DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

UNFU**INGBELIEVABLE!

So we're without DS for all the remaining games and have to rely on an injured Lebron to run the entire offense.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Didn’t DS already miss time for COVID? How is he out for it again so quickly? Seems like all these guys would have easy access to vaccines

Man this season is cursed
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

0-5 this season without DS
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

Panic mode has officially commenced.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

welp, that's a wrap folks. see ya next season!

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dennis is going to be out 10-14 days.

I thought players were vaccinated? WTH? We can't afford to lose a key player right now.

He finally met a shot he didn't like.

*rim shot*

oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:03 am    Post subject:

can we do a DS sign and trade for lonzo? like if lonzo says he refuses to re-up with the pels?

we don't need a lot of scoring, we need SOME scoring, but more facilitating. seems lonzo might actually fit the bill these days? or do y'all think he'll wilt again under the pressure of being a Laker?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers guard Dennis Schroder is expected to miss 10-to-14 days due to health and safety protocols, sources tell me and @billoram. Schroder entered protocols on Sunday.

Is being irresponsible part of the $20M+?

Part of the responsibility and accountability to teammates and coaches is not doing stupid (bleep).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
can we do a DS sign and trade for lonzo? like if lonzo says he refuses to re-up with the pels?

we don't need a lot of scoring, we need SOME scoring, but more facilitating. seems lonzo might actually fit the bill these days? or do y'all think he'll wilt again under the pressure of being a Laker?

Lonzo is actually scoring at a decent clip. He’s also turned into a pretty good 3 point shooter on high volume.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:14 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Lakers guard Dennis Schroder is expected to miss 10-to-14 days due to health and safety protocols, sources tell me and @billoram. Schroder entered protocols on Sunday.

Part of the responsibility and accountability to teammates and coaches is not doing stupid (bleep).

AC who is considered an awesome person and teammate had to take time out.

Marc too.

Maybe COVID is just cruel?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Lonzo is actually scoring at a decent clip. He’s also turned into a pretty good 3 point shooter on high volume.

A double S&T? Good luck with that.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is another problem with not having the maturity and professionalism that we had last year. In the very midst of the pandemic, everyone kept their noses clean. This year, we have selfish idiots that care more about their YouTube channel and their fairy tale $20M / year contract than they do the season that we are in.

Things happen, yes (see Marc), but this is his 2nd stint out of the lineup this season.

This is sickening.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Oh no, the return of Lonzo
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

AC who is considered an awesome person and teammate had to take time out.

Marc too.

Maybe COVID is just cruel?

2nd time for Dennis. That’s why I made the irresponsible comment tbh.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

I wouldn't call Lonzo a great facilitator in the half court. But in the full court, sure.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is another problem with not having the maturity and professionalism that we had last year. In the very midst of the pandemic, everyone kept their noses clean. This year, we have selfish idiots that care more about their YouTube channel and their fairy tale $20M / year contract than they do the season that we are in.

Things happen, yes (see Marc), but this is his 2nd stint out of the lineup this season.

This is sickening.

Yep that’s my issue with it. It’s the 2nd time...maybe he got it filming something for his YouTube channel.

This is starting to look like 2019-20 Clippers with guys in and out of the Bubble and they ultimately paid the price for the unprofessional/checked out mentality.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

lol Dennis just ousted himself and Lebron as the only two players not to be vaccinated on the team. This has not been a good year for Lebron, PR wise.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is sickening.

Yep that’s my issue with it. It’s the 2nd time...maybe he got it filming something for his YouTube channel.

This is starting to look like 2019-20 Clippers with guys in and out of the Bubble and they ultimately paid the price for the unprofessional/checked out mentality.

Without any information, how are you making these assumptions? Seems a bit irresponsible, no?

I'd argue while LBJ/AD were out 20+ games, Dennis was one of the most locked in players, often playing hurt. Where were your cues of "unprofessional/checked out mentality then?

Last time I checked, the Lakers are 0-5 without Dennis so I think they understand his value (for those saying he losing him isn't much of a deal).
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

10-14 days, wonder if he actually caught it, and if he did, hope he is not showing symptoms
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is sickening.

Without any information, how are you making these assumptions? Seems a bit irresponsible, no?

I'd argue while LBJ/AD were out 20+ games, Dennis was one of the most locked in players, often playing hurt. Where were your cues of "unprofessional/checked out mentality then?

Last time I checked, the Lakers are 0-5 without Dennis so I think they understand his value (for those saying he losing him isn't much of a deal).

Lou Williams scored a ton and won the Clippers a ton of games last season when Kawhi and PG were getting preferential treatment...then he said (bleep) it and became lemon pepper Lou. Doesn’t take away from his on court contributions, but he was irresponsible.

Same idea with Dennis.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is sickening.

We flat out don’t know.

Could be he was fully vaccinated and got covid.
Could be he was halfway vaccinated and got covid.
Could be he was not vaccinated and got covid.
Could be a false positive.
Could be a true positive and he was reckless.
Could be a true positive and he wasn’t reckless.

It’s tough because of the timing but this season has been survival of the fittest. We have to roll with the punches just like everyone else. No time for us to be sorry for ourselves. I think we’ve had enough of that the past 7 games.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ycsnow23/status/1389249713979920386?s=21

German Article. Lebron and Schroder not vaccinated.

I don’t give a (bleep) if you do or don’t get vaccine. Personal choice tbh.

Just don’t be irresponsible.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Why did Dennis have to disclose that though? Lebron must be livid
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Counterpoint: you're a bad American if you don't get vaccinated if you're capable of getting the shot(s).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

LBJ not being vaccinated, well, where are the people piling on him and calling him not responsible/checking out? It's hard to win a ring without Dennis. It's IMPOSSIBLE without LBJ.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This is sickening.

Lou Williams scored a ton and won the Clippers a ton of games last season when Kawhi and PG were getting preferential treatment...then he said (bleep) it and became lemon pepper Lou. Doesn’t take away from his on court contributions, but he was irresponsible.

Same idea with Dennis.

I don't see how you compare the two. But it's ok. If you don't like Dennis, that's fine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 133, 134, 135 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 134 of 284
Jump to: