PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Proud of the guys tonight I thought they played hard

Moral victory!

Over Mavs? With KP already out in the 3rd? They should have win.

There's this guy named Luka. I heard he's pretty good

Yup.. But still without KP, they could have take advantage of it.

True, but if the referee's don't let you guard their primary ball handler and scorer you are going to have problems. Less KP means more Luka and the refereeing made Luka extra good.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Btw it seems like whenever kcp goes off...we waste the game and get an L

I noticed this too. Better reward his good play with a win or he’ll go back into his slump
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LOL don't blame the refs, Lakers can win it but instead opted out to sit Dre for a long time and stick with Harrell weakass.

What a garbage take, you either didn't watch the game, or have never actually played basketball before.
It was the refs, sorry to be rude but it's delusional to think anything else.

Are you stupid I am watching every minute of it, if you look at my posts here. Refs call is bad, but they still have a chance, but looks like they gave up and just watch the Mavs keep on getting buckets

If you want to have the take like that fine but many here and even a laker analyst disagrees with you. Many of us are agitated at the L so going about defending the refs is not helping you are just going to irritate folks in this thread.

It is entirely possible you are correct ...but its a better discussion in a thread where folks emotion isnt so raw like in an in game thread. But to start with being dismissive of the complaints then calling folks stupid is just bad form.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:
LOL don't blame the refs, Lakers can win it but instead opted out to sit Dre for a long time and stick with Harrell weakass.

What a garbage take, you either didn't watch the game, or have never actually played basketball before.

Are you stupid I am watching every minute of it, if you look at my posts here. Refs call is bad, but they still have a chance, but looks like they gave up and just watch the Mavs keep on getting buckets

If you want to have the take like that fine but many here and even a laker analyst disagrees with you. Many of us are agitated at the L so going about defending the refs is not helping you are just going to irritate folks in this thread.

It is entirely possible you are correct ...but its a better discussion in a thread where folks emotion isnt so raw like in an in game thread. But to start with being dismissive of the complaints then calling folks stupid is just bad form.

Did I defend the refs? I said they could have still won even with those bad calls. Clearly there's bad coaching going on add to the bad calls by refs. There is no adjustments on Lakers side.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

He called me garbage first? Read the posts
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
leking006 wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
windycitycane wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Proud of the guys tonight I thought they played hard

Moral victory!

Over Mavs? With KP already out in the 3rd? They should have win.

There's this guy named Luka. I heard he's pretty good

Yup.. But still without KP, they could have take advantage of it.

True, but if the referee's don't let you guard their primary ball handler and scorer you are going to have problems. Less KP means more Luka and the refereeing made Luka extra good.

I understand everyone is pointing to the refs. I’ve never been one to do that. LeBron led teams are usually on the wrong side anyway and can still pull off the win. Can’t expect a win without him and the refs against us. Still, we had chances.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

We got Wes and Zo both for wing defense. They sit all night. Sorry Frank. No bueno.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Luka is trending toward harden rather than lebron, and I really start to dislike the guy
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Just get the split Saturday.

Harrell -19 in 17 minutes...
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

There were 2 brutal no calls. First, the no tech at Luka when he committed the obvious offensive foul and curse the ref. Second the obvious foul in the pullout by Dennis that he airball by 2 feet when we were 4 down. Sum that to the Luka love fest...
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

... and please,

NO MORE MCLEMORE & HARRELL TOGETHER ON THE FLOOR!!
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Mavs win 115-110

A winnable game but too many things got in the way.

First things first. AD. Was very rusty. Was not at game speed. Timimg off on both ends which is expected. On a minutes restriction played anout 15.

He and Dre to open the game were imposing their defensive will on the mavs: knocking down passes, stealing a pass, getting boards. Were up 14-6.

Then the mavs took a timeout. After that their entire offense sped up...i think defensively this caught AD off a few times. Hes just not at that speed yet.

Mavs proceeded to go on a 25-11 run. Did not help vog elevted to play trez/kieff v wcs and porzingis.

Lakers were down 11 at the half. In the third, the group thats played together the past couple weeks got into back n forth runs with the mavs and even took the lead. But, were down by 4 after 3. Mavs then pushed lead to 9 to begin the fourth and while the lakers made some runs they were always just out of reach.

Defense: was awful at times. Lakers gave up more lobs than i can recall in a game in forever. Also struggled with the high pnr. Luka was just on with his passes. Lakers gave up three 30+ point quarters - they rarely win those.

Then there was the officiating. It was bad. This crew was really calling two different games - alot of ticky tack calls on the lakers. Not so much on the mavs. This was reflected in a ft disparity of (im not counting the intentional fouls at the end) 34-17 in mavs favor.

Of interest it was 21-6 and then 22-8 in favor of mavs at one point in the first half. Was 22-14 at halftime.

You expect calls to perhaps be slightly more even in the second half? Nope. 12-3 mavs favor in second half entering the final minute of the game. You could look at the fts alone and make an argument that was the difference (mavs hit 10+ more).

Unfortunate we wasted great games from ds and kcp.*

Onto the next one. Hopefully saturday will see better d, better rotations, and more fair officiatiing.

(*edit i had a brain fart and said trez. Fixed. )

Last edited by DrDent on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Actually he said the take, not you, was garbage. You then took it to calling him stupid. Golden rule of posting: go after issues /takes...not the actual poster🤓

Not saying eddie couldnt have handled that differently either...but im too agitated at the loss to exert any more energy🥸
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Actually he said the take, not you, was garbage. You then took it to calling him stupid. Golden rule of posting: go after issues /takes...not the actual poster🤓

Not saying eddie couldnt have handled that differently either...but im too agitated at the loss to exert any more energy🥸

"What a garbage take, you either didn't watch the game, or have never actually played basketball before. "

Read it again, I quoted it just for you. He's the one who take it personal first

Last edited by leking006 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

AD2 with 19 rebounds.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

"What a garbage take, you either didn't watch the game, or have never actually played basketball before. "

He's the one who take it personal first

Ok, fair enough

Can I pull the two wrongs dont make a right card?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

AD is on the way................

to a 20 minute a game restriction.

Good to see him back on the court healthy.
🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏

Rebound game on Saturday 💪🏀💪🏀💪🏀
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Ok, fair enough

Yup. I'm cool. Sorry for that too. I'm just too agitated with Harrell than the refs. that's why. Because I am expecting it that he will suck for games now and Vogel and him is not even proving me wrong. It's freaking frustrating.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Ok, fair enough

Yup. I'm cool. Sorry for that too. I'm just too agitated with Harrell than the refs. that's why. Because I am expecting it that he will suck for games now and Vogel and him is not even proving me wrong. It's freaking frustrating.

I feel you bro - we wrre getting wrecked on d with him there. I cant believe I was trying to believe he was a solid defender.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
AD is on the way................

to a 20 minute a game restriction.

Good to see him back on the court healthy.
🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏

Rebound game on Saturday 💪🏀💪🏀💪🏀

Despite this L...if im the mavs im concerned. Lakers only going to get better moving forward.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Ok, fair enough

I feel you bro - we wrre getting wrecked on d with him there. I cant believe I was trying to believe he was a solid defender.

It's just that I can't stop thinking that even if Lakers will have a monster Starting lineup, all of their efforts will just go to waste once Harrell goes in. And it's making me think twice if they can really win it all. I don't know how will Vogel mask Harrell's weakness if he will not bench him in the playoffs, because if not, that might cause them a series. Just like how Vogel mask Rondo's defense last year with AC helping him and also Rondo step it up a notch in the playoffs.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

^

Imo?

He needs to play that gasol/ harrel lineup he promised.

Gasol has issues but knows positioning. I personally think trez would be better suited hunting for charges and help defense blocks than being an anchor. Gasol can do that anchor part vs a second unit
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
^

Imo?

He needs to play that gasol/ harrel lineup he promised.

Gasol has issues but knows positioning. I personally think trez would be better suited hunting for charges and help defense blocks than being an anchor. Gasol can do that anchor part vs a second unit

Yup, but looks like Vogel is not going with that combo. Because even in a loss already, he's not even using it.

It will be up to Bron and AD then. They are the one who will cover Harrell's weakness. Sadly they are still not 100%. And they can only do it if they are 100%.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Expected but still a disappointing loss the way it unfolded.

Simply a case of one team ready for the playoffs, the other not.

Only 13 games left to get healthy and find that playoff level chemistry and efficiency.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29
Jump to: