Avoid Playoffs Play-In Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

I laid a band on Luka prior to the season but IMO Jokic has the edge at this point. However it ain’t over until it’s over. LBJ was also looking like he’d make a run at it until he got injured. “Uncle Cliff” has also been impressive.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
We will find out this week who really feels what.

If the Lakers really want Denver (which isn’t going to be as easy as people think), then lose to them Monday and beat the Clippers Thursday.

We will find out if the Clippers want the Lakers round 1. Let’s see how they load manage and dictate their 3/4 spot.

Utah feels like they want the 2 seed lol.

Why do you think the Lakers are in any position to “choose” when to win or lose?

Lakers need to win one game. Then worry about the next one. And so on.

They are playing horrible, have a tough schedule the last 9, and are in real danger of having to play extra games in the play in. Not sure the Lakers really want to get into a short series against Curry.

Let’s start with a win tomorrow against the Raptors. Prove which is the bad team.

Oh I don’t mean the Lakers “choose.”

I meant based on effort and focus, we will be able to tell what matchup the Lakers prefer.

Same goes for the Nuggets and Clippers in terms of load management, minutes, etc.

I agree with this.

I think we’re going to get Lakers-Denver in the 6-3 matchup.

Clips have a very soft schedule, but they’re a game behind Denver in the loss column and Denver has the tie-breaker, so they really more like two games behind.

I think the Clips would be happy to get Dallas in round 1 and have the Lakers and Denver on the other side of the bracket.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Doncic 31 points 20 assists 12 boards wow

Yeah I just looked at the box score. He's easily the MVP this year.

CP3 and Embiid have a shot
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

The play-in seems the easiest route. LOL! And it gives us some warm up games. Provided we don't choke.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers say Dennis Schröder (health and safety protocols) has been ruled out for tonight’s game vs. Toronto. Via @Jovanbuha

***** This is why they should avoid play-in
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

How long will DS be out. Scary stuff considering that Lebron and AD are still really rusty.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
How long will DS be out. Scary stuff considering that Lebron and AD are still really rusty.

With the vaccines being used more regularly there is a good chance that this current health & safety protocols won’t be as significant as the first 1.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

With the vaccines being used more regularly there is a good chance that this current health & safety protocols won’t be as significant as the first 1.

I wonder why everyone in the league hasn’t been fully vaccinated yet when supply is no longer a problem.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
IDK, I think Vogel deserves to be graded after the Playoffs. Many (Including myself) were trashing on a bunch of his rotations last season as well but once he got to the Playoffs he was lights out with nearly all his decisions imo.

He was making great adjustments from half to half and game to game. Clearly outcoached the opposing side through the entire Western Conference by quite a bit and went toe to toe with Spoelstra in the Finals. He was def. going beyond just being a defensive coach.

I will say i'm in agreement with most here about some of horrible rotations and decisions but i'm holding out hope it's a lot like last season.

But he needs to do it now, because they are on the verge on not making it. Just imagine if they have key players got injured in that 1st play-in game even a minor sprain can put them out on their 2nd game if they lose on that 1. Anything can happen in that kind of setup.

I agree 100% but i'm not sure the Lakers and Vogel do. If he doesn't start making some at least small tough changes soon then what I said goes out the window pretty much. My reply was more so just trying to understand it all compared to last season and stay on the positive spectrum of it all. I just find it really hard to believe the Vogel I saw in the Playoffs last year doesn't see the blatantly obvious lineup mistakes we're seeing.

There room for error is drastically smaller then I expected even without Lebron or AD coming back already so Vogel is def. running out of room for anymore "experimenting" or "keeping everyone happy" games like he was able to do last season in that final stretch of games. It will be very interesting how not only the players play but for me even more so the decisions Vogel and the coaching staff makes over this final stretch of games.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

So, talk me off the ledge, we are going to make the playin, right?

We would need to lose out and NOR would need to basically win out...unlikely, right?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
So, talk me off the ledge, we are going to make the playin, right?

We would need to lose out and NOR would need to basically win out...unlikely, right?

If we stay between 7th or 8th seed... We have to 2 games to get in. If we win the first game we are in at 7th seed.

If we lose... We have one game vs the winner between 9th/10th seed to get in at as an 8th seed.

If we fall down to 9th or 10th seed... We need to win 2 games to make the playoffs.

Last edited by miggz23 on Sun May 02, 2021 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Real possibility this team winds up in the lottery. They just lost to Sacramento and Toronto at home. So not sure why anyone thinks they can beat a fringe playin team.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I think we'd have to lose every game and the Pelicans would need to win every game for us to fall below 10th place. And depending on tiebreakers, even that might not be possible.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
I think we'd have to lose every game and the Pelicans would need to win every game for us to fall below 10th place. And depending on tiebreakers, even that might not be possible.

They are not going 8-0 and we are not going 0-8
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Real possibility this team winds up in the lottery. They just lost to Sacramento and Toronto at home. So not sure why anyone thinks they can beat a fringe playin team.

They have 8 games left to fix any chemistry issues. This team barely had a healthy roster together most season. It's tough to win games that way. No continuity barely any practice. Now they have a couple of new pieces and both Lebron/AD coming back from injury trying to learn to play together all over again. Lebron/AD also probably being cautious right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Rather we play in the play in or not it’s come to a point were it won’t matter and it will be up to the FO to make changes this summer.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

The Pelicans have had trouble staying at .500 let alone winning 8 games in a row. They have a small chance of catching one of the bottom two teams but they won't catch us. Wouldn't want to see them in a one game series though.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Rather we play in the play in or not it’s come to a point were it won’t matter and it will be up to the FO to make changes this summer.

LBJ needs to tell his buddy CP3 to turn down his option and come play with him for a year or 2 before he retires.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

The Pelicans have had trouble staying at .500 let alone winning 8 games in a row. They have a small chance of catching one of the bottom two teams but they won't catch us. Wouldn't want to see them in a one game series though.

There's not a team I'd like to see in that situation.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I wouldn't want to see Steph, Dame, or Zion. The Grizzlies or Spurs don't bother me although the way we've looked recently almost any team is dangerous right now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

LBJ needs to tell his buddy CP3 to turn down his option and come play with him for a year or 2 before he retires.

Yep, that would be great, all the talk of missing Rondo because he was a leader, just imagine if we have a great floor general in CP3, that would lengthen our title window by a couple of notches.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Also if they are 8-0, that means they would beat the warriors 3 times in a role
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yep, that would be great, all the talk of missing Rondo because he was a leader, just imagine if we have a great floor general in CP3, that would lengthen our title window by a couple of notches.

Poetry in motion.

Plus, he’d tell the team to get their heads out of their asses and tell DS that he’a coming off of the bench.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If Phoenix gets upset early, we should throw all effort into signing Chris instead of Dennis. I'd have something other than our draft pick to watch next season.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BILBJH wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

I wouldn't want to see Steph, Dame, or Zion. The Grizzlies or Spurs don't bother me although the way we've looked recently almost any team is dangerous right now.

If we are in the play in, then no Dame for sure. Steph rarely has a good game against us( maybe he is due for one)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 18 of 36
Jump to: