ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:55 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
That early blown dunk was the writing on the wall last night. Lebron and DS ran a beautiful pick n roll, enabling Lebron to spoon feed Drummond a ball that Dwight or JaVale would've slammed effortlessly. Instead Drum loses the ball going up and it leads to an easy lay-up for Sacramento.

I wanted Drummond, but I'm still not sure that he's a net positive over Gasol. Somewhat comically his offensive rebounding isn't even that valuable considering our awful half court offense.

He scored 17 points on 7-11 shooting (3-4 from the line). I just don't know what people are expecting from him. I saw DB's review and I just don't agree, he was fine offensively and I think he should close out games.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat May 01, 2021 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
That early blown dunk was the writing on the wall last night. Lebron and DS ran a beautiful pick n roll, enabling Lebron to spoon feed Drummond a ball that Dwight or JaVale would've slammed effortlessly. Instead Drum loses the ball going up and it leads to an easy lay-up for Sacramento.

I wanted Drummond, but I'm still not sure that he's a net positive over Gasol. Somewhat comically his offensive rebounding isn't even that valuable considering our awful half court offense.

He wasn’t horrible in the third quarter, the game was
lost to start the fourth quarter as the kings took all the momentum. Vogel has to play him only about 20 minutes in the playoffs though. Too much penguin and teams will pick and roll him to death.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PenG_ wrote:

lost to start the fourth quarter as the kings took all the momentum. Vogel has to play him only about 20 minutes in the playoffs though. Too much penguin and teams will pick and roll him to death.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PenG_ wrote:

Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject:

I really want to like him, but all I see is an unfocused, low bbiq empty stats guy. I don't know if he's tired or what, but he also looks lazy out there a lot of the time, which is weird for someone who gets so many rebounds.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

He scored 17 points on 7-11 shooting (3-4 from the line). I just don't know what people are expecting from him. I saw DB's review and I just don't agree, he was fine offensively and I think he should close out games.

If Andre Drummond is closing playoff games we can start booking vacation flights.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

If Andre Drummond is closing playoff games we can start booking vacation flights.

I think you have a bad opinion
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I think you have a bad opinion

Lol that is your right. But AD at C is the straw that stirs our playoff drink. Clogging the paint and putting a low IQ player out there in crunch time is not a recipe for success. Javale wasn’t closing playoff games either.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

People see 1 or 2 dumb plays by AD2 and they blow it out of proportion. Its weird. Its like people cant wait to see him fail or say "DWIGHT!!!!!". Altho Vogel does really need to get Marc minutes when necessary.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Offense not the issue with him. It's his defensive. He sometimes gives up on plays when he screws up on the offensive side of things. Have to have that fire on D. You know AD is going to be soft so he needs to be more aggressive in the low block.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Offense not the issue with him. It's his defensive. He sometimes gives up on plays when he screws up on the offensive side of things. Have to have that fire on D. You know AD is going to be soft so he needs to be more aggressive in the low block.

It’s both.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

I’m confused. If Drummond is not supposedly good on offense, then what is it that makes him an all star? It has to be defense, right?

Can you even be an elite rebounder but a below average defender?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LeBronte Jest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

Sometimes it looks like he's just trying to stay out of the way. Problem is, he's staying out of the way of the other team too.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I don’t think they want to showcase that until playoffs. I think they’re trying to build those two chemistry even if it comes at the expense of wins.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I don’t think they want to showcase that until playoffs. I think they’re trying to build those two chemistry even if it comes at the expense of wins.

I agree. Vogel essentially forfeited the game by keeping Drummond in for so long in crunch time. I don’t get the sense that winning these last 9 games is very important to the staff.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Close out games? Lol. They tried against the Kings on Friday and he got destroyed nearly every time down the floor on a pick and roll while the Kings basically ignored him on offense. He should have been benched far sooner than he was.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
ahaider wrote:
ocho wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I agree. Vogel essentially forfeited the game by keeping Drummond in for so long in crunch time. I don’t get the sense that winning these last 9 games is very important to the staff.

He forfeited the game by never playing Gasol again in the 2nd half, and playing lineups of Kief with Trezz instead of Trezz and Gasol.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

They throw him a lot of lobs. I can't tell if they expect him to get more vertical or if they think he will anchor well and come down with it.
buduan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

buduan wrote:
If they can land Drummond then the Lakers title hopes are still alive.

If they can't I expect them to lose in the WC playoffs.

Boy I need to amend this. Are they even going to make the playoffs?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

This guys is horrible. Either the front office is pushing drummond on Vogel or Vogel is being stubbornly idiotic in his coaching.

In doing so, they've alienated Gasol and we're back to not having a serviceable big. This post season will be another rush to get a big.

Were back to where we started.

Drummond is just not a good player. I don't want to see him wearing this jersey anymore
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
This guys is horrible. Either the front office is pushing drummond on Vogel or Vogel is being stubbornly idiotic in his coaching.

In doing so, they've alienated Gasol and we're back to not having a serviceable big. This post season will be another rush to get a big.

Were back to where we started.

Drummond is just not a good player. I don't want to see him wearing this jersey anymore

His tendency to miss the gimmies is very frustrating, I wonder why the FO was so quick to discussion extension with him in the off season.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't resign him unless he accepts the mMLE. Just hasn't produced or impacted important games the way he should be able to.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Both him and Trezz played harder on offense than AD, at least effortwise, but sometimes he makes boneheaded mistakes like McGee.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Theres a reason why he got bought out. It is because he is trash. Dwight would run circles around him.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I’m not going to bash the guy because at least he is playing hard out there. More than you can say for Davis.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 63 of 81
Jump to: