OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 851, 852, 853 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Kyle “The Champion” Kuzma on Drummond:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1382192822569160707?s=21

Wow, so on point, we can see that Kuzma sacrifice his game for the sake of winning... he gets it

And Kuz is showing it too. He’s walking what he’s preaching: He’s not just playing basketball, but winning basketball.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Credit where credit is due...that transition dunk on Biyombo was nasty! The fact that Kuz was able to elevate like that while hurt makes it even more impressive.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
32 wrote:
Good game. 24 points with four 3's. Needed his offense.

This is why he’ll excel on a lottery team with no expectations. Tonight was prime example

You mean Brandon Ingram? Because that all BI and Zo have did so far. Not even good enough to sneak in on a play in last year or stay in 7-10 range this year. And they are 5 and 4 years in without a transcendent talent.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Credit where credit is due...that transition dunk on Biyombo was nasty! The fact that Kuz was able to elevate like that while hurt makes it even more impressive.

I agree. You could tell he had some bounce in him, but he’s not got everything down as you can see him trying to bounce spot to spot on defense over fully cutting and stopping. And that’s a leg issue more than anything as he’s shown he can get in stance all year, Stu pointed out that he was hopping to get from point to point on the court with the calf all wrapped and taped up.

He’s been the high minute man since Bron went down, averaging 38 mins a night
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:34 am    Post subject:

I've been a big Kuz fan since Summer League of his rookie season. But I've got to be honest, Kuz is disappointing me since Bron has been out.

Maybe that's a result of my expectations and the fact that I used to view him as a Tobias Harris/Bojan Bogdanovich potential type player. In any event, I expected him to step up as a scorer and average about 19-21 ppg over this run. And if he had I think we win 1 or 2 more of the games we lost.

Unfortunately, he seems to have taken a significant step backwards as a scorer in lieu of being a more complete player. I get it when Bron and AD are there. But we needed Kuz the scorer during this stretch and we didn't get him. Maybe that's due to injury or playing big minutes, whatever the case I'm a good bit disappointed in the version of Kuz we've been seeing.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:47 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
I've been a big Kuz fan since Summer League of his rookie season. But I've got to be honest, Kuz is disappointing me since Bron has been out.

Maybe that's a result of my expectations and the fact that I used to view him as a Tobias Harris/Bojan Bogdanovich potential type player. In any event, I expected him to step up as a scorer and average about 19-21 ppg over this run. And if he had I think we win 1 or 2 more of the games we lost.

Unfortunately, he seems to have taken a significant step backwards as a scorer in lieu of being a more complete player. I get it when Bron and AD are there. But we needed Kuz the scorer during this stretch and we didn't get him. Maybe that's due to injury or playing big minutes, whatever the case I'm a good bit disappointed in the version of Kuz we've been seeing.

Lol nah. If you’re following his progress, he does not have the handle yet to be a a first option scorer . You can’t expect him to deviate his game to that level and expect him to be efficient and more effective when his scoring large depend on someone feeding him into his sweet spots. Just like those aforementioned guys, they are not on that level to carry a team.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:

Kuz finishes plays, but the guards start them. AD2, Trezz, Kuzma are all dependent on guard play. If they can't pass into the post or hit a cutter then all you will get is set shots from our bigs on bail-out kickouts off of penetration.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I'll take Randle instead.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Kuz woke up in the second half (11 pts) and finished strong on both ends.

13 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, solid defense (+16)
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Turning into a really solid player and a great role player
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
I'll take Randle instead.

Randle's game is night and day w/Kuz.

Randle needs the ball. Give it up.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Turning into a really solid player and a great role player

Yep. When you accept he’s a role player and not a potential star in the making it becomes less disappointing to watch him and you can see all the good he’s doing even when he’s not putting up twenty plus points.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Weird effective game from Kuz... Played 38 minutes but only 6 shots?
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell: * @Kyle Kuzma just passed Rick Fox for 7th on the Lakers all-time 3-point field goals list, with his 481st make. Up next is Eddie Jones (483), whom Kuzma’s teammate @Kentavious Caldwell-Pope just passed to reach 491 with his 5 makes tonight. He’s now 5th. – via

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Weird effective game from Kuz... Played 38 minutes but only 6 shots?

He also went from tape and a brace on his leg with a strained calf to adding full blown tights on both legs. I would say his leg is weak and he realized that. You can tell it when he jumps for rebounds because he’s jumping off two feet in the paint now and hopping on defense whereas he was a 1 foot jumper and sliding his feet even against guys like steph before he got hurt. It could be just the injury or a combo of injury and fatigue since he has averaged 38 mins a night up from 25 since Bron went out which is a team high.

The 6 boards, 6 assist, 2 steals, and a block work though
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

I have been one of Kuzma's biggest critics on this forum, but I have to admit he is really coming along on the defensive end. He does not need to score 15+ pts to be effective. His athleticism allows him to switch incredibly quickly, protect the weak side, chase off perimeter threats and rebound.

He deserves a lot of the credit for our league leading team D.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:42 am    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
I have been one of Kuzma's biggest critics on this forum, but I have to admit he is really coming along on the defensive end. He does not need to score 15+ pts to be effective. His athleticism allows him to switch incredibly quickly, protect the weak side, chase off perimeter threats and rebound.

He deserves a lot of the credit for our league leading team D.

Once that extension kicks in he’s gone. He’s really been disappointing RHJ could provide poor shooting and good defense for the minimum
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kyle Kuzma says the Lakers aren't too concerned about their seeding.

"It matters for other teams in the league, but I don't think it matters too much for us."

Too many 2019-20 Clippers type quotes from this season’s squad.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

"It matters for other teams in the league, but I don't think it matters too much for us."

I'm in two minds about this, the Clippers crowed last year without ever having won anything, meanwhile the Lakers are coming off a championship so have a much greater right to express pride and confidence. Meanwhile I would much prefer that the Lakers were winning games - pure and simple.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I'm in two minds about this, the Clippers crowed last year without ever having won anything, meanwhile the Lakers are coming off a championship so have a much greater right to express pride and confidence. Meanwhile I would much prefer that the Lakers were winning games - pure and simple.

Same.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Same.

You also must remember who they learned from. It’s not Lebron. Lebron had lost the Caruso, Kuzma, KCP, and others in his first year and Rondo had their ear. Rondo always had AD and Boogies ear too. Rondo never gave a f about a regular season outside a handful of games, instead focusing on execution, film, and being healthy for the playoffs.

Whether people like it or not AD, KCP, Kuzma, Kieff have all show varying degrees of that mentality as they should.

AD posted numbers Pau could never put up and really only Shaq could as a laker last postseason. KCP hit more threes than any other laker ever not named Kobe in his last playoff run while guarding the best guard on every team in every round. And yes people hate on Kuzma but he played every game unlike Dwight or Javale, averaged double points for the playoffs, and played as one of the primary minute guys versus every team and helped them win while not shooting this good from three, rebounding this good, or defending this well. And Markieff is the reason that Dwight and Javale got benched, he went from late add on to playoff starter who finished some games, and made them useless after their season of hard work.

Those four don’t give a f but they earned not giving a f until they get knocked down a few pegs and fail. People can say well they shouldn’t be cocky, that’s what the clippers were but lol the clippers have never won like any of them. People could have said the same about Fisher, Fox, and Horry throughout those seasons too but they showed up when it mattered and stepped up to better talent than them in a series more often than not.

If Kuzma, Kieff, and KCP show up, I don’t give a damn if they don’t care about a regular season loss. This season has been tedious. You can say they played 10 games less but the season was also condensed to being 30 days shorter. They have had no practices, been constantly medically tested, told when they can’t leave a hotel, and none of them have been popped for protocol violations after a short break from winning the title. It’s fine to check out as long as they check in when it matters. And the same especially goes for AD

Lebron can’t check out because he’s chasing Kareems scoring and Michaels status
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject:

Don't think Kuz will be back next season.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?

The only reason Lakers didn't traded him was because of his salary. He is too erratic to be a reliable piece
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?

The only reason Lakers didn't traded him was because of his salary. He is too erratic to be a reliable piece

So erratic he was double digit points the whole year.

So erratic he was second in assist count, second in point count, 1st in rebounding, second in 3pt makes, 3rd in steals, 1st in blocks, and first in minutes without Bron and AD as well as playing on a strained calf nightly lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 851, 852, 853 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 852 of 880
Jump to: