Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Kuzma knew all along

I think all the players knew it, It's just Vogel that didn't
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Let's go, Marc! What a game. He totally showed us his worth tonight and gave us a preview of how useful he'll be come playoff time.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Marc will be very valuable in the playoffs where the settings is like how the game played earlier. Vogel just need to trust him more.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Marc needs to start with AD...

Vogel needs to let players earn their playing time. Let AD2 and Trez come off the bench. If we are being honest, we don't have the money to re-sign Drummond, so no use in trying to make him happy (he won't be happy losing the starting gig) at the expense of your team's success.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Gasol played well tonight and was a big reason they won.

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Gasol needs to play with Harrell. Kief is the only one that hasn't been able to play well at least once during this stretch.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
ocho wrote:
Will we learn the lesson this time?

Depends if Drummond gets into foul trouble...... #Vogel

Gasol can back up Drummond easily... Either Gasol/Trezz or Gasol/Morris 2nd unit line up depending on the match up.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

Also, Gasol has been bad most of the season and giving him playing time is not their key to winning games.

If you look at the advance stats he's not bad all season. lmfao.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201188/advanced/

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s
1.2 bpg ( leading the team)

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:

You would be the guy saying Longley was bad for the 3 peat Bulls, Horace was bad for the 01 Lakers, Bynum was bad in the playoffs when they went back to back, or Perk was bad for Boston
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
He may have played himself into shape this season, and he definitely stepped up after Drummond was signed but he really is exactly what we need to space the floor and just make smart basketball plays. Hopefully Vogel finally sees the light and plays him more and at the right times.

He played himself into shape every season of his career even overseas, expecting that to not happen was silly.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Love how gasol was telling guys where to go on offense
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Gasol will be needed, particularly in a series against Jokic.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers were trailing until Marc Gasol subbed in. Lakers ended up beating a really good Denver Nuggets team.

Imagine if Vogel had played Gasol against the scrub teams we just lost too in Sac and the Raptors...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

How can you say his bad with this advance stats? Maybe you are not watching most of the games.

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s

And he is the 2nd best playmaker on the team. The offense is more fluid with him on the court. Give me some facts that he is bad all season long?

I don't know why people here saying he's bad all season long when Lakers has a winning record whenever he played.

He’s a role player. He isn’t a good starting player anymore. Whether he plays or not doesn’t make a significant difference on wins and losses. I feel like people are forgetting that the benching was very recent and he had been playing in most of their losses this season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

We need to keep Marc engaged. Come playoff time, if we need a more traditional big man, Drummond and Harrell are liabilities. Gasol plays a style of ball that fits the half court execution that's required to advance in the playoffs.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s

He’s a role player. He isn’t a good starting player anymore. Whether he plays or not doesn’t make a significant difference on wins and losses. I feel like people are forgetting that the benching was very recent and he had been playing in most of their losses this season.

Says who? you? give me facts Give me his record when he's playing. Look if he has more loss than wins

Last edited by leking006 on Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I think we will need to choose between Drummond or Trezz if Vogel is forcing this issue. Marc is a better fit due to his shooting and experience. One of Trezz/Drummond will have to sit to let Marc play backup center (or maybe just play Trezz at “PF” for crying out loud).
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think we will need to choose between Drummond or Trezz if Vogel is forcing this issue. Marc is a better fit due to his shooting and experience. One of Trezz/Drummond will have to sit to let Marc play backup center (or maybe just play Trezz at “PF” for crying out loud).

What about Trez/Gasol and sit Kieff?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s

Recent?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolma01/gamelog/2021

Gasol benching happened 18 games ago. He’s only played 4 games since where he’s been a +5 despite it.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

+5 Net Rating
39.3% on 3s

Hard disagree there as far as significant difference when a guy like Morris is sucking minutes lately.. Back before he got Covid he was balling on both ends for a good 2 or so weeks at a role player level then came back and had a rough few games then started looking solid again which is about when Dre came.. Literally every time he got a chance since then he's looked great imo.

It's extremely evident on both ends that it flows better especially defensively. He might not put up gaudy stats but the impact is quite clear imo.

Like most have said he's played himself into shape like most of his recent seasons.

It's nice not having a complete defensive liability out there in the middle while also having some extremely needed playmaking on the other end.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
He may have played himself into shape this season, and he definitely stepped up after Drummond was signed but he really is exactly what we need to space the floor and just make smart basketball plays. Hopefully Vogel finally sees the light and plays him more and at the right times.

He played himself into shape every season of his career even overseas, expecting that to not happen was silly.

Yeah that's a fair point and likely because I didn't watch his teams closely in prior years. Regardless he's playing solid basketball and Vogel needs to find him minutes when matchups make sense. He should take Drummonds minutes when he's struggling (which he was in the game vs Nuggets tonight) instead of being relegated to spot minutes.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Gasol's highlights v Nugs:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/video/teams/lakers/2021/05/03/282611/1620106019257-marc-gasol-10-points-highlights-vs-denver-nuggets
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

James Worthy is right, Marc Gasol is like another floor general out there. He’s actually directing where players should be and because of that the Lakers don’t look lost. Lakers started getting lost again when he wasn’t out there during that stretch in the 4th and they just kept taking long jumpers.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Mon May 03, 2021 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

This guy has been ballin, if he can play like this in the playoffs it makes a whole lot of difference for us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 50 of 65
Jump to: