is

1) THT
2) AC
3) Schroder (if 1 and 2 falls apart)

With THT developing, Schroder's absence shouldn't hurt the Lakers too much. Here are some possible guards we could probably afford: Evan Fournier, Dennis Smith Jr., TJ McConnell, Goran Dragic, Alec Burks, Derozan, Lowry (pipe but doable if LeGM goes to work), Raul Neto, Ish Smith. Patty Mills, Lou Williams,

CP3 and Conley are super long shots but these vets in their mid 30s want to ring chase Lakers will take them. (But again its pipe)

Losing Schroder can be absorbed if AC and THT continue developing, it doesn't matter.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

We also have a first round pick to get a good quality back up point guard if it needs to be.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

MDI wrote:
Priority is

1) THT
2) AC

With THT developing, Schroder's absence shouldn't hurt the Lakers too much. Here are some possible guards we could probably afford: Evan Fournier, Dennis Smith Jr., TJ McConnell, Goran Dragic, Alec Burks, Derozan, Lowry (pipe but doable if LeGM goes to work), Raul Neto, Ish Smith. Patty Mills, Lou Williams,

CP3 and Conley are super long shots but these vets in their mid 30s want to ring chase Lakers will take them. (But again its pipe)

Losing Schroder can be absorbed if AC and THT continue developing, it doesn't matter.

How many times does this have to be said:

IF DENNIS WALKS, ALL WE HAVE IS THE MINI-MLE!

Lowry, Chris Paul and Conley are not signing for the Mini-MLE, and the bulk of the other players you named do not even come close to DS.

You want to waste the Mini-MLE on an inferior player rather than resign Schroder and use the Mini-MLE to fill another hole or resign one of our pending FAs?

His absence shouldn’t hurt us too much? Did you watch the game today? Have you been watching any of the games this season? How exactly do you figure his absence shouldn’t hurt us too much?

LeBron: “What happened to DS?”
Pelinka: “Uh, yeah sorry LeBron, we know you like DS and he gives us the best chance of winning within the remaining window of your career, but we decided to let him walk for absolutely nothing, and we brought in Ish Smith with our Mini MLE. Hope that’s cool with you.”

FFS

Last edited by Killer_Z on Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:52 am; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

^ what he said.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
MDI wrote:
Priority is

1) THT
2) AC

How many times does this have to be said:

IF DENNIS WALKS, ALL WE HAVE IS THE MINI-MLE!

Lowry, Chris Paul and Conley are not signing for the Mini-MLE, and the bulk of the other players you named do not even come close to DS.

You want to waste the Mini-MLE on an inferior player rather than resign Schroder and use the Mini-MLE to fill another hole or resign one of our pending FAs.

His absence shouldn’t hurt us too much? Did you watch the game today? Have you been watching any of the games this season? How exactly do you figure his absence shouldn’t hurt us too much?

LeBron: “What happened to DS?”
Pelinka: “Uh, yeah sorry LeBron, we know you like DS and he gives us the best chance of winning within the remaining window of your career, but we decided to let him walk for absolutely nothing, and we brought in Ish Smith with our Mini MLE. Hope that’s cool with you.”

FFS

Not trying to start anything, but I think when he said, "his absence shouldn't hurt us too much," he meant when the season is over and AD/LBJ are fully healthy.

As for replacement of Schroder, I mean wouldn't trading Kuzma, who said he really didn't know his role on the team, help fill that PG position? I mean free cap money isn't the only way to get a replacement. I'm just throwing that out there.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:15 pm    Post subject:

He has some nice chemistry with Drummond.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

It’s ridiculous at this point that people are not grasping that... Yea let Schro walk, and trade Kuzma to try to replace Schro. Lol what!?

Worst case scenario should be signing and trading him if he dont want to stay.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Yes lets not care how much we give Schroder. Matter of fact lets just give him 5yrs/150 mil deal. It's not our money right? When the time comes to trade him, people will bash the front office for giving him that contract. Guarantee it.

I'm happy giving him 120 million next year and then 10 million/10 million/10 million. Or 105 million and 15 million/15 million/15 million...

If that were allowed by the rules (It isn't)

Why? Because we can trade him at 15 million. More than 21 million is hard to imagine under any circumstance other than the final year.

I could care less what the Lakers spend... I just want to be able to move him if an opportunity arises.

He had a good game today but for every one of those, there is a terrible game. We think of KCP as a streaky shooter... yet his average is way higher than Schroder.

As it has been explained, we might not have a choice... and I get that.

What I don't get is settling for that without exhausting all options first.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

It’s ridiculous at this point that people are not grasping that... Yea let Schro walk, and trade Kuzma to try to replace Schro. Lol what!?

Yea, trading Kuzma to fill the PG hole then who’s gonna replace Kuzma?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject:

Just throwing an example to those who feel we are deep at the PG spot.
The Heat, despite having a young prospect Tyler Herro, still decided to bring Dragic back and still traded for Olandipo.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Just throwing an example to those who feel we are deep at the PG spot.
The Heat, despite having a young prospect Tyler Herro, still decided to bring Dragic back and still traded for Olandipo.

This isn’t really a fair comp.

Lebron, when on the Heat, had Mario Chalmers as his starting PG on some of the playoff runs.

When you have Bron, you need a lot of quality defenders and shot makers around him, especially with AD now there and now a new weapon called Drummond.

Why I value Dennis is he can defend and he can create some shots, but around Bron/AD his main value is defense and bringing the ball up at times to initiate the offense, something Danny Green could not do. I def try to keep him, using bird rights, but within reason. We need a way to keep Andre Drummond too, he should be a priority for us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject:

Keeping Drummond is a long shot. Basically he takes the mini MLE or we move on. Otherwise you have to strip the team down for that and this isn’t just about letting Dennis go for nothing either.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

Yea, trading Kuzma to fill the PG hole then who’s gonna replace Kuzma?

Is that really a question? Seriously? lol
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I'm happy giving him 120 million next year and then 10 million/10 million/10 million. Or 105 million and 15 million/15 million/15 million...

Why? Because we can trade him at 15 million. More than 21 million is hard to imagine under any circumstance other than the final year.

I could care less what the Lakers spend... I just want to be able to move him if an opportunity arises.

He had a good game today but for every one of those, there is a terrible game. We think of KCP as a streaky shooter... yet his average is way higher than Schroder.

I agree, if it's fair and not a overpay I have absolutely no problem with Schroder signing. The overpay is what's getting me. I know we have no leverage, but like you said we need to exhaust all of our options first before signing him. I know for a fact DS isn't going to be a Laker his whole career. I also willing to bet that he doesn't even finish his contract out with us if he signs it.

Last edited by BEazy on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Keeping Drummond is a long shot. Basically he takes the mini MLE or we move on. Otherwise you have to strip the team down for that and this isn’t just about letting Dennis go for nothing either.

Did we not strip the team when we traded for Shaq in 1996?

Did we not trade Eddie Jones and Nick Van Excel just so Kobe can play more minutes at point guard and shooting guard?
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

How would you purpose that happens??? Schroder has to agree to a sign and trade. He 90% won't likely agree to a sign and trade because that restricts his free agency that he so badly wants. So any other bright ideas???
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

How would you purpose that happens??? Schroder has to agree to a sign and trade. He 90% won't likely agree to a sign and trade because that restricts his free agency that he so badly wants. So any other bright ideas???

Seen it happen all the time... You can sign and trade him if he choose to go to a team that dont have the salary cap. Unless he just wants to go to a non contender and gets paid. And where are you hearing that he wants to be a free agent so bad?
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

Seen it happen all the time... You can sign and trade him if he choose to go to a team that dont have the salary cap. Unless he just wants to go to a non contender and gets paid. And where are you hearing that he wants to be a free agent so bad?

No disrespect but where have you been? He's been saying he wants to test free agency every single time he was asked about the contract situation. He told the media that all the time. He badly wants free agency.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

If we win it all and Schroder plays a big part of our playoff run, then he’s definitely a keeper.

That’s the only way for us make it reasonable to overpay him.

Anything short of that (unless of course we lose AD or Lebron to injury)

We will move on

S&T if Schroder agree

Keep Caruso

Then unleash THT.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

No disrespect but where have you been? He's been saying he wants to test free agency every single time he was asked about the contract situation. He told the media that all the time. He badly wants free agency.

He said he wants to stay with the Lakers and test free agency. Don’t see that as being wanting to be a free agent so bad. His trying to see what he can get out there and maybe drive up a higher offer than the Lakers. There’s still a lot of factor in play. Not many contenders have the cap space. Second destination unless he just wants $$$ and play for lotto teams. If the offer not much higher than the Lakers then high chance he might stay with us. If Schro chooses money then feel free to walk. If you feel like someone will give him 5/$150m. If he wants money and play for a contender then most likely a sign and trade.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
^ what he said.

He said he wants to stay with the Lakers and test free agency. Don’t see that as being wanting to be a free agent so bad. His trying to see what he can get out there and maybe drive up a higher offer than the Lakers. There’s still a lot of factor in play. Not many contenders have the cap space. Second destination unless he just wants $$$ and play for lotto teams. If the offer not much higher than the Lakers then high chance he might stay with us. If Schro chooses money then feel free to walk. If you feel like someone will give him 5/$150m. If he wants money and play for a contender then most likely a sign and trade.

You see how that contradicts each other right? Either you want to be a Laker or you want to test free agency. I've never heard of a upcoming free agent use that phrase that Dennis used.

Quote:
If Schro chooses money then feel free to walk. If you feel like someone will give him 5/$150m.

So my trading Kuzma for a replacement PG isn't out of this world huh? I wish some other people would understand that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 127, 128, 129 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 128 of 284
Jump to: