The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1563, 1564, 1565 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, they shouldn’t have rushed him back. If the playoffs were tomorrow he’d no doubt lace em up extra tight and still give it a go. Imo, play-in or not, just keep Bron benched till the playoffs start.

More details on the injury/pain via Woj:

Quote:
It is possible James could miss more games, sources said, as he works through discomfort in a right ankle that kept him out six weeks until a brief two-game return that included home losses to Toronto and Sacramento over the weekend.

James and the Lakers will continue to evaluate the injury, and proceed cautiously as the Lakers ramp up for the postseason, sources said.

James has experienced some trouble making hard cuts and exploding since his return from six weeks on the sidelines with the injury, sources said.

Hopefully in the meantime, AD can back to his ways without shouldering too much of the load and possibly aggravating that Achilles/calf strain.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Something doesn't sound right. The ankle could be worse than they are saying. There's no reason why he couldn't play against Portland on Friday. That would be 4 days off.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Play the same defense as nuggets game and we win both
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

2013 vibes
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Yeah, they shouldn’t have rushed him back. If the playoffs were tomorrow he’d no doubt lace em up extra tight and still give it a go. Imo, play-in or not, just keep Bron benched till the playoffs start.

More details on the injury/pain via Woj:

Quote:
It is possible James could miss more games, sources said, as he works through discomfort in a right ankle that kept him out six weeks until a brief two-game return that included home losses to Toronto and Sacramento over the weekend.

James and the Lakers will continue to evaluate the injury, and proceed cautiously as the Lakers ramp up for the postseason, sources said.

James has experienced some trouble making hard cuts and exploding since his return from six weeks on the sidelines with the injury, sources said.

Hopefully in the meantime, AD can back to his ways without shouldering too much of the load and possibly aggravating that Achilles/calf strain.

Quote:

I hate reading the specific examples for some reason. Just makes it sound so much worse.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Ouch. Hopefully the team can continue their play from last night. Gonna need to stay at 6 or above, especially since the Warriors are most likely going to be 7/8. Don't wanna go into a play in against Steph.

We’ll still get another game to make it as an 8th seed if we lose to the Warriors. We’ll play the winner between 9th/10th seed.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Ouch. Hopefully the team can continue their play from last night. Gonna need to stay at 6 or above, especially since the Warriors are most likely going to be 7/8. Don't wanna go into a play in against Steph.

We’ll still get another game to make it as an 8th seed if we lose to the Warriors. We’ll play the winner between 9th/10th seed.

Would be hilarious if lonzo and the pelicans beat us in that game
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

I’m not sure if hilarious is the word I would use to describe LG if that were to occur.

New Orleans won’t make the play in game so it’s really a moot point.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
2013 vibes

It reminds me more of 2011. We were coming off 3 straight Finals and the team was on fumes. Artest's foot speed seemed to fall off a cliff overnight. We signed Steve Blake and Matt Barnes to improve our team similar to our new additions this year. Like Lebron, Kobe had a high ankle sprain against Dallas towards the end of the season and Kobe being Kobe barely sat out IIRC.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Tue May 04, 2021 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Something doesn't sound right. The ankle could be worse than they are saying. There's no reason why he couldn't play against Portland on Friday. That would be 4 days off.

I don’t see how a few games off fixes this.

I think he saw us sliding in the standings and forced his way back early. Just like with his groin, Lebron was super man for so long he doesn’t know how to manage serious injuries.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

I’m not sure if hilarious is the word I would use to describe LG if that were to occur.

New Orleans won’t make the play in game so it’s really a moot point.

Lonzo love in the house...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like lebron can’t be worse by playing, but he probably won’t be 100% anyways. If he doesn’t get better, surgery can be an option.
Based on the limited actions we saw from him, you can tell he doesn’t have his elevation yet. The good thing is that there are no back to backs in the playoffs, and I am sure Lebron will play if the injury can’t get worse, but we shouldn’t be expecting a Superman lebron like last season

(bleep) U SOLOMON HILL
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

High Ankle sprains are no joke. They impact stability in a different way compared with lower ankle sprains. It took me a year to recover from mine even with PT at UCLA medical. (And yes, I am not Lebron, $$, etc...but I speak from experience in terms of their differences.)
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers need to shut down Lebron for remainder of season. If we start the playoffs, regardless of position, with a hobbled Lebron, we're likely out quickly anyway.

Two more weeks left. Let Lebron rest for those 2 weeks and tell Anthony Davis to earn his paycheck.

Meantime, Rob needs to send Dennis S. packing after this season. He's selfish and arrogant.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Lakers need to shut down Lebron for remainder of season. If we start the playoffs, regardless of position, with a hobbled Lebron, we're likely out quickly anyway.

Two more weeks left. Let Lebron rest for those 2 weeks and tell Anthony Davis to earn his paycheck.

Meantime, Rob needs to send Dennis S. packing after this season. He's selfish and arrogant.

Totally and I have really liked Schroder all year. Here is the thing, and I am not being political. If you don't want the vaccine, that's your prerogative, but expect to be singled out. I already see it in my work, kids school etc., those that don't may not be included with others. BUT, for Schroder, he's a pro athlete traveling from city to city, I would assume, 90% of the NBA is vaccinated. The problem here is, this has happened TWICE!!!!! Not once, twice. So, he is careless and obviously stupid. Are you maskless hanging out with those that are not vaccinated? Then you are an idiot.....
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:

Totally and I have really liked Schroder all year. Here is the thing, and I am not being political. If you don't want the vaccine, that's your prerogative, but expect to be singled out. I already see it in my work, kids school etc., those that don't may not be included with others. BUT, for Schroder, he's a pro athlete traveling from city to city, I would assume, 90% of the NBA is vaccinated. The problem here is, this has happened TWICE!!!!! Not once, twice. So, he is careless and obviously stupid. Are you maskless hanging out with those that are not vaccinated? Then you are an idiot.....

Agree with both of you guys 1000% and let’s not forget DS turning down our max contract extension of 84 million 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Sure his talent is phenomenal and the bond he created with AD and Lebron is something special but there’s only soo much Rob and company can do before being forced to look for his replacement.

Losing him and his bird rights wouldn’t be great but I got a feeling we can lure someone else to come here and play with AD and Lebron
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Not getting vaccinated is a choice. Get rid of him because his priorities don’t align with team but not because he’s selfish
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:

Agree with both of you guys 1000% and let’s not forget DS turning down our max contract extension of 84 million 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Sure his talent is phenomenal and the bond he created with AD and Lebron is something special but there’s only soo much Rob and company can do before being forced to look for his replacement.

Losing him and his bird rights wouldn’t be great but I got a feeling we can lure someone else to come here and play with AD and Lebron

Unless it is someone for MLE, we don’t have much of a choice? I would retain him for sure with the mind of trading him for a better player if possible
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:

Unless it is someone for MLE, we don’t have much of a choice? I would retain him for sure with the mind of trading him for a better player if possible

Yup. No more letting assets go for nothing.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Tue May 04, 2021 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:

Hoping both sides can come to some agreement.
Maybe a sign an Trade if Dennis is really going for 30 million a year....... 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:

The two main areas that will kill a franchise's progress are horrible draft choices, especially if a team has drafted high, and allowing assets like DS to leave for nothing. Can't do it!
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
troy wrote:

The two main areas that will kill a franchise's progress are horrible draft choices, especially if a team has drafted high, and allowing assets like DS to leave for nothing. Can't do it!

Hoping the Suns gets demolished by someone besides the Lakers making CP3 wanting to bolt. Sign and trade Dennis and some other assets for CP3 to finally be a Laker lol.

It’s a slow Tuesday for me at work so forgive me and my Green filled pipe dream
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

As for Woj’s report I’m pretty sure there’s some truth to Lebron being a bit sore and him not suiting up for these upcoming games as a precaution.

As of his IG live a couple hours ago he’s still in the gym grinding like a maniac and then
opening up his packaged gift from Jay-Z, a bottle of some $50k cognac.

Lebron will be fine, if the playoffs started this weekend he would be playing.
We just gotta hold down the spot until then
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

It's interesting how AD, who is supposedly soft and brittle, has had no aftereffects from an Achilles injury, while LeBron, who is supposedly indestructible, has now aggravated his ankle injury.

I know LeBron is 36, but his injury was less serious or concerning than AD's injury, right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1563, 1564, 1565 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1564 of 2079
Jump to: