Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1050, 1051, 1052 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dembe
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

The level of hate that AD is getting on this board is ridiculous and shows what is wrong with the reporting of professional sport in general.

We are always complaining about the media, by putting players either on a pedestal or tearing them apart and yet we have the same stuff happening on this board.

What is wrong with our fans?

So were you relieved when AD signed the 5-year extension? Or were you disappointed?

Those extremes are simply not good. Find a middleground

We had a damn short break, AD was out for over 2 months and you guys expect Bubble AD.

AD will be fine and even if not this year, we won a damn championship with him playing a major role last year.

Criticize, Complain here and there and sure be emotional in the game, I know I am.

But don't be such spoiled brats and talk (bleep) about our players this way. Give them their damn respect.

It's so annoying to see our own Lakers Family tearing each other apart. Stop it and embrace the highs and the lows!

Let's go Lakers!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

People need to be realistic with our players. Especially AD and Lebron. I hope that they can find a way to get into playoff mode...but they both missed a lot of time and the team hasn’t had time to gel.

If they manage to turn this around then great but we shouldn’t hold it against them if they can’t...considering what we went through this season.

We didn’t have a lot of time before playoffs last year...but no team did...so it evened the playing field. Other of teams are far ahead of us this season in their ramp up. We are still trying to get AD and Lebron acclimated, and that’s not something that happens in a couple weeks...relative to where other playoff teams are at this point....we may not reach that point this season at all.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
We had a damn short break, AD was out for over 2 months and you guys expect Bubble AD.

And in the NBA Finals, he was already starting to hobble. There was a foot issue I believe. He was injured and underperformed to his standards in the playoff Finals.

So then he needs a break and recovery, which I think he took. However he was expecting to get into shape and play a lot later. Quick restart, cuts into recovery time, and instead of resting he is now hitting the floor and training full time again. If it were a real offseason, now you look at AD having a whole 6 more weeks to work with, and he could have installed a program. He came into camp looking like a guy who had not worked out over the break.

There is definitely some mental fatigue or coasting going on. Not saying there is not that with AD.

But, he has been catching up all season as well and dealing with serious issues with that leg. We should be thanking heavens he did not pull his Achilles. If that happens, not only was this season done, next years was likelt done as well. It was the end of the Bron-AD era. We may not win a title this year, but if AD escapes this season, we will have a shot at another title next year. That is very important to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:26 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
troy wrote:
If we lose tonight due to AD's inept play, he deserves the wrath of LA Laker fans. He personally said he's 100% healthy, and he's had 6 games to get his timing and rhythm back. He's a franchise player making $40 million dollars PER SEASON, dammit.

#nomoreexcusesAD
#earnyourpaycheckAD
#proveyourvalueAD
#areyouaheroorzeroAD?

I have some bad news for you, AD is going to get absolutely killed tonight. If the Lakers win it won’t be because of AD it’ll be because denver let their guard down and let up. If denver plays to their current form we lose by at least 15 minimum tonight. AD was struggling to score on Okeke, let that give you some insight into tonight’s game. He barely put up 18 on YMCA level players just a week ago. Remember when Pau Gasol lost his mojo in 2011 vs the Mavs and Phil Jackson shoved him to snap out of it. AD is having a similar experience, his game has departed his body.

Shut the (bleep) up, will you?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:41 am    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
troy wrote:
If we lose tonight due to AD's inept play, he deserves the wrath of LA Laker fans. He personally said he's 100% healthy, and he's had 6 games to get his timing and rhythm back. He's a franchise player making $40 million dollars PER SEASON, dammit.

#nomoreexcusesAD
#earnyourpaycheckAD
#proveyourvalueAD
#areyouaheroorzeroAD?

I have some bad news for you, AD is going to get absolutely killed tonight. If the Lakers win it won’t be because of AD it’ll be because denver let their guard down and let up. If denver plays to their current form we lose by at least 15 minimum tonight. AD was struggling to score on Okeke, let that give you some insight into tonight’s game. He barely put up 18 on YMCA level players just a week ago. Remember when Pau Gasol lost his mojo in 2011 vs the Mavs and Phil Jackson shoved him to snap out of it. AD is having a similar experience, his game has departed his body.

Actually we won because of AD tonight...I have been a critic of AD being very timid since his return but it appears he found his groove tonight. But to say AD's game has departed is laughable and something you would expect a poster to say with less then 150 posts to his name. Ignorance.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject:

AD is close to his usual self. He keeps harping in his postgame interviews that he's not worried about the achilles/calf, but I don't believe him. Until last night he was slow on defense and settled for jumpers. He seemed to feel comfortable last night and it showed. I think he's going to continue to ramp up which is a great sign.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
AD is close to his usual self. He keeps harping in his postgame interviews that he's not worried about the achilles/calf, but I don't believe him. Until last night he was slow on defense and settled for jumpers. He seemed to feel comfortable last night and it showed. I think he's going to continue to ramp up which is a great sign.

The PT staff was working on his calf/ankle during every break and dude was flexing/stretching it constantly on the floor. He doesn't seem to be 100% just yet.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

If my lip reading skills are on par, it looked like he shouted 'I'm Back' after hitting that runner in the paint late in the 4th.

Nice to see him step it up on both sides of the court last night.

BOUT TIME!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Mamba AD is the best AD.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

AD just did AMA on Reddit if anyone is interested
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

AD was signed to be the next team leader. TBH I don't think he has the goods. IMO he's a Robin, we need a Batman. With Bron down now is the time to show he has what it takes to lead this team.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AD was signed to be the next team leader. TBH I don't think he has the goods. IMO he's a Robin, we need a Batman. With Bron down now is the time to show he has what it takes to lead this team.

Even if AD turns into the team leader, from a basketball perspective we still need an All-Star guard to pair with him post-LBJ.

The way the game is played nowadays, we can't simply dump the ball to AD and expect him to do his thing. He won't be the "1A", at least not offensively.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Even if AD turns into the team leader, from a basketball perspective we still need an All-Star guard to pair with him post-LBJ.

The way the game is played nowadays, we can't simply dump the ball to AD and expect him to do his thing. He won't be the "1A", at least not offensively.

AD's not physical enough. He's not a banger, that's not his game. Cap wasn't physical but his skyhook made being that way somewhat unnecessary and he was a good rim protector. We're really seeing how important was Rondo to winning the Larry O'Brien. IMO Dennis is good but not good enough.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6cc4b7649bc1480b68b4991e0c24794e/tenor.gif

Last edited by kikanga on Thu May 06, 2021 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Ad kinda sucks if he is the main guy. We are ADs Pelicans without Lebron
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

He’s done tonight. Was at least looking forward to seeing him get comfortable.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
He’s done tonight. Was at least looking forward to seeing him get comfortable.

Marcus Morris was bullying him physically. And with Drummond clogging the paint. He was happy to settle for fadeaways far from the hoop.

In fairness, he made those shots last playoffs.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Anthony "Mr Glass" Davis

Kiss my Converse.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

We are stuck with his soft ass and Lebron mailing it in
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
Anthony "Mr Glass" Davis

I taught his foot just hit the signage. Dam didn't think it was that bad.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

If it's taking this long to evaluate him after tweaking his ankle, it has to be a bad sign.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If it's taking this long to evaluate him after tweaking his ankle, it has to be a bad sign.

Naw, just soft
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Kiss my Converse.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Naw, just soft

AD is weak af.

Kiss my Converse.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Before someone tells me to play after turning an ankle, I don't get paid 30 million a year
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1050, 1051, 1052 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1051 of 1425
Jump to: