This year's Lakers team just doesn't have "it"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

Lebron James Instagram post, April 21, 2021:

kingjames
Verified
The weatherman says the weather is changing soon and it predicts a thunderstorm ⛈ ☔️ is coming. Folks prepare and take the proper caution ⚠️ ⛔️ measures to stay safe

Laker record since Lebron "Thunderstorm" James returned, 0-2 (both losses coming from teams who are out of the playoff hunt)
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Injuries derailed this year, problem is by the time they get back together they are going to have problems playing with each other, playoffs are not the time to figure out chemistry and lineup issues.

And the practice time is limited to non-existent with this condensed schedule. Not a good recipe for success.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

kingjames
Verified
The weatherman says the weather is changing soon and it predicts a thunderstorm ⛈ ☔️ is coming. Folks prepare and take the proper caution ⚠️ ⛔️ measures to stay safe

Laker record since Lebron "Thunderstorm" James returned, 0-2 (both losses coming from teams who are out of the playoff hunt)

Gentle breeze at the moment. Teams working on their tans against us.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
troy wrote:

kingjames
Verified

That gentle breeze is actually Dennis Schroeder coughing.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
troy wrote:

kingjames
Verified

13thOverallPick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

We missing a guy like Dwight Howard and Rondo. We seem to have no leader outside of Lebron atm sadly. Dwight Howard for energy of course.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

13thOverallPick wrote:
We missing a guy like Dwight Howard and Rondo. We seem to have no leader outside of Lebron atm sadly. Dwight Howard for energy of course.

swap rondo for DS and we are out of playoffs right now. IMO energy hasnt been the issue. Health has. Caruso, one of the best defenders in the league has been in and out. bron missed the most games of his career, AD needs to step up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
13thOverallPick wrote:

swap rondo for DS and we are out of playoffs right now. IMO energy hasnt been the issue. Health has. Caruso, one of the best defenders in the league has been in and out. bron missed the most games of his career, AD needs to step up.

I agree about missing Rondo's leadership.

But he's missed 40% of the season with injuries too. We wouldn't even be in the playoff discussion if we swapped him with Dennis (who has proven to be durable...just not from COVID).
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

In the end as long as the Celtics don't win it, it isn't all bad. That is the one team we cannot have win this thing.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
In the end as long as the Celtics don't win it, it isn't all bad. That is the one team we cannot have win this thing.

Normally but we have maybe 1 more year of upper echelon bron. We need rings.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

Clippers also.

We'd literally never hear the end of it.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Painful season. Thank god we won the title last year. It makes this miserable season more tolerable. I knew we were going to be challenged when we only got 71 days off in-between seasons. Injuries to our star players, acclimating new players and limited practice time (with starting 5) have done us in. It is what it is.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
13thOverallPick wrote:

I agree about missing Rondo's leadership.

But he's missed 40% of the season with injuries too. We wouldn't even be in the playoff discussion if we swapped him with Dennis (who has proven to be durable...just not from COVID).

The Lakers could use a couple of playmakers.
The whole team besides Lebron and a little of DS cannot create.
The may be this years downfall.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

Right and our best bet of denying the Celtics and Clippers from winning the title this year is probably the Brooklyn Nets. (Maybe Nuggets and Sixers too)

Sure Kyrie and KD were totally jealous of Lebron and AD’s success in last seasons title run and they weren’t afraid of hiding it in their “ podcast” but they have the best chance with their lethal offensive team.

In the end it’s always about the team and the Lakers franchise maintaining the “Most Championships” label being the most important.

Not KD’s 3 Cheap Rings to Lebron’s 4.
Kyrie tied with AD at 1 atm
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

As many of us remember, we looked horrendous during the bubble exhibition games. LeBron looked old, AD looked slow and disengaged, the role players stood around, we were settling for outside jumpers, turning the ball over, etc. It was really bad. Then when the playoffs started it just clicked.

Now, I don't believe this season is apples to apples. There were injuries, guys were in and out of the lineup, and also integrating and re-integrating players. But I do believe that once the playoffs start it's all business and focus. Trez, Kieff, and Ben will be on tighter leashes.

I expect Marc to finally get the minutes he deserves and for Vogel to actually start coaching like the season depends on it. Believe it or not, I want to see Wes back out there in place of Ben. Marc will be able to facilitate an offense and his presence will open up the floor for AD to operate. The defense will also be much improved.

I don't think the Lakers want to be in a play in scenario, however it might be inevitable if LeBron needs more time to heal. I do think we can get some nice wins this week. I expect AD will bring it and play more aggressive inside.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

kingjames
Verified

Yea...more like passing gas than any thunder.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
As many of us remember, we looked horrendous during the bubble exhibition games. LeBron looked old, AD looked slow and disengaged, the role players stood around, we were settling for outside jumpers, turning the ball over, etc. It was really bad. Then when the playoffs started it just clicked.

Now, I don't believe this season is apples to apples. There were injuries, guys were in and out of the lineup, and also integrating and re-integrating players. But I do believe that once the playoffs start it's all business and focus. Trez, Kieff, and Ben will be on tighter leashes.

I expect Marc to finally get the minutes he deserves and for Vogel to actually start coaching like the season depends on it. Believe it or not, I want to see Wes back out there in place of Ben. Marc will be able to facilitate an offense and his presence will open up the floor for AD to operate. The defense will also be much improved.

I don't think the Lakers want to be in a play in scenario, however it might be inevitable if LeBron needs more time to heal. I do think we can get some nice wins this week. I expect AD will bring it and play more aggressive inside.

Unless something shifts in a big way, this team is play-in bound. If the product on the court does not improve, they will not win any of the next 5 games.

They have to show more intensity and grit. Period.

Can they do it? Yes, I believe they can. Will they is a whole 'nother question. Put another way, their odds of avoiding a play in are decreasing each game. Meanwhile, their odds of ending up lottery bound are increasing (the fate of those who lose the play in games) each game as they play with poor defense.

If they can shake things up, starting tonight? I can see things improving, drastically.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

Talk about a useless trash team, they couldnt even help us by helping themselves and beating the Blazers.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Talk about a useless trash team, they couldnt even help us by helping themselves and beating the Blazers.

Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Clippers also.

I really don't want to see the clippers, Nets or sixes win a ring this year. Long shot, but if not us I much rather Phoenix or Utah get it. CP3 deserves one tbh. Dame should win one too but not if he's stuck in Portland...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I still really believe in the potential of this roster when fully healthy, especially with the addition of Drummond. Schroder has definitely been an asset for us, and we obviously need him if we're going to win the championship.

If we look at NBA history, key injuries are something that often prevent teams from repeating as champs. It's happened to the Lakers back in the day.

Either this is a cursed season, or there will be enough of an opening for us to repeat. Right now this team needs to get into playoff mode, otherwise they may lose in the first round.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
cthroatgtr wrote:

Clippers also.

I really don't want to see the clippers, Nets or sixes win a ring this year. Long shot, but if not us I much rather Phoenix or Utah get it. CP3 deserves one tbh. Dame should win one too but not if he's stuck in Portland...

If we don't reach the Finals, I'd be cool with the Nets winning the chip. Maybe KD and Kyrie getting another ring would motivate LeBron even more for next season.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject:

LeBron's problem isn't motivation, it's age and health.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

10 people played 100+ minutes for us last playoffs. 4 of them are gone now.
That mixed with the injuries. LBJ, AD, and Drummond have played less than 30 minutes together.
There's alot of uncertainty.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Painful season. Thank god we won the title last year. It makes this miserable season more tolerable. I knew we were going to be challenged when we only got 71 days off in-between seasons. Injuries to our star players, acclimating new players and limited practice time (with starting 5) have done us in. It is what it is.

Accurately summed up.

It is hard to watch, I know that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9
Jump to: