OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 852, 853, 854 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Don't think Kuz will be back next season.

What makes you say that?

The only reason Lakers didn't traded him was because of his salary. He is too erratic to be a reliable piece

So erratic he was double digit points the whole year.

So erratic he was second in assist count, second in point count, 1st in rebounding, second in 3pt makes, 3rd in steals, 1st in blocks, and first in minutes without Bron and AD as well as playing on a strained calf nightly lol

The logic escapes me too. He's paid $13m/year - so we will get rid him to get back who exactly? In other words who are these players that are better skilled or fits than Kuz that we can obtain in a trade for him?
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?

The only reason Lakers didn't traded him was because of his salary. He is too erratic to be a reliable piece

So erratic he was second in assist count, second in point count, 1st in rebounding, second in 3pt makes, 3rd in steals, 1st in blocks, and first in minutes without Bron and AD as well as playing on a strained calf nightly lol

his shooting % is very bad. His numbers look good because he is taking more shots.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?

his shooting % is very bad. His numbers look good because he is taking more shots.

Overall he is an enticing trade piece if needed because of his salary. But if you look at his production and compare it to what he makes, he's actually a bargain.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?

Overall he is an enticing trade piece if needed because of his salary. But if you look at his production and compare it to what he makes, he's actually a bargain.

Now we’re pushing it. Bargain is a very strong word.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

What makes you say that?

Now we’re pushing it. Bargain is a very strong word.

You're right. He's making right where he should be.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

So is Michael Porter Jr what Kuzma was supposed to be for us?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Good game tonight. He scored 14 points on 5-9 shooting (4-6 from three) and 7 boards. He was a +17.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Porter Jr. was the top ranked high school senior. Totally different expectations.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Dude is a solid late first round pick that got a little over hyped from a great stretch in his rookie year especially. He's turned into an extremely solid 2 way role player and is now on a good contract for the next 3 years. I think some people need to really think about the key word there as in role player. Role players are role players because they don't do everything consistently at a high level (especially offensively). Kind of confused how some fans hate him or want him gone though, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

As part of a trade to land a better player? Of course, he's absolutely dispensable in that respect but is far from a liability or "bad" player.

He's in no way, shape or form comparable to MPJ though, the only reason he slid at all is because of major injury concerns and even with that he still went #14 while Kuzma was a late first round pick that was rarely even talked about. This is why MPJ hates the Clips and took that matchup in the Playoffs last year extremely personal since it was the Clippers Dr. that supposedly wrote that he would not ever play basketball again due to his back being so bad and even with that doubt surrounding him he was still a lottery pick.

Kuz has turned into a swiss army knife so even when his shot is off he offers a lot to the team. They're def. not looking to just simply offload his salary.
Lakerwayne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I really like what kuzma is currently bringing ANNND I still believe that there is a real possibility that he could emerge into a third option by the end of the contract that he just signed. Basically by continuing to do what he currently does and adding the final piece: the full expansion of his offensive game, which could lead to him scoring 3ish more points per game than this season. But it would have to be the right improvement/recuperation in kuz’s game and the right roster conditions for him to do it. If not he’s already a valuable role player that can do a lot on this team and is one of the three talented home grown players along with Caruso and tht that were great picks/development stories for this team coming late in the draft and/or coming through the g league team. Good teams that stay good long also draft and develop well not just through trades and free agency so I say hold on to these guys and in fact hold on to some picks too and bring in more guys like that and hopefully some of them have a chance to stick around too.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

He's been an iron man this season. The defense and rebounding have been there every night and the offense has popped in a number of key games. Wonderful to see his growth.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma seems to have developed into a more well rounded player, although he hasn't had as many good shooting games I think we expected to see. Especially since we will be very hamstrung in free agency, Kuzma and his $13 million dollar deal, combined with other contracts like KCP, might be used to lure another starter.

I sure hope we can get healthy, go back to Kuzma coming off the bench and try to defend our title. It looks pretty shaky about now, lets hope we get some breaks along the way.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Kuzma seems to have developed into a more well rounded player, although he hasn't had as many good shooting games I think we expected to see. Especially since we will be very hamstrung in free agency, Kuzma and his $13 million dollar deal, combined with other contracts like KCP, might be used to lure another starter.

I sure hope we can get healthy, go back to Kuzma coming off the bench and try to defend our title. It looks pretty shaky about now, lets hope we get some breaks along the way.

Hell no. Kuz’s shooting right now is on par as his career best. Expecting anything more is absurd.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:51 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Porter Jr. was the top ranked high school senior. Totally different expectations.

Yes but a broken Porter was all but forgotten meanwhile Kuz was pimped out to be the next James Worthy during summer league. Kudos to Porter for coming back from all those injuries and kudos to Kuzma for peaking his first year in the league.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:57 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Porter is essentially Durant-lite on offense and one of the reasons key reasons the Nuggets are successful w/out Murray. His efficiency from the midrange and 3pt line is historic for a forward (54/44 shooting splits). I'd argue Kuzma is the better all-around player, but it's apples and oranges for the most part. Kuz would probably average 20+ points on another team, albeit on worse efficiency.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject:

Kuz may not be the most talented player on this roster but he has the most heart of anyone on this roster.

It's a shame he's not appreciated by this fan base for everything he does for this team.

It's also a shame this coaching staff does not have a clue on how to use him consistently offensively.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kuz may not be the most talented player on this roster but he has the most heart of anyone on this roster.

It's a shame he's not appreciated by this fan base for everything he does for this team.

It's also a shame this coaching staff does not have a clue on how to use him consistently offensively.

Preach
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:

Incorrect.

https://www.nba.com/stats/player/1628398/

Code:

BY YEAR   TEAM   GP   MIN   PTS   FGM   FGA   FG%   3PM   3PA   3P%   FTM   FTA   FT%   OREB   DREB   REB   AST   TOV   STL   BLK   PF
2020-21   LAL   63   28.7   12.9   4.9   11.2   43.9   2.1   5.7   36.3   1.0   1.4   70.1   1.7   4.6   6.2   1.8   1.7   0.5   0.6   1.8

"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Peabrain honestly. I've taught 8 year olds better than Kuzma knows basketball some times.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Man, of all games to disappear. 😱
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Can we trade this guy in the off season?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys. I'm Kyle Kuzma. I'm 0/5 from 3 and 2/10 from shooting. On my next shot? I still won't learn my lesson, imma try another 3.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
Hey guys. I'm Kyle Kuzma. I'm 0/5 from 3 and 2/10 from shooting. On my next shot? I still won't learn my lesson, imma try another 3.

Kobe would’ve done that. Problem is, Kuzma ain’t Kobe.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Porter is essentially Durant-lite on offense and one of the reasons key reasons the Nuggets are successful w/out Murray. His efficiency from the midrange and 3pt line is historic for a forward (54/44 shooting splits). I'd argue Kuzma is the better all-around player, but it's apples and oranges for the most part. Kuz would probably average 20+ points on another team, albeit on worse efficiency.

There is a GM in the league that would take Kuz over Porter at this point in their careers (even with MP injury history). Kuz is no where near the player Porter is. Not to mention the tear MP has been on the last month or so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 852, 853, 854 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 853 of 880
Jump to: