Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
MJST wrote:
It depends how Wes plays which will determine what happens with THT.

Because right now Wes, THT and McLemore are all fighting for minutes right now.

Harrell will play regardless. The thing is Kief is having a good stretch currently.

Anyway, Harrell should be getting backup 4 minutes and Gasol getting the backup 5 minutes.

This should have been what we were doing BEFORE Davis came back and Kief was in the starting lineup and then we could've made a decision by now how it looked and whether to keep Kief in the constant rotation or if the Harrell/Gasol backup lineup was too beneficial.

But Vogel's handled this situation very stupidly.

Vogel appears to be going to the grave with Harrel at the 5 no matter how much evidence there is that the defense will hemorrhage points with Harrel as your anchor. It doesn't matter if Harrel scores 30 points because the other team will get all those points on the other side.

The only silver lining is that Rondo was equally god awful all regular season last year, and then he flipped a switch and turned into a different player in the playoffs.

There is a playoff Rondo which is already proven, I dont think there is a playoff Harrell.

Jokic is a huge fan of playoff Trez. #1 fan club!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
leking006 wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Harrell will play regardless. The thing is Kief is having a good stretch currently.

Anyway, Harrell should be getting backup 4 minutes and Gasol getting the backup 5 minutes.

This should have been what we were doing BEFORE Davis came back and Kief was in the starting lineup and then we could've made a decision by now how it looked and whether to keep Kief in the constant rotation or if the Harrell/Gasol backup lineup was too beneficial.

Vogel appears to be going to the grave with Harrel at the 5 no matter how much evidence there is that the defense will hemorrhage points with Harrel as your anchor. It doesn't matter if Harrel scores 30 points because the other team will get all those points on the other side.

The only silver lining is that Rondo was equally god awful all regular season last year, and then he flipped a switch and turned into a different player in the playoffs.

There is a playoff Rondo which is already proven, I dont think there is a playoff Harrell.

Why would you ever be playing Trezz against Jokic?

That’s why you have Drummond & AD & Marc. You play Trezz when they go small and he eats.

His misplay isn’t just on him - we routinely play him against bigs like Ayton, Jokic, Embiid and then rag on him for not performing. He’ll perform fine against others.

You don’t think he’d be motivated to play against the clippers? Just wait and see what that matchup looks like for them.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I'm worry on what I am seeing now. I know Laker starters when complete is very hard to stop. It's just that I can't stop thinking that even if Lakers will have a monster Starting lineup, all of their efforts will just go to waste once Harrell goes in. And it's making me think twice if they can really win it all. I don't know how will Vogel mask Harrell's weakness if he will not bench him in the playoffs, because if not, that might cause them a series. Just like how Vogel mask Rondo's defense last year with AC helping him and also Rondo step it up a notch in the playoffs.

I am wondering why Vogel can't bench Harrell. Last season everytime Dwight or McGee will have a bad start, they will almost be bench immediately. But Vogel is just watching Harrell got abused out there without adjustments. Maybe that's why he's having a hard time what to do on Harrell, he is reluctant to put him @PF spot, but he can't also bench him.

There is more than enough evidence to know that Harrel cannot anchor the defense as our backup center. Vogel has been using him in this position with predictably poor results all season. Harrel is best to be played with only lebron in a purely uptempo role where maybe the pace is fast enough to mask his deficiencies. Vogel biggest mistake all year has been his handling of the backup center minutes. It’s definitely a major weakness.

Unfortunately, LeBron and Harrell have no chemistry. You would think they would but they look bad together. Especially in the pnr. This confirms my suspicions that Harrell has not built bonds with the guys. Who is he close to? Who do we see him laughing and talking to on the bench? No one. He sits alone. Gasol should absolutely be ahead of him in the depth chart.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
I'm worry on what I am seeing now. I know Laker starters when complete is very hard to stop. It's just that I can't stop thinking that even if Lakers will have a monster Starting lineup, all of their efforts will just go to waste once Harrell goes in. And it's making me think twice if they can really win it all. I don't know how will Vogel mask Harrell's weakness if he will not bench him in the playoffs, because if not, that might cause them a series. Just like how Vogel mask Rondo's defense last year with AC helping him and also Rondo step it up a notch in the playoffs.

I am wondering why Vogel can't bench Harrell. Last season everytime Dwight or McGee will have a bad start, they will almost be bench immediately. But Vogel is just watching Harrell got abused out there without adjustments. Maybe that's why he's having a hard time what to do on Harrell, he is reluctant to put him @PF spot, but he can't also bench him.

There is more than enough evidence to know that Harrel cannot anchor the defense as our backup center. Vogel has been using him in this position with predictably poor results all season. Harrel is best to be played with only lebron in a purely uptempo role where maybe the pace is fast enough to mask his deficiencies. Vogel biggest mistake all year has been his handling of the backup center minutes. It’s definitely a major weakness.

Unfortunately, LeBron and Harrell have no chemistry. You would think they would but they look bad together. Especially in the pnr. This confirms my suspicions that Harrell has not built bonds with the guys. Who is he close to? Who do we see him laughing and talking to on the bench? No one. He sits alone. Gasol should absolutely be ahead of him in the depth chart.

Vogel did make the correct adjustments series to series as far as benching players who were obviously mismatched based on how the opponent was playing. He jettison McGee in the denver series, and Howard in the Houston series. We have to rely on that, and hope he sees that Gasol as the backup C versus Denver and Utah is the right move, and save Harrell against the clippers.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
leking006 wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Why would you ever be playing Trezz against Jokic?

That’s why you have Drummond & AD & Marc. You play Trezz when they go small and he eats.

His misplay isn’t just on him - we routinely play him against bigs like Ayton, Jokic, Embiid and then rag on him for not performing. He’ll perform fine against others.

You don’t think he’d be motivated to play against the clippers? Just wait and see what that matchup looks like for them.

Sarcasm.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
vcdplaya3002 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

His bond is with AD since that’s who he has been seen on ig with multiple times. It’s just AD, but then again that’s something
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Trezz is better when he gets touches. I’d set him up with some offense because his whole game picks up when he is getting buckets.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Trezz is better when he gets touches. I’d set him up with some offense because his whole game picks up when he is getting buckets.

No matter how many buckets he gets, his defense will never pick up. He will still miss rotations and coverages on defense.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
No matter how many buckets he gets, his defense will never pick up. He will still miss rotations and coverages on defense.

I was hoping he would take the leap with elite defensive coaches...but he hasn’t been able to improve whatsoever imo. He even looks more lost.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

I was hoping he would take the leap with elite defensive coaches...but he hasn’t been able to improve whatsoever imo. He even looks more lost.

Honestly in terms of the eye test he's the worst defensive player on the team. I don't know how his advanced stats pan out, but he has like zero defensive instincts. He just reacts to everything and can't see plays unfolding.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject:

I'd rather give Trez's MLE to Drummond and fit the pieces from there (it locks us into hard cap)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:10 am    Post subject:

Hate to say this but it looks like he feigns an injury all too often when he’s the defensive culprit. Then magically when we are back on offense he’s ok again. Just an observation that bothers me.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hate to say this but it looks like he feigns an injury all too often when he’s the defensive culprit. Then magically when we are back on offense he’s ok again. Just an observation that bothers me.

Yea, Trez a lil bit on the 'not my fault' personality, complains a lot to both refs and teammates but that comes with the package, his hustle still worth all that headache
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

Honestly in terms of the eye test he's the worst defensive player on the team. I don't know how his advanced stats pan out, but he has like zero defensive instincts. He just reacts to everything and can't see plays unfolding.

Agree. If Lionel Hollins and Frank Vogel can’t help you, I don’t think anyone ever will.

He’s going to end up being the Lou Williams of power forwards...probably hop around for his offense then teams realize he is a major liability on defense.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know why he got DNPed?

Vogel seriously thinks he can only play 2 of our 3 centers at a time? That’s dumb.

If you can’t find a way to use the 6th man of the year that’s on the coach. Trezz would be perfectly fine next to AD or Gasol, just don’t pair him with Drummond.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
methdxman wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

Agree. If Lionel Hollins and Frank Vogel can’t help you, I don’t think anyone ever will.

He’s going to end up being the Lou Williams of power forwards...probably hop around for his offense then teams realize he is a major liability on defense.

I love the energy and hustle Trezz brings to the table. Unfortunately everything mentioned above is 100% Facts.
Already undersized in his position and not enough focus on clamping up on the defensive end.

Was somewhat concerned THT was heading in that direction defensively as well but that doesn’t seem to be the case.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:14 am    Post subject:

Vogel seriously thinks he can only play 2 of our 3 centers at a time? That’s dumb.

If you can’t find a way to use the 6th man of the year that’s on the coach. Trezz would be perfectly fine next to AD or Gasol, just don’t pair him with Drummond.

Yupp...We need weapons and he got trez not playing?
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

[quote="scout_0"][quote="BandwagonLBJhopper"]Does anyone know why he got DNPed?

If you can’t find a way to use the 6th man of the year that’s on the coach. Trezz would be perfectly fine next to AD or Gasol, just don’t pair him with Drummond.[/quote]

Yupp...We need weapons and he got trez not playing?[/quote]

Frank gave Gasol a try to play with bench
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:

Yupp...We need weapons and he got trez not playing?

Clearly you didn't see his previous games.
-52 total +/- since drummond sign.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:20 am    Post subject:

Tell me one playoff team against which Trezz will be effective
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Clippers

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Clippers

How ironic it would be if Trez was the reason the Lakers beat the Clippers. Otherwise, I could see the Clippers getting last laugh at us for signing Trez. Honestly, I'm just hoping to see that Trez is saving the best games of his career for the Clippers, then his signing would have been worth it.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Clippers

Rondo would eat him alive.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Glad he got a DNP. Needs to know that defense is just as important. For such a hustle type player he sure shows a lack of effort on that end.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
ahaider wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

Clippers

Rondo would eat him alive.

Do you even root for the Lakers?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 55 of 66
Jump to: