The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1562, 1563, 1564 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
markjay wrote:
Uggh. From the Schroder thread. Translation of a German article, which quotes Schroder as saying that he and LeBron aren't vaccinated. Very disappointing if true.

https://twitter.com/ycsnow23/status/1389249713979920386?s=21

Actually what is more disappointing is Schroder disclosing this likely against LeBron’s wishes. If he really told the entire world that Bron has yet to get vaccinated this season is over. The heat Bron will get will be huge. Why would he betray a teammate like that? If true, goodbye Dennis and goodbye season cause no way this doesn’t destroy what little chemistry they have.

This would seal his Laker fate.

No way we even entertain the idea of bringing him back if he did this against LBJ's wishes. LBJ is free to do as he pleases (free country), so I don't take issue with his decision for his own personal life, but DS is way wrong for outing that information.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Tonight's game is going to tell us a lot about whether this team will be a contender or not.

Not necessarily that we have our full squad, but rather they have a competitive spirit. If they crumple like a cheap lawn chair, then yes, maybe we are doomed. If they fight, and even if they can't win, that shows we aren't out until we are out.

I would actually feel better about their competitive spirit without Davis in there. His energy and body language has been horrible since coming back. We were actually playing inspired with the two main guys out, holding down the fort on defense. Both AD's have changed our identity since coming in.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Tonight's game is going to tell us a lot about whether this team will be a contender or not.

Not necessarily that we have our full squad, but rather they have a competitive spirit. If they crumple like a cheap lawn chair, then yes, maybe we are doomed. If they fight, and even if they can't win, that shows we aren't out until we are out.

I would actually feel better about their competitive spirit without Davis in there. His energy and body language has been horrible since coming back. We were actually playing inspired with the two main guys out, holding down the fort on defense. Both AD's have changed our identity since coming in.

Yeah since AD's return I see no sense of urgency, thus rubbing off on others. When your star player is lackadaisical it just creates a culture that enables bad habits. It's actually something that can be fixed easily, but AD has to see it within himself.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

McMenamin said that Lebron felt "sharp pain" in both games. That's far different than the "soreness" that was reported.

Sharp pain implies reaggravation rather than tight tissues getting reacclimated. My pessimism is up there, that's for sure.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
McMenamin said that Lebron felt "sharp pain" in both games. That's far different than the "soreness" that was reported.

Sharp pain implies reaggravation rather than tight tissues getting reacclimated. My pessimism is up there, that's for sure.

Vogel said soreness and we heard right from the horses mouth saying it was sore. I believe McMenamin is reporting accurately on what he was told, but sounds like some PR thing. Those are two vastly different things.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

High ankle sprains can be brutal and linger forever. We might be seriously screwed. Because with Schroeder out, we can't really afford to sit Lebron and still make the playoffs.

He pretty much has to nut up and play through it.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
High ankle sprains can be brutal and linger forever. We might be seriously screwed. Because with Schroeder out, we can't really afford to sit Lebron and still make the playoffs.

I'd rather put him on ice for the rest of the season, even though it means forfeiting the season. We still have him for a few more years.

I'd rather not have a permanently hobbled LBJ, essentially forfeiting the near future entirely.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:

I'd rather put him on ice for the rest of the season, even though it means forfeiting the season. We still have him for a few more years.

I'd rather not have a permanently hobbled LBJ, essentially forfeiting the near future entirely.

We are gonna need to target a reliable scoring option in the off season cause I don’t think we can rely on LeBron anymore as previously before because he’s been getting hurt way to much since he’s got here, hopefully a miracle happens and Bradley Beal or Chris Paul become available.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Healing from a major injury at age 36 and coming back the same, even if you're King James, doesn't really happen.. does it?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James did not suffer a setback with his ankle last night against Toronto, but Frank Vogel said they decided to hold him out for this 2nd night of a back to back. LeBron said the ankle was sore in the 2nd half of both games, and he's day-to-day moving forward.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1389374920509906944
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James did not suffer a setback with his ankle last night against Toronto, but Frank Vogel said they decided to hold him out for this 2nd night of a back to back. LeBron said the ankle was sore in the 2nd half of both games, and he's day-to-day moving forward.

That's great news.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

We are gonna need to target a reliable scoring option in the off season cause I don’t think we can rely on LeBron anymore as previously before because he’s been getting hurt way to much since he’s got here, hopefully a miracle happens and Bradley Beal or Chris Paul become available.

I honestly think Lebron is the only player in the entire league who can win a ring with just Anthony as the other star.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

I honestly think Lebron is the only player in the entire league who can win a ring with just Anthony as the other star.

Only if he’s 100% which is unlikely to happen anymore due to mileage, it also isn’t good that AD is so prone to injuries which means we can’t rely on him.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

This is smart. But it also means we might be screwed, because we have a whole bunch of b2b left this year.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is at 49,999 regular season minutes. He'll join a prestigious club in his next game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Would you guys sit lebron Thursday and play him against POR?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Would you guys sit lebron Thursday and play him against POR?

I have a feeling that’s why he’s sitting tonight. They need him for both games.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn’t be surprised if LeBron sat vs clippers. Helps them get #3 so we can avoid the clippers until WCF if we get there
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Expected to miss Thurs and Fri

Woj: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1389671847575293960?s=21
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

No bueno.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Ouch. Hopefully the team can continue their play from last night. Gonna need to stay at 6 or above, especially since the Warriors are most likely going to be 7/8. Don't wanna go into a play in against Steph.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Ouch. Hopefully the team can continue their play from last night. Gonna need to stay at 6 or above, especially since the Warriors are most likely going to be 7/8. Don't wanna go into a play in against Steph.

Yep pretty much a toss up whether or not he'll drop 50 points.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Well that's frustrating. At first it was "soreness", then it was reported to be "sharp pain", then back to "soreness".

Well done Solomon Hill.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

If we were in the playoffs you better bet he would be playing, the Clippers have been resting Kawhi this year with various injuries we can do the same with the LeBron.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

I would just sit him the next three games and pray that we get the Nuggets in the first round so he could use that series to get himself acclimated. The Mavs will take care of the Clits for us in the first round.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1562, 1563, 1564 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1563 of 2079
Jump to: