Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Not to derail the THT thread, but the KCP hate makes no sense. Yes, he's inconsistent offensively. But he plays hard, plays great defense, and knocks down open looks. I'd like to see him more assertive but I think players are expecting him to be something that he's not.

Not a big fan of KCP after his greed took away Nwaba from us but he has becoming a solid contributor and also played a key role in our title run last year. He is an asset and his contract is easily movable just in case if another star is having that please take me away now.

Kuz progress enough to transform himself into a winning type to justify his raise but contract is also easily movable so he is an liquid asset.

THT is a must keep even with a poison pill. He does not have an explosive first step but skilled enough and strong enough with intriguing length to get where he want to be. Shooting and defense and decision making will get better with experience.

Caruso is another one because he has proven himself already and his chemistry with Lebron is indeniable. He also improved his 3 ball . Injuries has slowed him down but his defense has been good.

We should keep Schroder if we win it all (hopefully). If not , we should move on and unleash THT. He will be more ready next year.

Trez is a goner. He will be looking for longer term. That will more prudent for his situation.

Kief is anybody guess. He has been playing well so he might cash it in.

Gasol most likely opt out if he does not see any sunlight when it matters.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

There is no way this team will let THT go. He's a shoe in IMO.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Not to derail the THT thread, but the KCP hate makes no sense. Yes, he's inconsistent offensively. But he plays hard, plays great defense, and knocks down open looks. I'd like to see him more assertive but I think players are expecting him to be something that he's not.

Not a big fan of KCP after his greed took away Nwaba from us but he has becoming a solid contributor and also played a key role in our title run last year. He is an asset and his contract is easily movable just in case if another star is having that please take me away now.

Kuz progress enough to transform himself into a winning type to justify his raise but contract is also easily movable so he is an liquid asset.

THT is a must keep even with a poison pill. He does not have an explosive first step but skilled enough and strong enough with intriguing length to get where he want to be. Shooting and defense and decision making will get better with experience.

Caruso is another one because he has proven himself already and his chemistry with Lebron is indeniable. He also improved his 3 ball . Injuries has slowed him down but his defense has been good.

We should keep Schroder if we win it all (hopefully). If not , we should move on and unleash THT. He will be more ready next year.

Trez is a goner. He will be looking for longer term. That will more prudent for his situation.

Kief is anybody guess. He has been playing well so he might cash it in.

Gasol most likely opt out if he does not see any sunlight when it matters.

Pretty much spot on.

THT. He surely has benefited from Lebron/AD injuries as his court time and responsibilities were expanded. I feel having vets like Trez and others get in his ear about less iso tunnel vision has helped reshape his game. Would be ideal if they can keep his $'s at 7mil next 2 years and backload the remainder of his contract.

Personally I would like to see the Lakers take care of Kief. He appears to be a good teammate who sacrificed to stay a Laker this year. His skillset as a stretch 5 is also a hard commodity to find.

You forgot Drummond. He is the wildcard to this offseason. Lebron-AD-DS or Lebron-AD-Drummond. I believe it comes down to DS or Drummond. It sure helped reading Emplay's Bleacher report article discussing the potential scenarios to sign AD2.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:

LOL what

KCP is not the GM
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
He’s just 18 years old

20 actually. He'll be able to take his first legal drink in November
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
He’s just 18 years old

20 actually. He'll be able to take his first legal drink in November

Now that 19-year-old Tatum... 😆
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

Good god, this guy said he's not a fan of KCP (who was HUGE for us in winning a ring) because of DAVID (bleep) NWABA?

What is wrong with people? First the Pelinka slander, then saying we might have been better off with the young guys and LeBron and that Pelinka got lucky with winning last year. You guys dont deserve to be cheering for the Lakers. Go root for some other po dunk team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:

Not a big fan of KCP after his greed took away Nwaba from us but he has becoming a solid contributor and also played a key role in our title run last year. He is an asset and his contract is easily movable just in case if another star is having that please take me away now. .

I do like the irony of you criticizing KCP for thinking of his own best interests first and getting the most money he can, and then you praise his current contract because you think it makes it easier for the Lakers to trade him if that’s in their best interests.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:41 am    Post subject:

Love the kid but he ain't ready yet
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

He was awful last night. His stretches damn near were the reason we lost last night. Oof. Guess you gotta take the good with the bad some nights. But that was cringe.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I think he’s at least 2 years away from being starter material. Lots of good clay to work with. I think he will be our 6th man next year and I do think the Lakers are going to prioritize bringing back THT and Dennis.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

I think he’s at least 2 years away from being starter material. Lots of good clay to work with. I think he will be our 6th man next year and I do think the Lakers are going to prioritize bringing back THT and Dennis.

He’s 100% a player worth investing in. If he can subtract like 3 dumb decisions per game that alone would be huge.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:

He’s 100% a player worth investing in. If he can subtract like 3 dumb decisions per game that alone would be huge.

Yup. He’s a core piece to our future. Emphasis on future. Needs two offseasons IMO and we may see a special starter level player.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Not a big fan of KCP after his greed took away Nwaba from us but he has becoming a solid contributor and also played a key role in our title run last year. He is an asset and his contract is easily movable just in case if another star is having that please take me away now. .

I do like the irony of you criticizing KCP for thinking of his own best interests first and getting the most money he can, and then you praise his current contract because you think it makes it easier for the Lakers to trade him if that’s in their best interests.

Nwaba brought me here on this forum. What’s the best for our team supersede any player own interest. I want every contract to be an asset than liabilities especially on what went down on our Moz Deng mistakes. Case in point, I value Schroder as more of a role player and I believe THT has a higher upside. Paying Schroder 20 plus for 4 years will not be prudent because at some point THT will take over. When it happens, Schroder contract will become a liability. Injuries , we can’t foresee but there’s no denying THT potential. If we win it all , it does not matter what happens down the road. Schroder will be giveth what he deserved because I believed he will play a big part .

But KCP gambit paid off and he continues to prove his value to our team. He is still a role player though so at the end of the day, trading him for a star is a no brainer.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

He had one of his worst games last night, but didn’t get his normal minutes to get any rhythm. He’s going to have to adjust again because he is going to go from 25-28 minutes to around 7-10 the rest of the way. He can’t wait around and get a feel for the flow of the game from the corners as he tends to do, he’ll have to be ready and attack with confidence. Growing pains... career high 24 points one game, awful the next...
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

THT's got to lead with his defense.

THT needs to learn some of that white mamba defense. Caruso is one of the better defenders in the league - yeah I said it. Underrated all his life because how he looks. Caruso could basically replace Woody in White Men Can't Jump - Part two the electric boogaloo. Kyrie can be Wesley. JLO can be Rosie. Who's in?

Back to THT - he needs to be a better on ball defender.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
THT's got to lead with his defense.

THT needs to learn some of that white mamba defense. Caruso is one of the better defenders in the league - yeah I said it. Underrated all his life because how he looks. Caruso could basically replace Woody in White Men Can't Jump - Part two the electric boogaloo. Kyrie can be Wesley. JLO can be Rosie. Who's in?

Back to THT - he needs to be a better on ball defender.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Nwaba brought me here on this forum. What’s the best for our team supersede any player own interest. I want every contract to be an asset than liabilities especially on what went down on our Moz Deng mistakes. Case in point, I value Schroder as more of a role player and I believe THT has a higher upside. Paying Schroder 20 plus for 4 years will not be prudent because at some point THT will take over. When it happens, Schroder contract will become a liability. Injuries , we can’t foresee but there’s no denying THT potential. If we win it all , it does not matter what happens down the road. Schroder will be giveth what he deserved because I believed he will play a big part .

But KCP gambit paid off and he continues to prove his value to our team. He is still a role player though so at the end of the day, trading him for a star is a no brainer.

I don’t think it’s THT or Dennis. I think Lakers will do everything to bring both back. Caruso, if his price tag is too high will be gone first IMO.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

Stats for April

Min 25
Pts 13.3
Ast 3.5
Reb 3.4
FG% 45.4
3P% 35.5
FT% 72.4
TS% 54.7
ORtg 109
DRtg 106

Basically without Lebron.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

He's done well in April, he just needs to work on his tunnel vision moments that lead to turnovers.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
He's done well in April, he just needs to work on his tunnel vision moments that lead to turnovers.

His Ast to TOV rate for April is > 2 so still decently good.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

His defense is seriously egregious. Doubling down horrific defense with Mckelmore and Trezz is literally a recipe for disaster. Vogel played all three together in the late 3rd/4th and watched a 3 point advantage turn into a 9 point deficit in about 5 minutes of game action.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject:

Defense is probably the most convoluted skill to try to analyze. Is it the eye test and/or the numbers that tell how effective a player is? For a player like AD he passes both at the highest level with DRtg of 102 in 4 of the last 5 seasons and DBPM 2 or greater in the last 3.

Caruso also passes both the eye and numbers test at at 105-106 DRtg and 2.4 DBPM.

For Schroder the eye test looks good with his POA defense but factoring in team defense his DRtg is > 110 in 3 of the last 4 years with a 108 this year. His DBPM has been negative this entire career except this year at 0.2.

For THT the eye test may show him getting beat at times but his DRtg is 106 this year with a DPBM of 1.4

A lot of context to these numbers but they at least add to the narrative.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Stats for April

Min 25
Pts 13.3
Ast 3.5
Reb 3.4
FG% 45.4
3P% 35.5
FT% 72.4
TS% 54.7
ORtg 109
DRtg 106

Basically without Lebron.

Wow, that’s Kuzma level, $13m
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

Crazy how he’s been given the reigns to facilitate the offense off the bench at just 20 years old, basically a backup of LeBron when he sits.

Can’t wait to see what this kid would like in the next 2 years.l, or even next year with a full training camp!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 122 of 202
Jump to: