Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll 561,000)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 12659

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Kids ages 12-15 can get the Pfizer vaccine starting next week.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38452
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.


Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.


Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

So perhaps I’m rejecting the microchip.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 5940
Location: My own little piece of reality

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.


Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.


Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

So perhaps I’m rejecting the microchip.


Oh no, how will we locate you when the mothership/comet arrives?
_________________
“There is always light if only we're brave enough to see it, if only we're brave enough to be it.” --Amanda Gorman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 2946
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Apparently, I have Moderna arm.


A Moderna arm for a modern man.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55878
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
I got an emergency alert on my phone today from LA County offering anybody age 16+ a free vaccine with no appointment needed.

I got that also. Great! IMO the way to beat this pandemic is to vaccinate.



Whoever thought of making COVID19 an emergency alert is really thinking out of the box. More should be that creative. Trump's gone, Biden's on his job and many are following suit. I'm really confident we're gonna beat this thing. LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88472
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.


Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.


Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

So perhaps I’m rejecting the microchip.


Oh no, how will we locate you when the mothership/comet arrives?


The mothership is old, and transmitting in 3g.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38452
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.


Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.


Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

So perhaps I’m rejecting the microchip.


Oh no, how will we locate you when the mothership/comet arrives?


The mothership is old, and transmitting in 3g.


It's actually a "hot spot" on my arm...so perhaps it's the other way around. Maybe I'm activated and transmitting 5g data from the people around me.

This all beginning to make sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88472
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.


Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.


Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

So perhaps I’m rejecting the microchip.


Oh no, how will we locate you when the mothership/comet arrives?


The mothership is old, and transmitting in 3g.


It's actually a "hot spot" on my arm...so perhaps it's the other way around. Maybe I'm activated and transmitting 5g data from the people around me.

This all beginning to make sense.


If you can learn to control it, it will make dollars.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55878
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

Whatever the outcome of this pandemic I think there will be a new norm. I envision masks being worn in public by many, me for one, for a while after the all-clear.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 2056

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

This is really surprising and seems quite hopeful overall. Plenty of reasons to be wary.

Taking ‘Extraordinary Measures,’ Biden Backs Suspending Vaccine Patents

Quote:
But the activists said a waiver alone would not increase the world’s vaccine supply. It must be accompanied by a process known as “tech transfer,” in which patent holders supply technical know-how and personnel. Activists are also demanding that Mr. Biden use his leverage to ensure that manufacturing is scaled up around the globe, and not just by the pharmaceutical companies that now hold the patents.

“No U.S.T.R. has made a pronouncement like this,” said Asia Russell, the executive director of Health GAP, a global AIDS treatment advocacy group, using the acronym for the trade representative. “And now the actions have to match the words.”

The United States’ announcement is only one step toward a potential international agreement on suspending intellectual property rights. Negotiating the fine print of an agreement that satisfies countries around the world is a tall order. If an agreement can be reached at the World Trade Organization, it is far from clear what would happen next.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48352
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Got my second Moderna vaccine this morning. The first one was completely painless and had almost no soreness later. But this one I felt a bit when. I got the injection and I have had a tad bit of soreness since, but nothing really. No other side effects . . . so far anyway. Curious as to if i'll feel anything later tonight.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 9916
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Took the J&J shot last Monday. Spent that night nursing a hellish f'n headache, although I've always been migraine prone because of my bad bite, so I knew it would hit me pretty hard. Also experienced momentary chills and a light fever that night. Still felt somewhat (bleep) by Tuesday, but it began to lighten considerably after the 24 hr period. By Wednesday I felt back to normal. Didn't get any soreness on my arm, which was nice. My folks took the Pfizer one, and their symptoms were much more mild, but they say they experienced considerable soreness, especially after the 1st dose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23490
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Got my second Moderna vaccine this morning. The first one was completely painless and had almost no soreness later. But this one I felt a bit when. I got the injection and I have had a tad bit of soreness since, but nothing really. No other side effects . . . so far anyway. Curious as to if i'll feel anything later tonight.


If you're going to get any side effects, I'd imagine they have started by now. Hopefully you are impervious!
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48352
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Got my second Moderna vaccine this morning. The first one was completely painless and had almost no soreness later. But this one I felt a bit when. I got the injection and I have had a tad bit of soreness since, but nothing really. No other side effects . . . so far anyway. Curious as to if i'll feel anything later tonight.


If you're going to get any side effects, I'd imagine they have started by now. Hopefully you are impervious!


Not too impervious. The arm is starting to hurt quite a bit. I can't lift my elbow past shoulder height right now. Other than that, I'm good.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 38452
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Got my second Moderna vaccine this morning. The first one was completely painless and had almost no soreness later. But this one I felt a bit when. I got the injection and I have had a tad bit of soreness since, but nothing really. No other side effects . . . so far anyway. Curious as to if i'll feel anything later tonight.


If you're going to get any side effects, I'd imagine they have started by now. Hopefully you are impervious!


Took me a day before I felt them. Then the Covid/Moderna arm thing was actually a few days later after that. Still there slightly from last Friday but barely now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18729
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Took the J&J shot last Monday. Spent that night nursing a hellish f'n headache, although I've always been migraine prone because of my bad bite, so I knew it would hit me pretty hard. Also experienced momentary chills and a light fever that night. Still felt somewhat (bleep) by Tuesday, but it began to lighten considerably after the 24 hr period. By Wednesday I felt back to normal. Didn't get any soreness on my arm, which was nice. My folks took the Pfizer one, and their symptoms were much more mild, but they say they experienced considerable soreness, especially after the 1st dose.


When is your funeral?
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23490
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I guess we're all different. My arm soreness was never too bad on either shot. But about 10 hours after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I did have the 4+ hours of body aches and that warm/chills feeling, but I still consider myself lucky that it wasn't worse than that.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48352
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I guess we're all different. My arm soreness was never too bad on either shot. But about 10 hours after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I did have the 4+ hours of body aches and that warm/chills feeling, but I still consider myself lucky that it wasn't worse than that.


I'm one of those people who apparently has had weird flu immunity. I've become sick in other ways—I had a pretty bad case of pneumonia several years ago. But flu hasn't been an issue for me—I had it once about 20 years ago—and I usually never get a flu vaccine. That's not an anti-vax thing, I just don't get around to it other than a few times when my kids were little and their doctor said, "and how about one for Dad since he's here". Though I'm getting older now, so I probably need to be more proactive when it comes to the flu.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23490
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
I guess we're all different. My arm soreness was never too bad on either shot. But about 10 hours after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I did have the 4+ hours of body aches and that warm/chills feeling, but I still consider myself lucky that it wasn't worse than that.


I'm one of those people who apparently has had weird flu immunity. I've become sick in other ways—I had a pretty bad case of pneumonia several years ago. But flu hasn't been an issue for me—I had it once about 20 years ago—and I usually never get a flu vaccine. That's not an anti-vax thing, I just don't get around to it other than a few times when my kids were little and their doctor said, "and how about one for Dad since he's here". Though I'm getting older now, so I probably need to be more proactive when it comes to the flu.


Same, I think I've had one flu during my entire adult life. I also have never gotten the flu vaccine. Of course, the doctor encouraged me to get the flu vaccine when I got the COVID vaccine.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 9916
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Took the J&J shot last Monday. Spent that night nursing a hellish f'n headache, although I've always been migraine prone because of my bad bite, so I knew it would hit me pretty hard. Also experienced momentary chills and a light fever that night. Still felt somewhat (bleep) by Tuesday, but it began to lighten considerably after the 24 hr period. By Wednesday I felt back to normal. Didn't get any soreness on my arm, which was nice. My folks took the Pfizer one, and their symptoms were much more mild, but they say they experienced considerable soreness, especially after the 1st dose.


When is your funeral?


I didn't get the platinum package.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject:

This article is insightful
Millions Are Saying No to the Vaccines. What Are They Thinking?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19908

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't believe herd immunity is the answer, I believe vaccinations are. Also one's immune system plays a very large part.

I haven't had so much as a headache in so long I don't remember when it was. I do remember the last time I got sick I was bedridden for 2 days at the Kaiser facility on Caddilac. I had a COPD episode. That was years ago.

GET VACCINATED


Also drink 2 fingers of Hennessy before bedtime nightly. jk


Lengthwise measurement of the middle finger, not the width.

I like Hennessy nyac, too, Jode. We're simpatico on the nyac.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 934

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

<snip>

Lengthwise measurement of the middle finger, not the width.


Every time I tried that with a bartender I ended up getting my face served the sidewalk outside the bar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19908

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

<snip>

Lengthwise measurement of the middle finger, not the width.


Every time I tried that with a bartender I ended up getting my face served the sidewalk outside the bar.


Only try that for VSOP at minimum.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Mar 2012
Posts: 20048

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

Got Pfizer #2 yesterday at 9 AM. Felt fine, and then sides started to hit about 5-6 hours later. Mainly fatigue/tiredness/heaviness - Slept a ton last night. Was actually too tired to watch the Lakers/Dodgers games yest (prob a good thing). Overall, I'm feeling much better today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243, 244, 245  Next
Page 242 of 245
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB