DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I am of two minds with DS, I would like to see more star play for what he wants to be paid, but I doubt we have any other options, unless he agrees to a sign and trade for something we actually want for him. I think a lot is going to depend on the postseason. If we win again, and DS plays well, then I think we will match pretty much whatever he is offered.

If we don't win, and he wants the moon, I think we at least look at our options. THT is probably going to be great, but unless he goes Kobe clone on us, I think he is still another season away from a respectable shooting percentage. But man, if THT could shoot 40% on 3 pointers and let Lebron do the ball handling...

I love THT. But I think he's about 2 years from being a possible full-time starter level quality player. Two things haunt him right now: 3 point shooting and team defense.

But he's 20, and I'm glad we didn't trade him away for Lowry. He's a key piece of our future.

the 3 point shooting is the only thing that prevent him from being a star. however, that is not easy to work on. hope he can get better in the off season. when the defender respect his 3, he will get even more driving lanes.

Yup. But as you said, it will take some time. But until then, he can easily be our 6th man devastator. If Dennis leaves, we may be forced to thrust him into a bigger role. My hope is we keep Dennis/THT though (I know we will keep THT).
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
I am of two minds with DS, I would like to see more star play for what he wants to be paid, but I doubt we have any other options, unless he agrees to a sign and trade for something we actually want for him. I think a lot is going to depend on the postseason. If we win again, and DS plays well, then I think we will match pretty much whatever he is offered.

If we don't win, and he wants the moon, I think we at least look at our options. THT is probably going to be great, but unless he goes Kobe clone on us, I think he is still another season away from a respectable shooting percentage. But man, if THT could shoot 40% on 3 pointers and let Lebron do the ball handling...

I love THT. But I think he's about 2 years from being a possible full-time starter level quality player. Two things haunt him right now: 3 point shooting and team defense.

But he's 20, and I'm glad we didn't trade him away for Lowry. He's a key piece of our future.

Those are fixable. He has the physicals to be at least decent defensively and his stroke looks sound. I don’t hear anyone question his work ethic. I am glad too we did not give him away for Lowry. I still believe we can win with Schroder and the chances of keeping him largely depends on us winning it.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

In a sidenote I was watching Dennis's Twitch stream and he was impressive. He's a PC gamer which automatically makes him 3x more credible than those on consoles.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Neither player should have been ejected.

If I’m the Nets though...the sensitive nature of Kyrie and him taking time off whenever he feels like it is not a good recipe for the players. It’s very last year Clippers.

Agreed.

I see it.

We have LeBron and Uncle Frank Vogel setting the tone with full buy in from AD and it feels more organic and healthy.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/radrivas/status/1385461920044445701?s=21

I agree, Dennis...but we need a ramp up to avoid a 2019-20 Clippers situation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder has been ballin ever since LeBron went out, if he can play like this in the playoffs it will make a big difference for the team.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

The entire offense relied on DS to make a play tonight. Shame on the other guys as nobody else stepped to help out. Kuzma should give his game check back as he was a total no show.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Imagine him when LBJ is back and AD is healthy. I think he is a major piece to winning this all again.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject:

As Phil Jackson would say, DS has really been earning his lunch money these past several weeks.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject:

Ds is getting better. Hope he continues
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Imagine him when LBJ is back and AD is healthy. I think he is a major piece to winning this all again.

+1

Assuming both Bron and Brow will be themselves in the playoff, our chances for the repeat pass through DS performance, we need him to be a factor
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

He’s beginning to show how valuable he will be next to AD/LBJ. He can’t run the whole offense by himself but he can surely do it alongside LBJ.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

The most encouraging sign is more assists and a great improvement in less turnovers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The most encouraging sign is more assists and a great improvement in less turnovers.

And can attack the rim. We will have two perimeter guys who will headhunt for mismatches now.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

And can attack the rim. We will have two perimeter guys who will headhunt for mismatches now.

No doubt. We are going to need this version of Dennis.

His POA defense and compete level will be a huge asset against the star guards.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

He has some real good chemistry with Drummond. Which bodes well for our future. It helps everyone when your starting PG and C are on the same page.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

One thing is for sure after going through lackadaisical (DLO) and oft injured and not reliable (Lonzo) PGs, Dennis will play hurt and give 100% every game.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

Dennis has secured his bag without a doubt. Whether that is staying with us or a sign and trade remains to be seen. But we are not letting him go for free, thats for sure.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He has some real good chemistry with Drummond. Which bodes well for our future. It helps everyone when your starting PG and C are on the same page.

Drummond really set a great screen like no one else in this team. That midrange will always be open shot for Schroder. If we can keep both of them and they both comes off the bench, you’re talking about an entirely difficult problem . I was wrong about Drummond. Those wicked screens is very valuable. I think Lebron will utilize that comes playoff.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
The entire offense relied on DS to make a play tonight. Shame on the other guys as nobody else stepped to help out. Kuzma should give his game check back as he was a total no show.

Noticed the same.

What's going on in the offense when DS & AD2 are iso'd on strong side with Kuz KCP and another shooter standing on the weakside with horrible spacing?

Even on a drive a kick, because of bad spacing, one defender can close out on any of our shooters.

I mean, if DS can get to the rim at will and an opposing big won't help off of AD/AD2 then Vogel needs to run that play every time. Just a layup line until they send help. DS's first step/extra gear is real man.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

LBJ is gonna matchup hunt for smaller defenders in the playoffs.

Dennis will matchup hunt for bigger and slower defenders (imagine Jokic trying to guard him) in the playoffs. We have two perimeter guys who will pick apart defenses like this.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

It is good to see Dennis has slowed his game down literally. Not always trying to move at a blur and excessively push the pace and attack when the spacing isn't there. This results in less FTs but also less TOVs and higher efficiency as he better picks his opportunities.

Will be interesting to see how he performs when Lebron returns as his usage will decrease especially in the playoffs where Lebron and AD will most likely dominate the ball more so than in the regular season. Hopefully he still plays within himself and not force on offense.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ is gonna matchup hunt for smaller defenders in the playoffs. Dennis will matchup hunt for bigger and slower defenders (imagine Jokic trying to guard him) in the playoffs. We have two perimeter guys who will pick apart defenses like this.

In Miami, Bron ran a decent amount of PnR with the point guard (and at times, Wade depending on matchup). The idea was, the defender that had the speed to stick the guard, didn't have the size to stick LeBron. And if the defensive guard went into drop coverage, it was road kill for a LeBron drive.

I think there's real potential for that with Dennis. There are very few defenders who can stick with both Dennis' speed and LeBron's strength. For it to work, Dennis has to be 3pt threat (making teams pay on a pop). But if he's hitting regularly, it's a killer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LBJ is gonna matchup hunt for smaller defenders in the playoffs. Dennis will matchup hunt for bigger and slower defenders (imagine Jokic trying to guard him) in the playoffs. We have two perimeter guys who will pick apart defenses like this.

In Miami, Bron ran a decent amount of PnR with the point guard (and at times, Wade depending on matchup). The idea was, the defender that had the speed to stick the guard, didn't have the size to stick LeBron. And if the defensive guard went into drop coverage, it was road kill for a LeBron drive.

I think there's real potential for that with Dennis. There are very few defenders who can stick with both Dennis' speed and LeBron's strength. For it to work, Dennis has to be 3pt threat (making teams pay on a pop). But if he's hitting regularly, it's a killer.

It’s good to see his 3% getting better by the month. It’s well into the 40s for April. High 30s March. I think he needed to get that rhythm going.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
It is good to see Dennis has slowed his game down literally. Not always trying to move at a blur and excessively push the pace and attack when the spacing isn't there. This results in less FTs but also less TOVs and higher efficiency as he better picks his opportunities.

Will be interesting to see how he performs when Lebron returns as his usage will decrease especially in the playoffs where Lebron and AD will most likely dominate the ball more so than in the regular season. Hopefully he still plays within himself and not force on offense.

That's his ideal role imo as a deadly scoring threat with very capable secondary playmaking. He had his best season by far last year playing alongside CP3 as well as running OKC's second unit. When he was playing with Lebron earlier on I thought he did a really good job of playing within himself for the most part and there were a lot more times I wanted him to be more aggressive if anything.

I think both him and Dre wont have much of a problem doing a lot of the dirty underappreciated work on both ends when we're back at full strength but if the defense starts disrespecting either of them they can score as much as the defense wants to allow
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 130 of 284
Jump to: