Montrezl 6’7 + Markieff 6’8 front-court line up is Hot Garbage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Montrezl 6’7 + Markieff 6’8 front-court line up is Hot Garbage

Vogel should be automatically fined the moment he inserts that small front-court line-up.

He’s been playing this line up for a few games now and it’s a net negative.

Tonight he started them in the 4th when Lakers had a 10 point lead, that front-court gave up 7 points, and by the time AD and Drummond came back, lead was only 3.

P.S.

Marc Gasol +12 says hi!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

I second that, play gasol and trezz, or at least give it a try
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

5 games in a row Keef palyed like ass but still gets lots of mins, while Trez does his usual gives the points he scores back to the opponent and he knows he won’t get benched for it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

We don't need tall finishers and shot blockers. The league is all 3's now.

leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

What's the use of having 3 centers when you will still preferred Small ball frontcourt with no spacing and no paint defense?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject:

The new death lineup
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Trez and Kief have been available together for almost 60 games. If Vogal needs more experimentation with them he hasn't been doing his job. He needs to MOVE ON.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Frank played this lineup again tonight that helped squander our lead
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Trez and Kief have been available together for almost 60 games. If Vogal needs more experimentation with them he hasn't been doing his job. He needs to MOVE ON.

He pretty much said a month ago he was going to try running Trez and backup 4 and Gasol at backup 5. Hasn't done it since he would.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is stubborn - he will clearly refuse to play Trezz at anything other than center and has made his mind up to DNP the 3rd big
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

This frontcourt started the lakers downfall again in this game.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 am    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Definitely time for coaching cahonjes with lineups and no more than 8-10 man rotation. Maybe something like in bold should get majority of minutes at the spot:

AD2-Gasol
AD3-Trez Keif
LBJ-Kuz Wes
KCP-McL
THT*-AC (until DS gets back)

Super short leash on bench and THT as placeholder until DS is back. Whoever can get it going offensively or defensively gets the minutes. And, I absolutely agree that Trez at C should never happen again.

Lastly, if there is a like a 10 day or vet PG that can play make with playoff eligibility available, the "Laker help wanted" ad should be out. Pretty apparent that loosing a guy like Rondo on this team really hurt....
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

We should have traded Trez.

He plays with heart, but he is completely empty calories and is also the worst defender on the team by a wide margin.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject:

Vogel's only reason, I would think, to use this short line up is to be able to switch coverages.... however Morris is relatively slow to switch, and Harrell doesn't know where to go so he rarely even switches or switches way too late. It's simply horrible on defense.

Offense isn't that good either, it might be even worse, especially Morris who has been having a horrid 8 game stretch right now. He's averaging 2.3 points, shooting 20.5% from the field, and 0% from 3s he's missed all 22 three point attempts! But instead of sitting him, Vogel is just limiting his mins. He started 23 mpg, down to 21, 19, 16, 13, and now just 9 mins. He should just be benched like Vogel did with Wes Matthews in favor of someone else i.e. Marc Gasol.

In short, I have no idea why Vogel plays both Harrell and Morris together.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

He plays with heart, but he is completely empty calories and is also the worst defender on the team by a wide margin.

Klutch.

IIRC, b/c he has a 2nd year player option, he could veto a trade (I might be wrong).
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:

Trez IS NOT the problem.

The refusal to play Trez with Gasol is the problem.

Trez isn't the one that shouldn't be getting minutes currently. Kief is.

Here's the thing

Trez/Kuzma worked
Trez/Gasol would work
Trez/Kief DOES NOT WORK.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
methdxman wrote:

Trez IS NOT the problem.

The refusal to play Trez with Gasol is the problem.

Trez isn't the one that shouldn't be getting minutes currently. Kief is.

Here's the thing

Trez/Kuzma worked
Trez/Gasol would work
Trez/Kief DOES NOT WORK.

This.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Vogel's only reason, I would think, to use this short line up is to be able to switch coverages.... however Morris is relatively slow to switch, and Harrell doesn't know where to go so he rarely even switches or switches way too late. It's simply horrible on defense.

Offense isn't that good either, it might be even worse, especially Morris who has been having a horrid 8 game stretch right now. He's averaging 2.3 points, shooting 20.5% from the field, and 0% from 3s he's missed all 22 three point attempts! But instead of sitting him, Vogel is just limiting his mins. He started 23 mpg, down to 21, 19, 16, 13, and now just 9 mins. He should just be benched like Vogel did with Wes Matthews in favor of someone else i.e. Marc Gasol.

Agreed.

And then...he said he was experimenting not too long ago. So, his experiment was just force trez/kieff and see what happens? Its hot garbage. So now he isnt "experimenting" anymore (per his quote last night), which probably means...he will stick with trez/kieff.

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

is Alvin Gentry available? I'd bring him in as offensive assistant as Vogel has no clue what the heck he's doing on that end.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
is Alvin Gentry available? I'd bring him in as offensive assistant as Vogel has no clue what the heck he's doing on that end.

Not sure. Right now the team is so all over the place on both ends I'm not sure what will help them outside of just gut checks and deciding to play with the old intensity and grit on D they did in the past.

The past few games have been really difficult to watch. I mean, the team actually struggled vs Orlando as well.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
MJST wrote:

Not sure. Right now the team is so all over the place on both ends I'm not sure what will help them outside of just gut checks and deciding to play with the old intensity and grit on D they did in the past.

The past few games have been really difficult to watch. I mean, the team actually struggled vs Orlando as well.

The team should go back to bombing away from three and hope they get an outlier game to steal a win. The current inside out style has only resulted in embarrassing Ls.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Even a 9 minutes of Harrell/Morris combo is enough for the other team to make a run and have the momentum.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Even a 9 minutes of Harrell/Morris combo is enough for the other team to make a run and have the momentum.

Can someone verify if we lost the 12 point lead last night as soon as both checked into the game?
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Can someone verify if we lost the 12 point lead last night as soon as both checked into the game?

Lakers were up 9 when they checked in. By the time they checked out the lead was long gone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: