Most Aggressive Dog Breeds study
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Most Aggressive Dog Breeds study

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-88793-5

The mini poodles are evil. Rank #2 Smaller dogs ranked higher the medium sized dogs.

Stafford terrier (is this the pitbull) ranked #16. German Shepherds at #4.

I always felt a dogs behavior has to do with its up bringing. (owner)
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

Its all owner.

Pits are goat of dog breeds. Everyone should go to their local shelter and rescue one or two. Incredible trail dogs. Incredible with other dogs and kids. The one i rescued came from a mom they had to put down because owner made her violent.

Mine has only known love and at least once a day i comment to wife and son how she is the perfect dog both visually and temperament and I have never been without dogs in my life since birth.

My other rescue is a corgi/jasck russle mix they found running the streets of south LA. He was aggressive. Bit my wife , kid and me a bunch for first year, but now is a loving loaf of bread.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

Pits can be dangerous because of environment and selective breeding, but mostly because their bite strength and imperviousness to pain and fear. But a well raised and loved pit is a beautiful creature for the same reason they are used for fighting, because it gives everything it has to and for you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Pits can be dangerous because of environment and selective breeding, but mostly because their bite strength and imperviousness to pain and fear. But a well raised and loved pit is a beautiful creature for the same reason they are used for fighting, because it gives everything it has to and for you.

I saw a pit lock onto the throat of a German Shepard. Try as it may its owner couldn't make it let go. I actually saw the Shepard's eyes roll back into its head. No matter what people say, I'll never own a pit bull.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

Raise your puppies to be angry.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
Omar Little wrote:

I saw a pit lock onto the throat of a German Shepard. Try as it may its owner couldn't make it let go. I actually saw the Shepard's eyes roll back into its head. No matter what people say, I'll never own a pit bull.[/qubull

4 Year Old
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Aussiesuede"]
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I saw a pit lock onto the throat of a German Shepard. Try as it may its owner couldn't make it let go. I actually saw the Shepard's eyes roll back into its head. No matter what people say, I'll never own a pit bull.[/qubull

4 Year Old

WOW!
That's a great video. Doesn't change my mind though. I feel the way I do because of what I saw.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

[quote="jodeke"]
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

4 Year Old

WOW!
That's a great video. Doesn't change my mind though. I feel the way I do because of what I saw.

Well as ex military, I'm sure you can respect Sgt Stubby, the pitbull that single handedly captured a German Soldier and held him captive until reinforcements could arrive. He was a heck of a soldier dog!
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

i come across a ton of pits during the week from hiking to dog parks. I have never run into an aggressive one. Rambunctious yes, but never felt threatened for me or my dogs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Aussiesuede"]
jodeke wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

4 Year Old

WOW!

Well as ex military, I'm sure you can respect Sgt Stubby, the pitbull that single handedly captured a German Soldier and held him captive until reinforcements could arrive. He was a heck of a soldier dog!

Some opinions are formed from experience. If I'd experienced what was in the video or what Sgt Stubby did I may have a different opinion.

What I saw is entrenched in my memory and therefore embedded is the mistrust for what may be a good animal.

lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

This was all I needed from the internet today. Thanks!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I've only been bitten by a dog once. It was a German Shepard. Beautiful dogs but still to this day they scare the crap out of me.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
I've only been bitten by a dog once. It was a German Shepard. Beautiful dogs but still to this day they scare the crap out of me.

Same, but in the case of this one, it was a neighbor's dog that was abused by kids next door to it over the fence and left on a chain for most of its life from what I could tell. And I think it was supposed to be part GS. This was 88/9ish, so memory is challenged. However, I THINK I remember it looking like more of an Old Yellerlike mutt. It got out its yard one day and I happened to run into it from opposite sides at the front of a van in my friend's driveway. I crashed into the dog and it bounced back and then rushed back at me and bit my leg. I was wearing sweat pants at the time, which spared me from a pretty bad bite. It got a good wrap of its muzzle around my leg, that's what I do recall pretty well. There were a couple of scratches from its fangs, but no actual punctures got thru. As it was, I still had a giant bruise on my outer thigh. I was able to duck into my friend's house from their garage after it bit me once. I think I scared the dog is what it was because it just got me once and didn't chase me all the way to the door even tho I was only a few steps away.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu May 06, 2021 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

In terms of number of toddler eyeballs eaten per dog mauling ER admission, the pit bull looks like Wilt Chamberlain at the top of the scoring records

1.) Pit Bull
2.) Pit Bull
3.) Michael Jordan
4.) Pit Bull
5.) Pit Bull

If a toddler had 3 eyes, a pit bull would eat all 3

"My baby couldn't hurt a fly!"

That's because flies don't taste like a baby's sphenoid bone.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
In terms of number of toddler eyeballs eaten per dog mauling ER admission, the pit bull looks like Wilt Chamberlain at the top of the scoring records

1.) Pit Bull
2.) Pit Bull
3.) Michael Jordan
4.) Pit Bull
5.) Pit Bull

If a toddler had 3 eyes, a pit bull would eat all 3

"My baby couldn't hurt a fly!"

That's because flies don't taste like a baby's sphenoid bone.

Pitbull(s) might be behind the severed foot story. Maybe a pit carries off the foot of one of its victims and wanders onto a freeway late at night and gets hit, but the people who remove the dog's remains don't see the foot that fell out of its mouth. Could be what happened.

There's a wiki that lists all fatal dog attacks reported in the US and 3/4ths of the victims are little kids and the rest are elderly folk. Some of the cases are dogs that killed babies in the crib. Pythons that get out of their enclosures and kill the family's babe in the crib probably don't outnumber dogs in the same scenario, but they're still rare enough that they fly under most peoples' radars. Of course, pitties are the most common offender w/ Rotties and Germans up with them. Huskies show up a lot in that list, too, don't let their beauty lull you.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Labrador retrievers are responsible for more attacks on humans than any other breed in the US. 5 percentages points behind Labs are Pits, then German Shepards, Rotties, and Chows.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

2 best dogs I owned were dalmatian and boxer.

My mother would put my younger sister in the backyard on a blanket. My dalmatian would watch her like a hawk. If she crawled too far off of the blanket he'd get her by her diaper and pull her back. He'd allow the neighborhood kids to pet him. He was a very friendly dog. When my sister was in the backyard he wouldn't let anyone other than family in the yard.

My boxer was all about us children. When my mother was about to spank us his eyes would turn red and he'd low growl. My mother would call my father and tell him, "you better come get this dog."

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Pretty sure every Chihuahua I've ever met was satan incarnate. If they were the size of rottweilers we'd all be dead
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Pretty sure every Chihuahua I've ever met was satan incarnate. If they were the size of rottweilers we'd all be dead

Yep, Chihuahuas rank as the most aggressive breed against other dogs. Seems they've got extreme Danny Devito syndrome.

Chihuahua study
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

This is weird because I hear this all the time, but I've only seen happy little uberly desperate for attention Chihuahuas, tho their owners are all well-adjusted people. Maybe that has something to do with it, but there are obvious differences in the morphology of Chi's and pitties that makes one inherently more dangerous if the well-adjusted, loving owners aren't there.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Gold
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:

I got attacked and knocked to the ground by a notorious non-controlled German Shepard when I was 12 or so. It was big enough to knock me to the ground and I did feel like it was attempting to kill me at the time.

Not a fan of Pit Bulls, German Shepards or dogs that bark a lot personally.

Give me a Golden Lab or a Samoyed and I am good! Woof.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Pit bulls... I’m scared as shhh of those little devils. It’s crazy how they are domesticated even though they were breed to kill larger predators like bulls and bears. They have a bite force that is strong enough to tear through even the most muscular man's muscle. Their skulls are hard as brick. Their threshold for pain is much higher than humans. They have been proven to enjoy the taste of human flesh. They will fight until they die. Idk what its going to take for people to understand that "friendly" pits do not make up the majority.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

Those mean little bastards can be extinct for all I care.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Pit bulls... I’m scared as shhh of those little devils. It’s crazy how they are domesticated even though they were breed to kill larger predators like bulls and bears. They have a bite force that is strong enough to tear through even the most muscular man's muscle. Their skulls are hard as brick. Their threshold for pain is much higher than humans. They have been proven to enjoy the taste of human flesh. They will fight until they die. Idk what its going to take for people to understand that "friendly" pits do not make up the majority.

Some of these pittie kills toddler/kid cases were from pitbulls that just freaked out over god knows what and latched onto a toddler WHILE adults were with it and they couldn't get the dog off of the kid. Older people, etc. You got little to no hope of prying a pitt off of a kid's neck and there have been cases where they turned on and killed their owners, too.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: