Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Kids ages 12-15 can get the Pfizer vaccine starting next week.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.

Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

So perhaps I’m rejecting the microchip.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 1:06 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

Saturday I had joint aches, fatigue and a couple moments of chills. Didn't have any of that on the first shot. Sunday felt close to normal. Back to usual self today.

Apparently, I have Moderna arm. Got a small rash/hot spot on my bicep. It’s actually noticeably warmer than the rest of the arm.

Oh no, how will we locate you when the mothership/comet arrives?
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 4:39 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Apparently, I have Moderna arm.

A Moderna arm for a modern man.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:59 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
32 wrote:
I got an emergency alert on my phone today from LA County offering anybody age 16+ a free vaccine with no appointment needed.

I got that also. Great! IMO the way to beat this pandemic is to vaccinate.

Whoever thought of making COVID19 an emergency alert is really thinking out of the box. More should be that creative. Trump's gone, Biden's on his job and many are following suit. I'm really confident we're gonna beat this thing. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

The mothership is old, and transmitting in 3g.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

It's actually a "hot spot" on my arm...so perhaps it's the other way around. Maybe I'm activated and transmitting 5g data from the people around me.

This all beginning to make sense.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
SweetP wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Second shot today.

It's actually a "hot spot" on my arm...so perhaps it's the other way around. Maybe I'm activated and transmitting 5g data from the people around me.

This all beginning to make sense.

If you can learn to control it, it will make dollars.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

Whatever the outcome of this pandemic I think there will be a new norm. I envision masks being worn in public by many, me for one, for a while after the all-clear.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

This is really surprising and seems quite hopeful overall. Plenty of reasons to be wary.

Taking ‘Extraordinary Measures,’ Biden Backs Suspending Vaccine Patents

Quote:
But the activists said a waiver alone would not increase the world’s vaccine supply. It must be accompanied by a process known as “tech transfer,” in which patent holders supply technical know-how and personnel. Activists are also demanding that Mr. Biden use his leverage to ensure that manufacturing is scaled up around the globe, and not just by the pharmaceutical companies that now hold the patents.

“No U.S.T.R. has made a pronouncement like this,” said Asia Russell, the executive director of Health GAP, a global AIDS treatment advocacy group, using the acronym for the trade representative. “And now the actions have to match the words.”

The United States’ announcement is only one step toward a potential international agreement on suspending intellectual property rights. Negotiating the fine print of an agreement that satisfies countries around the world is a tall order. If an agreement can be reached at the World Trade Organization, it is far from clear what would happen next.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Got my second Moderna vaccine this morning. The first one was completely painless and had almost no soreness later. But this one I felt a bit when. I got the injection and I have had a tad bit of soreness since, but nothing really. No other side effects . . . so far anyway. Curious as to if i'll feel anything later tonight.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Took the J&J shot last Monday. Spent that night nursing a hellish f'n headache, although I've always been migraine prone because of my bad bite, so I knew it would hit me pretty hard. Also experienced momentary chills and a light fever that night. Still felt somewhat (bleep) by Tuesday, but it began to lighten considerably after the 24 hr period. By Wednesday I felt back to normal. Didn't get any soreness on my arm, which was nice. My folks took the Pfizer one, and their symptoms were much more mild, but they say they experienced considerable soreness, especially after the 1st dose.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Got my second Moderna vaccine this morning. The first one was completely painless and had almost no soreness later. But this one I felt a bit when. I got the injection and I have had a tad bit of soreness since, but nothing really. No other side effects . . . so far anyway. Curious as to if i'll feel anything later tonight.

If you're going to get any side effects, I'd imagine they have started by now. Hopefully you are impervious!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

If you're going to get any side effects, I'd imagine they have started by now. Hopefully you are impervious!

Not too impervious. The arm is starting to hurt quite a bit. I can't lift my elbow past shoulder height right now. Other than that, I'm good.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Took me a day before I felt them. Then the Covid/Moderna arm thing was actually a few days later after that. Still there slightly from last Friday but barely now.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Took the J&J shot last Monday. Spent that night nursing a hellish f'n headache, although I've always been migraine prone because of my bad bite, so I knew it would hit me pretty hard. Also experienced momentary chills and a light fever that night. Still felt somewhat (bleep) by Tuesday, but it began to lighten considerably after the 24 hr period. By Wednesday I felt back to normal. Didn't get any soreness on my arm, which was nice. My folks took the Pfizer one, and their symptoms were much more mild, but they say they experienced considerable soreness, especially after the 1st dose.

When is your funeral?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I guess we're all different. My arm soreness was never too bad on either shot. But about 10 hours after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I did have the 4+ hours of body aches and that warm/chills feeling, but I still consider myself lucky that it wasn't worse than that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I guess we're all different. My arm soreness was never too bad on either shot. But about 10 hours after my 2nd dose of Moderna, I did have the 4+ hours of body aches and that warm/chills feeling, but I still consider myself lucky that it wasn't worse than that.

I'm one of those people who apparently has had weird flu immunity. I've become sick in other ways—I had a pretty bad case of pneumonia several years ago. But flu hasn't been an issue for me—I had it once about 20 years ago—and I usually never get a flu vaccine. That's not an anti-vax thing, I just don't get around to it other than a few times when my kids were little and their doctor said, "and how about one for Dad since he's here". Though I'm getting older now, so I probably need to be more proactive when it comes to the flu.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I'm one of those people who apparently has had weird flu immunity. I've become sick in other ways—I had a pretty bad case of pneumonia several years ago. But flu hasn't been an issue for me—I had it once about 20 years ago—and I usually never get a flu vaccine. That's not an anti-vax thing, I just don't get around to it other than a few times when my kids were little and their doctor said, "and how about one for Dad since he's here". Though I'm getting older now, so I probably need to be more proactive when it comes to the flu.

Same, I think I've had one flu during my entire adult life. I also have never gotten the flu vaccine. Of course, the doctor encouraged me to get the flu vaccine when I got the COVID vaccine.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

When is your funeral?

I didn't get the platinum package.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject:

This article is insightful
Millions Are Saying No to the Vaccines. What Are They Thinking?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't believe herd immunity is the answer, I believe vaccinations are. Also one's immune system plays a very large part.

I haven't had so much as a headache in so long I don't remember when it was. I do remember the last time I got sick I was bedridden for 2 days at the Kaiser facility on Caddilac. I had a COPD episode. That was years ago.

GET VACCINATED

Also drink 2 fingers of Hennessy before bedtime nightly. jk

Lengthwise measurement of the middle finger, not the width.

I like Hennessy nyac, too, Jode. We're simpatico on the nyac.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

<snip>

Every time I tried that with a bartender I ended up getting my face served the sidewalk outside the bar.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

<snip>

Every time I tried that with a bartender I ended up getting my face served the sidewalk outside the bar.

Only try that for VSOP at minimum.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:29 am    Post subject:

Got Pfizer #2 yesterday at 9 AM. Felt fine, and then sides started to hit about 5-6 hours later. Mainly fatigue/tiredness/heaviness - Slept a ton last night. Was actually too tired to watch the Lakers/Dodgers games yest (prob a good thing). Overall, I'm feeling much better today.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 242 of 318
Jump to: