View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
defense wrote:
Davis and Drummond don't really mix

Ofcourse they don't. AD is not a 3pt threat.

Yup, I was worried about that. No reason AD shouldn’t be a better shooter from there to stretch the floor.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

One of the most disappointing things in all of this (aside from now being firmly in the danger zone seeding-wise) is the fact that we wasted HUGE games from KCP and now McLemore
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

If any other player in the League besides say, Lebron barked at the officials, and slammed the basketball down like little lord Luka, savior of basketball, they would have been ejected.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Trash performance.

I’m okay losing if Luka goes off but when it’s Powell and washed up JJ Reddick beating you there’s know excuse for that BS

First three quarters the Lakers played with intensity.
Last quarter was basically just watch an out of rhythm AD jack up jumpers to an L.

Marc Cuban is forever the enemy too I’m sorta hoping we see Dallas in the playoffs now and crush them. Hate this is the final meeting this season

2 on their floor, only one on ours...seems fair right?
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Well 1 thing I like in this game, is at least Vogel is adjusting. Just don't like he didn't stop blitzing luka when he is already killing it.

I bet that was still the plan, but the executioners ran outta gas. Also, how about we play a guy who might give them fits the way Powell gave us fits? His name is Trezl, and he's a pretty good roll guy. Signed him for over $9 million, but we prefer to play people making minimum.

I have no idea why, but using Trez in the P'n'R this season has been maddeningly minimum. No idea why since that's where he works best.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

I’m optimistic against any team with LeBron but even I’m a bit concerned with dropping to 6th and having to face the Clippers. We need to play the Nuggets
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

our defense sucks
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I’m optimistic against any team with LeBron but even I’m a bit concerned with dropping to 6th and having to face the Clippers. We need to play the Nuggets

This.

They will have a fresh Kawhi and PG, are shooting lights out, AND have Rondo, who will slow the game down for them.

I love the Lakers, and I hope we would pull it off, but I'd not put money on it in a million years.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

It’s just not good enough. Even without Lebron...just not good enough.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if blowing up the team was smart. Think of the chemistry we would have to handle games like this. This team looks disjointed and no one communicates.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
our defense sucks

Overall it's excellent.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lakers lose 108-93

Wont lie, this one was a complete and utter collapse on both ends. A humiliating defeat in many ways.

Lakers were up by as much as 17 in the second quarter. By 12 at the half.

In the third, the Mavs would make some adjustments. Lakers didnt seem to really have an answer other than to...shot lots of 3s. And let the PnR and Dwight Powell get hot.

Mavs would tie it at 79 as the 3rd ended.

Then the fourth opened up. No one scored for awhile. Eventually Lakers took an 87-83 lead. Mavs took a TO.

I literally elected to post - as a marker - about the importance of the Lakers getting stops after that ATO. Seen too many times how opposing coaches really outdo the team this year in the 4th after a time out play / plays.

And unfortunately...that's exactly what happened.

Believe it or not, it was at the 7:44 mark Lakers would go up 87-83. They would score only 6 more points...yep, JUST 6...the rest of the way. Mavs ran them off the floor from that point 25-6. Game over.

During that stretch, Lakers kept settling for rushed 3s, and we watched Luke / Powell just go for lobs, PnRs leading to wide open unchallenged layups / dunks at the rim over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

Shockingly it was still a ball game at about the 3:30 mark - 93-91 Mavs. But a combination of bad defense, inability to hit a shot, friendly Mav bounces (Luka got a couple baskets where ball bounced very friendly for him during that run), and then refs starting in with ticky tack calls (I'm not blaming refs, just pointing out everything went south for the team)...it completely snow balled and Mavs would finish from there on a 15-2 run.

Really not much positive to talk about. McLemore had a nice overall game, but that was not enough. No one else on offense really stepped up.

Lakers shot 26% from 3 on 45 shots, and 38% overall for the game. Youre not gonna win much with that. Also, it is inexplicable to me how the team was outrebounded 51-36.

If there was any bright spot? The first half the team did look pretty good on both ends. But the second half performance was just a complete disaster. The Mavs just thrashed them as the game went along, on both ends. Watching Powell dive for dunk/layups over and over again was humiliating.

Last edited by DrDent on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

Outscored by 27 in the second half.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I forgot all the panic in game threads after a loss. Good stuff.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Well 1 thing I like in this game, is at least Vogel is adjusting. Just don't like he didn't stop blitzing luka when he is already killing it.

I bet that was still the plan, but the executioners ran outta gas. Also, how about we play a guy who might give them fits the way Powell gave us fits? His name is Trezl, and he's a pretty good roll guy. Signed him for over $9 million, but we prefer to play people making minimum.

I have no idea why, but using Trez in the P'n'R this season has been maddeningly minimum. No idea why since that's where he works best.

So we sit Drummond then?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
Solomon Hill ruined the season lol

If you can’t beat any non-lottery team or team missing players too without Lebron then are you really a legit contender?

Even the game vs. Hawks they shouldn’t have dropped that game.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Yes they could. Vogel has his head up his butt offensively.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

So we sit Drummond then?

Is that what I said? Did I say anything at all about Drummond?

I said that we have not used Montrezl in the pick and roll this season much, which is weird because that's where he works best.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

It worked in the first; Mavs looked outmatched.

The second half? I wasnt able to pinpoint what change the Mavs did to free up Luka and the PnR. I know it started with them rotating the ball for open 3s...then after that, Powell was just diving open to the basket all the time. I couldnt see why the Lakers had an issue stopping that. It was just maddening to watch over and over.

It was 93-91 at the 3:30 mark in the 4th. AD shot 5-19 overall. Its hard to get a good gauge as to what this all means when you have wonko numbers like that. If AD was having a normal game, Lakers likely up at that point.

Things just seemed to really, reallyu snowball after the 3:30 mark...Powell plus big 3s /friendly bounces for the Mavs just gutted the team.

Last edited by DrDent on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I can’t get over them blowing a 17 point lead. Easily the most disappointing loss of the year. This was a must win...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

It’s going to take bubble AD and still playoff Lebron the way these other dudes are playing. Even then, might not be enough with the amount of mistakes the supporting cast makes. There were also dry spells on offense even with AD and Lebron earlier this season.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

The second half? I wasnt able to pinpoint what change the Mavs did to free up Luka and the PnR. I know it started with them rotating the ball for open 3s...then after that, Powell was just diving open to the basket all the time. I couldnt see why the Lakers had an issue stopping that. It was just maddening to watch over and over.

It was 93-91 at the 3:30 mark in the 4th. AD shot 5-19 overall. Its hard to get a good gauge as to what this all means when you have wonko numbers like that. If AD was having a normal game, Lakers likely up at that point.

Things just seemed to really, reallyu snowball after the 3:30 mark...Powell plus big 3s /friendly bounces for the Mavs just gutted the team.

The double screen for Doncic was the first adjustment I noticed in the 3rd. It worked
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I can’t get over them blowing a 17 point lead. Easily the most disappointing loss of the year. This was a must win...

Not a MUST win. But certainly, for me, an expected one...I felt Lakers would adjust, refs would be more fair, and team would play better overall.

They did in the first half. Were up 12.

Then second half...

Yea.

Lakers still control their destiny but this loss was embarrassing.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

It’s going to take bubble AD and still playoff Lebron the way these other dudes are playing. Even then, might not be enough with the amount of mistakes the supporting cast makes. There were also dry spells on offense even with AD and Lebron earlier this season.

Thank you. This team is in serious trouble.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
DrDent wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
defense wrote:

The double screen for Doncic was the first adjustment I noticed in the 3rd. It worked

I'll try and stomach watching the replay to spot that...did we make no adjustment to that? It cant be that hard to stop.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26
Jump to: