ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
This true?

https://www.instagram.com/p/COE9xHNluBK/?igshid=1u8edku2fg980

and folks here think we can beat them in 5 games.

while they addressed their holes from last season, we went shiny object hunting.

Currently, nobody's post makes my eyes roll more than yours. Seems like you're more interested in being right, beating a dead horse, etc. Are you even a Lakers fan? Taking up Venturalakerfan's torch or something? That poster was constantly brooding too.

I'm raising my hand in support of VLF; he was a grump and a contrarian, a glass half empty guy and his opinions sometimes conflicted with mine. But what he was not was disrespectful or ill-spoken or ill-informed. He was often the target of open hostility, outright abuse and insults. I'd rather have VLF with his contrarian opinions than the out and out uncivil and sometimes trollish discourse of some of his opponents.

I agree. I was making the "brooding" comparison. VLF never got over how Jim and Mitch got ousted.

Whoa lol, kinda see it now
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

Rondo currently having his best regular season impact numbers since 2009.

Of course. (bleep)...this....season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

I’m good with DS, it’s been an injury plagued season for us. Having Rondo instead of DS makes the team worse. I do wanna see DS step it up in the playoff
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I’m good with DS, it’s been an injury plagued season for us. Having Rondo instead of DS makes the team worse. I do wanna see DS step it up in the playoff

There are too many wrongs in your statement.

Rondo is a proven winner.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Point the wrong points, u believe we’d have a better record right now with rondo instead of DS? Do you think our defense and offense would be better with rondo?
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Point the wrong points, u believe we’d have a better record right now with rondo instead of DS? Do you think our defense and offense would be better with rondo?

I'm skeptical as to whether the record would be better, but I fully believe the offense would have had a much better flow with Rondo over DS.

Not hating on DS, but Rondo is much better at setting an offense and having it run efficiently when compared to Dennis.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
governator wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Except when he hasn’t. Ds matches up great with rondo.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

This whole talk of Rondo being the Clippers savior is nonsense.

Clippers are not a point guard driven team. They only use their point guard to occasionally snipe at the 3 point line and to, moreso, distribute to the wings. The Clippers use an inside out system, where they will dump it down low to the center and then usually kick it out to either PG or their 3 point shooters for perimeter attacks, or to Kawhi for an outside to inside attack, depending on what the defense is showing. They run very little through a point guard.

Rondo's value has long been overstated. His true measure of worth is two things: 1) keep Paul George from mentally imploding in key games, and 2) do the leadership thing that Kawhi is too soft spoken to do.

That's it.

And those things aren't going to mean a damn if the Clippers face a team that can do the X's and O's better than them (eg a team like Denver that matches well against them).

DS has more value to the Lakers than Rondo has to the Clippers. Problem is, DS has been inconsistent with finishing around the rim, and his long range game is shaky at best.

My predictions: Clippers will not make it passed the WCF. That said, sadly, I also don't see the Lakers (at current) getting passed the Clippers. I also don't see Kawhi staying with the Clippers passed this season.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Rondo got the best of both worlds. He got paid and gets to be a big part of a contender.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
This true?

https://www.instagram.com/p/COE9xHNluBK/?igshid=1u8edku2fg980

and folks here think we can beat them in 5 games.

while they addressed their holes from last season, we went shiny object hunting.

Currently, nobody's post makes my eyes roll more than yours. Seems like you're more interested in being right, beating a dead horse, etc. Are you even a Lakers fan? Taking up Venturalakerfan's torch or something? That poster was constantly brooding too.

I'm raising my hand in support of VLF; he was a grump and a contrarian, a glass half empty guy and his opinions sometimes conflicted with mine. But what he was not was disrespectful or ill-spoken or ill-informed. He was often the target of open hostility, outright abuse and insults. I'd rather have VLF with his contrarian opinions than the out and out uncivil and sometimes trollish discourse of some of his opponents.

I agree. I was making the "brooding" comparison. VLF never got over how Jim and Mitch got ousted.

Whoa lol, kinda see it now

Maybe Ty Lue is a better coach than Frank Vogel.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Some of you are funny man. I recall when the media favored us, some around here said they setting us up for failure. Lol. Frankly, I love all the Clipper love. The worst thing that could happen to the Lakers is if Kawhi and PG13 are NOT supposed to win. Then they can just play care free basketball. I like this, so I'm going to add to it. The Clippers are the greatest team I've ever seen. They have no excuses. Lol.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Clippers are not a point guard driven team. They only use their point guard to occasionally snipe at the 3 point line and to, moreso, distribute to the wings. The Clippers use an inside out system, where they will dump it down low to the center and then usually kick it out to either PG or their 3 point shooters for perimeter attacks, or to Kawhi for an outside to inside attack, depending on what the defense is showing. They run very little through a point guard.

Rondo's value has long been overstated. His true measure of worth is two things: 1) keep Paul George from mentally imploding in key games, and 2) do the leadership thing that Kawhi is too soft spoken to do.

That's it.

And those things aren't going to mean a damn if the Clippers face a team that can do the X's and O's better than them (eg a team like Denver that matches well against them).

DS has more value to the Lakers than Rondo has to the Clippers. Problem is, DS has been inconsistent with finishing around the rim, and his long range game is shaky at best.

My predictions: Clippers will not make it passed the WCF. That said, sadly, I also don't see the Lakers (at current) getting passed the Clippers. I also don't see Kawhi staying with the Clippers passed this season.

Because since CP3 they haven't had one. But they've wanted one ever since then. They were trying to get a point guard last year, and all of this year. One better than Pat Bev that could actually be a point guard.

Now they do, and they'll benefit from it, obviously. Don't know if it'd be enough to beat us, but Ty Lue outcoaching Vogel is something that is possible. But our talent has to be greater.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
troy wrote:

That's it.

Because since CP3 they haven't had one. But they've wanted one ever since then. They were trying to get a point guard last year, and all of this year. One better than Pat Bev that could actually be a point guard.

Now they do, and they'll benefit from it, obviously. Don't know if it'd be enough to beat us, but Ty Lue outcoaching Vogel is something that is possible. But our talent has to be greater.

Exactly. And Rondo replaced one of the worst playoff performers in the NBA. It was a big trade for the Clippers.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
troy wrote:

That's it.

Exactly. And Rondo replaced one of the worst playoff performers in the NBA. It was a big trade for the Clippers.

Yup, bottom line they made changes and it seems to be benefiting them. We also made changes but has yet to see big dividends.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
troy wrote:

That's it.

Yup, bottom line they made changes and it seems to be benefiting them. We also made changes but has yet to see big dividends.

Dividends were that we were the top 2 team in the West before our injuries while being the best defensive team in the league.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

Well it's official, we're no longer the favorites to win the West. According to the most recent Vegas odds, we're now tied with the Clippers.

Bettors jumping ship
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

D-rose
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
MJST wrote:
troy wrote:

That's it.

Dividends were that we were the top 2 team in the West before our injuries while being the best defensive team in the league.

we played one of the easiest schedule to begin with. why do you keep bringing that we were No2 seed even after knowing that the teams we played during that stretch were garbage

we were No1 seed whole last season.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Paul George said he has been feeling under the weather the last few days so that made things a little tough but he's fine.

After a loss...an excuse.

After a win...”I’m going to bust asses”

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1394662822446047234?s=21
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

I want Dallas to win and I think they will.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

I want Dallas to win and I think they will.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Clips need Serge Ibaka to be healthy.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

LOL Clippers and Clippers fans are pussycats.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Don't know if there is a more overrated coach than Tye Lue... Maybe Doc Rivers?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 310, 311, 312 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 311 of 439
Jump to: