LeBron and Schroeder are only 2 players that haven’t been vaccinated

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject: LeBron and Schroeder are only 2 players that haven’t been vaccinated

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/n4092f/hayton_translation_from_a_german_article_with_an/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

No one cares .
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

It’s their personal choice but I’m also allowed to criticize them, the covid vaccine is both for yourself and to lessen the chance of you transmitting to other people by 70-95%. Go get vaccinated fellas, let’s beat this disease in US and open everything up safely
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
No one cares .

I would say as a fan I care indireclty.

Because DS is out on COVID protocol and if you get vaccinated, you don't have to quarantine due to exposure. Not to mention the NBA allows some lift of restrictions if 80% of the team is vaccinated.

Come playoff time you don't want that to happen. You don't want to be deep in a championship run and near game 7 of the finals and all the sudden be out due to COVID protocol. Unless a person can give a real good reason they can't have the vaccine (e.g. allergic reaction to the vaccine..not some conspiracy theory), it doesn't seem the risk are worth it.

Although it looks like in the interview DS wants to be vaccinated so its a good message.

Last edited by lar9149 on Mon May 03, 2021 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

It's a real shame he threw Lebron under the bus. Whatever, par for the course this season.
kwyitkilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
It’s their personal choice but I’m also allowed to criticize them, the covid vaccine is both for yourself and to lessen the chance of you transmitting to other people by 70-95%. Go get vaccinated fellas, let’s beat this disease in US and open everything up safely

Are we allowed to criticize you for thinking you can criticize others for making a PERSONAL choice?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

It's got to be legit if its from Reddit. Lol
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Not to be political, but I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to be vaccinated after what this virus did to so many people, just in the US alone. Too many anti-vaxxer Qnon conspiracy idiots out there saying that you will die, or they are putting a liquid microchip in you, etc. People believe anything they read, especially conspiracy nut jobs.....
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

Not to be political, but I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to be vaccinated after what this virus did to so many people, just in the US alone. Too many anti-vaxxer Qnon conspiracy idiots out there saying that you will die, or they are putting a liquid microchip in you, etc. People believe anything they read, especially conspiracy nut jobs.....

The reality is there's nothing political about what you just said, but yet it boggles my mind that there's a political proponent to getting vaccinated. Times are strange.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
No one cares .

Speak for yourself. I care A LOT.

We are in the midst of one of the greatest tragedies in US history, with nearly 600,000 officially dead and probably closer to 800 or 900,000. This has been accompanied by one of the worst recessions in our history, as well as devastating disruptions to children's education. And the way out of this is through vaccinations.

The African-American community has moderately high vaccine hesitancy, which is understandable given how how often the powers that be have violated that community's trust. But LeBron is in a position to know better. He has access to the best doctors that money can buy, as well as other national leaders such as Barack Obama.

He also just had a 6-week break from NBA games, in which he could have easily got 1 or 2 rounds of vaccines, without having to worry about possible side-effects slowing down his performance for a day or two.

LeBron has the power to single-handedly help promote greater vaccination among communities that listen to him, whether African-Americans or young people or basketball fans. By getting vaccinated publicly and urging others to do so, he could probably save scores of lives and help our nation recover from this devastating pandemic.

On the contrary, by letting it be known that he has not gotten vaccinated, he is giving moral support to millions of people who refuse to take the vaccine.

So yes, I care a lot.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

kwyitkilla wrote:
governator wrote:

Are we allowed to criticize you for thinking you can criticize others for making a PERSONAL choice?

Of course! Also, personal choice has consequences
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

The reality is there's nothing political about what you just said, but yet it boggles my mind that there's a political proponent to getting vaccinated. Times are strange.

The science says go get vaccinated. There’s a lot of politics involved in the anti-vac, both from the right, extreme left and black community
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
No one cares .

I am trying not to “go there“ because I don’t go there on message boards particularly not a sports message board. However I have very strong feelings about this. I kind of started into it yesterday in the game read when I had to post that Schröder was out on a second NBA health and safety protocol but I reeled myself in. But it is decidedly inaccurate to say no one cares.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
No one cares .

I am trying not to “go there“ because I don’t go there on message boards particularly not a sports message board. However I have very strong feelings about this. I kind of started into it yesterday in the game read when I had to post that Schröder was out on a second NBA health and safety protocol but I reeled myself in. But it is decidedly inaccurate to say no one cares.

I care that he's not on the floor and we will lose games because of that. Why is he not on the floor? protocol. Would he have been in protocol if he was vaccinated? No.
So his personal choice is really not a pure personal choice, it affects the team, it affects the fans.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

If either miss a game for testing positive then charge them their actual pay for every game missed..
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Seems like getting the virus has worse consequences than getting the vaccine
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
governator wrote:

Yes, there are conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers. But there are also a lot of people who didn't like the lack of thorough testing and who wanted to wait and see. The J&J mess didn't help. To be honest, my first reaction a few months ago was "I'll let someone else go first." Well, after a month or so, no one was turning into zombies, so I got my jabs. I didn't even have any side effects, though I never knew that Windows 10 had so many neat new features. I expect that a lot of people who have been on the fence will get vaccinated in the coming months.

Basketball players are just like everyone else when it comes to something like this. It's not surprising that some of them want to wait and see before getting vaccinated. In the course of time, most if not all of them will get their jabs.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
No one cares .

If LeBron has to miss 14 days in the middle of the Playoffs, you will care.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

One thing I'll give Lebron credit for is he must be staying super disciplined to avoid testing positive all this time without having gotten vaccinated and having an army of people around him at all times

It's still dicey for him to try that going into the playoffs, maybe he thinks the NBA would never actually hold him out because...he's Lebron
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: