ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Scott Foster gifted the Clippers a W

Quote:
The NBA’s last 2-minute report determined that the foul call that gave Paul George the eventual game-winning free throws last night, with 4.8 seconds left, was incorrect.

https://twitter.com/andrewgreif/status/1384916112782024711?s=21

I didn't think it looked like a foul in real time. Too bad they had already used there challenge at that point but regardless that's always weak af to end the game on a touch foul at best (this one ended up not even being that). I always liked when refs of any sport let them play a bit more in the last minute or two unless it's an obvious foul of course.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

I hate when refs come out after the fact. It has zero impact other than frustrating a team that needs every win
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Scott Foster gifted the Clippers a W

Quote:
The NBA’s last 2-minute report determined that the foul call that gave Paul George the eventual game-winning free throws last night, with 4.8 seconds left, was incorrect.

https://twitter.com/andrewgreif/status/1384916112782024711?s=21

I didn't think it looked like a foul in real time. Too bad they had already used there challenge at that point but regardless that's always weak af to end the game on a touch foul at best (this one ended up not even being that). I always liked when refs of any sport let them play a bit more in the last minute or two unless it's an obvious foul of course.

I hate those idiots in the basement, but I'd rather them beat the Blazers than have Portland get a W for seeding purposes.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

They are our biggest threat to repeating - not the Nets or anyone in the EC.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

They beat the Grizzlies with all those guys out? Smh.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
They are our biggest threat to repeating - not the Nets or anyone in the EC.

Everything depends on health. But at the moment, I agree.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Smh indeed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Smh indeed.

That’s why it’s frustrating with the Lakers supporting cast. This year we have enough depth comparatively and yet the Lakers seem to have trouble beating non-injured and/or lottery teams.

The Grizzlies had Jaren Jackson back, are fighting for 7/8 spot and the clippers without Kawhi/PG/Rondo/Ibaka/Jackson/Beverly still beat them by 12.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Smh indeed.

That’s why it’s frustrating with the Lakers supporting cast. This year we have enough depth comparatively and yet the Lakers seem to have trouble beating non-injured and/or lottery teams.

The Grizzlies had Jaren Jackson back, are fighting for 7/8 spot and the clippers without Kawhi/PG/Rondo/Ibaka/Jackson/Beverly still beat them by 12.

you can't beat winning teams without Bron and AD. While Harrell is manning the paint for more than 20 minutes.

I think they can really beat some good teams, but Vogel insisting on putting harrell @C cause them games.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Smh indeed.

This is it.

The idiots in the basement fielded a team of borderline NBA talent alongside Zubac, Batum, Morris, and Kennard and got the win over a young, talented playoff team.

We have Drummond, Schroeder, the other Morris, Trez, and others and we struggle with everyone we play, trash or otherwise. I don't get it.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Smh indeed.

you can't beat winning teams without Bron and AD. While Harrell is manning the paint for more than 20 minutes.

I think they can really beat some good teams, but Vogel insisting on putting harrell @C cause them games.

They did almost beat the Sixers even with Green having the best game in years from 3. They blew out the Nets who still had 2/3 of there stars and nearly all the role players. Went 1/1 against Utah.

I agree about Harrell in some of those matchups though, it's so blatantly obvious it makes me wonder if Vogel is not showing all his cards or just trying to keep Trezz happy. Overall i'd say the Lakers did a very solid job up to this point without both Superstars.

Another huge thing is the Lakers are built around Lebron mostly who pretty much is the motor and only elite Playmaker on the roster so when he's out it's even more rough which is why you see most of his past teams as well all have bad records when he misses games. You seen Dennis make strides as a primary playmaker from when Bron went down to today because he was vaulted in a role that doesn't maximize his best talents but he took it on without thinking twice and was the leader many nights to win the ones they did and most games were close up until the end.

From what I remember the Clippers have rarely not had both superstars for many games this season? Especially for more then 1 game. That's vastly different and not really very comparable to a team going a full month + without both main guys.

At the end of the day the Lakers are still the Defending Champions and imo clearly the better team then the Clips when fully healthy which looks to be happening not to mention both of our main guys will now be fully healthy and very rested going into the Playoffs.

I agree with everyone that I hate seeing the Clips win at all but no reason to be overly worried about them like they're the superior team.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Smh indeed.

They did almost beat the Sixers even with Green having the best game in years from 3. They blew out the Nets who still had 2/3 of there stars and nearly all the role players. Went 1/1 against Utah.

I agree about Harrell in some of those matchups though, it's so blatantly obvious it makes me wonder if Vogel is not showing all his cards or just trying to keep Trezz happy. Overall i'd say the Lakers did a very solid job up to this point without both Superstars.

Another huge thing is the Lakers are built around Lebron mostly who pretty much is the motor and only elite Playmaker on the roster so when he's out it's even more rough which is why you see most of his past teams as well all have bad records when he misses games. You seen Dennis make strides as a primary playmaker from when Bron went down to today because he was vaulted in a role that doesn't maximize his best talents but he took it on without thinking twice and was the leader many nights to win the ones they did and most games were close up until the end.

From what I remember the Clippers have rarely not had both superstars for many games this season? Especially for more then 1 game. That's vastly different and not really very comparable to a team going a full month + without both main guys.

At the end of the day the Lakers are still the Defending Champions and imo clearly the better team then the Clips when fully healthy which looks to be happening not to mention both of our main guys will now be fully healthy and very rested going into the Playoffs.

I agree with everyone that I hate seeing the Clips win at all but no reason to be overly worried about them like they're the superior team.

Not worried about the flips a bit. A healthy Lakers will beat these bozos in 4 or 5 games.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

They are doing well because they fit well and got rid of 2 empty stats guys in Trez and Lou
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Clippers have on and off been resting a group of Kawhi, PG, Morris, Rondo, and Ibaka to get ready for the playoffs and they’re 10-1.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
They are doing well because they fit well and got rid of 2 empty stats guys in Trez and Lou

How you loving Rondo for your team so far? he's done really well (Lou is a good 3rd scoring punch but Kennard/Morris can cover that)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Clippers have on and off been resting a group of Kawhi, PG, Morris, Rondo, and Ibaka to get ready for the playoffs and they’re 10-1.

Maybe Ty Lue is just a better coach than Frank Vogel.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Aside from being talented and well coached, they’re shooting the lights out from distance, 42% as a team on a high volume. I think that is going to smash the all time record.

But in a playoff series where the opposition is game planning to stop you, it’s going to take more than that. Their lack of scoring at the rim, especially with the risks the Lakers can take on the perimeter with multiple anchors on the team is going to be a tough proposition for the Clips.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers vs Clippers 1st round matchup?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Better get the flight to Cancun ready.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

It’s the one I wanted.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

It’s the one I wanted.

7 laker home games
I'll take it
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

It’s the one I wanted.

7 laker home games
I'll take it

Pretty much even though when healthy we were dominant on the road

I just think the pressure will be good early
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

It’s the one I wanted.

7 laker home games
I'll take it

For me, it depends when Bron comes back.. If he comes back really soon and we have 8-10 games with him then idc who we face in the first round including the Clips. I def. think it would benefit the Lakers more though to face them in the second or third round so we have some more time to get the Chemistry going for the new guys that weren't here last season.

Outside of the Clips there's realistically no team in the Western Conference that can remotely hang with a healthy Lakers team for a full series imo. There's a few teams with cute stories and great regular seasons but that's nothing new. I see matchup nightmares for those teams facing us, the Playoffs are a completely different beast.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

It’s the one I wanted.

7 laker home games
I'll take it

For me, it depends when Bron comes back.. If he comes back really soon and we have 8-10 games with him then idc who we face in the first round including the Clips. I def. think it would benefit the Lakers more though to face them in the second or third round so we have some more time to get the Chemistry going for the new guys that weren't here last season.

Outside of the Clips there's realistically no team in the Western Conference that can remotely hang with a healthy Lakers team for a full series imo. There's a few teams with cute stories and great regular seasons but that's nothing new. I see matchup nightmares for those teams facing us, the Playoffs are a completely different beast.

Can’t face them in 3rd round. They don’t get there....hey ohhhhh
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans blew the Clippers out. Pandemic P was 3-11 and only 9 points.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 308, 309, 310 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 309 of 439
Jump to: