Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1049, 1050, 1051 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

With him - I think he's battling the mental aspect of the injury more than anything else.

Personally - I think this adversity is good for him. I'm not supportive of how he's playing. He's playing timid but I'm supportive of the outcome he's must have come to that they won't win if he's playing like this stylistically. Playing on the perimeter and allowing defenders to straight up challenge him and attack him when he's on the post.

The way he's playing won't win and I'm glad he's seeing that against lesser competition than continue these bad habits going into the postseason. To me - he just needs to challenge his inner Kobe - embrace his fear - embrace his doubts and play through it. I also think Vogel can support him by temporarily playing Marc as the starter to help get AD's rhythm back.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
With him - I think he's battling the mental aspect of the injury more than anything else.

Personally - I think this adversity is good for him. I'm not supportive of how he's playing. He's playing timid but I'm supportive of the outcome he's must have come to that they won't win if he's playing like this stylistically. Playing on the perimeter and allowing defenders to straight up challenge him and attack him when he's on the post.

The way he's playing won't win and I'm glad he's seeing that against lesser competition than continue these bad habits going into the postseason. To me - he just needs to challenge his inner Kobe - embrace his fear - embrace his doubts and play through it. I also think Vogel can support him by temporarily playing Marc as the starter to help get AD's rhythm back.

I'm wondering...is he indeed 100% physically healthy?

If so, you are right...I've been a huge, HUGE AD supporter. I can live with poor offensive nights as he tries to get timing back...but the defensive effort has been killing me. So dissapointed we are only seeing spurts of good defense versus what we saw last year.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Part of the problem is AD playing hard is him falling around out there like a baby giraffe going to the locker room or hitting the floor multiple times a game. I don’t think he is like Lebron where he can pace himself and turn it up, AD is either fully engaged or he looks like ass.

Maybe this is part of the process of him learning to play under more control.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject:

If we lose tonight due to AD's inept play, he deserves the wrath of LA Laker fans. He personally said he's 100% healthy, and he's had 6 games to get his timing and rhythm back. He's a franchise player making $40 million dollars PER SEASON, dammit.

#nomoreexcusesAD
#earnyourpaycheckAD
#proveyourvalueAD
#areyouaheroorzeroAD?
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
If we lose tonight due to AD's inept play, he deserves the wrath of LA Laker fans. He personally said he's 100% healthy, and he's had 6 games to get his timing and rhythm back. He's a franchise player making $40 million dollars PER SEASON, dammit.

#nomoreexcusesAD
#earnyourpaycheckAD
#proveyourvalueAD
#areyouaheroorzeroAD?

I have some bad news for you, AD is going to get absolutely killed tonight. If the Lakers win it won’t be because of AD it’ll be because denver let their guard down and let up. If denver plays to their current form we lose by at least 15 minimum tonight. AD was struggling to score on Okeke, let that give you some insight into tonight’s game. He barely put up 18 on YMCA level players just a week ago. Remember when Pau Gasol lost his mojo in 2011 vs the Mavs and Phil Jackson shoved him to snap out of it. AD is having a similar experience, his game has departed his body.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

No more excuse, MVP-DPOY combo AD needs to show up STAT
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Even when fullly healthy, he still seems extremely fragile. You just don't know when he might get hurt again. Maybe that's why he's been so tentative. He's afraid of getting hurt. This is who he really is and we just have to accept it. Signing the 5-year max was really good for him because he knew his body best.

He's injury-proned so he's trying to limit as much physical contact as possible. That's not what we want out of our max guy but it is what it is.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

#nomoreexcusesAD
#earnyourpaycheckAD
#proveyourvalueAD
#areyouaheroorzeroAD?

In terms of franchise players, Anthony might be the only one who's more of a finisher than shot creator. Jokic maybe slightly so, but he's MVP level and affects the game on so many levels.

What Anthony is though, is likely the best fit to LBJ's game among the stars. Hope he proves me wrong but hard to expect much out of him especially now that he's a shell of himself.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

AD better go off tonight or I’d be really disappointed. Milsap and AG will be guarding him.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Let’s face it guys. AD this year injured or not has been the most disappointing superstar level player the Lakers have ever had in our franchise’s history. Every other superstar has stepped up in adversity.

Magic, Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, etc…

Doesn’t this guy want his jersey retired up there?

He’s absolutely terrified of failing and is shrinking away from the limelight. Didn’t he know what the deal was coming to play for the Lakers?

So disappointed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Let’s face it guys. AD this year injured or not has been the most disappointing superstar level player the Lakers have ever had in our franchise’s history. Every other superstar has stepped up in adversity.

Magic, Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, etc…

Doesn’t this guy want his jersey retired up there?

He’s absolutely terrified of failing and is shrinking away from the limelight. Didn’t he know what the deal was coming to play for the Lakers?

So disappointed.

We don’t get last years ring without him so whatever he does the rest of his time as a laker is basically extra credit at this point. He won’t live up to past laker standards and that’s ok. He is a #2 superstar for a reason, he cannot carry a franchise on his own. If we don’t win another title with him it’s because the front office didn’t understand who he is.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I see a lot of criticism for a guy battling through an injury. Do y’all still think he’s a top 5 player?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
I see a lot of criticism for a guy battling through an injury. Do y’all still think he’s a top 5 player?

You have some Lakers “fans” seriously contemplating whether they would trade back a championship for a bunch of nice (but unlikely championship material) players. We are a spoiled fan base.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

You have some Lakers “fans” seriously contemplating whether they would trade back a championship for a bunch of nice (but unlikely championship material) players. We are a spoiled fan base.

Would you trade AD for Steph, Embiid, or Zion?
If AD is ever traded, that's the type of level player I expect coming back.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

AD is like Pau on steroids... he still needs his Kobe (LeBron).
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Heart of a champion. Today said a lot for me. He and LBJ are why I can’t count the Lakers out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

75%
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

There’s our guy
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

He found his 2020-21 season arcana. #FinishThem
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
troy wrote:

#nomoreexcusesAD
#earnyourpaycheckAD
#proveyourvalueAD
#areyouaheroorzeroAD?

I have some bad news for you, AD is going to get absolutely killed tonight. If the Lakers win it won’t be because of AD it’ll be because denver let their guard down and let up. If denver plays to their current form we lose by at least 15 minimum tonight. AD was struggling to score on Okeke, let that give you some insight into tonight’s game. He barely put up 18 on YMCA level players just a week ago. Remember when Pau Gasol lost his mojo in 2011 vs the Mavs and Phil Jackson shoved him to snap out of it. AD is having a similar experience, his game has departed his body.

How would you like your crow served, sir?

Raw is the usual.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Heart of a champion. Today said a lot for me. He and LBJ are why I can’t count the Lakers out.

This is what I personally needed to see.

It's just one game, but you build on that.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

This is exactly why I have remained positive. You don't cry and whine about the season being over when you have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA that just won a Championship last season on your team, period imo.

I agree 100% with people being frustrated and a bit disappointed lately for sure but to throw tantrums and act like the season over is kind of embarrassing as a Lakers fan.

I can guarantee no team is looking forward to playing us in the Playoffs.

And oh yeah, this AD guy is an absolute beast on both ends still and barely in his early prime...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
This is exactly why I have remained positive. You don't cry and whine about the season being over when you have 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA that just won a Championship last season on your team, period imo.

I agree 100% with people being frustrated and a bit disappointed lately for sure but to throw tantrums and act like the season over is kind of embarrassing as a Lakers fan.

And oh yeah, this AD guy is an absolute beast on both ends still and barely in his early prime...

Gotcha, I think very few actually were in the "we are done, forget it" category (as in more than an "in the moment" reaction); most I've seen post were in the naturally very wary / concerned category.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
hype wrote:

Gotcha, I think very few actually were in the "we are done, forget it" category (as in more than an "in the moment" reaction); most I've seen post were in the naturally very wary / concerned category.

It was pretty rough but if you think so cool.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This is what I personally needed to see.

It's just one game, but you build on that.

Agree it is only one game but I’m thrilled to finally see a spark of life from the team.

Very nice win, even if unexpected.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1049, 1050, 1051 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1050 of 1425
Jump to: