What Lakers should do in their Last 3 games!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: What Lakers should do in their Last 3 games!!!

I think Lakers should play hard tomorrow and secure a win vs the Rockets.
Then wait for the result of Blazers back2back games against Jazz and Suns.

If the Blazers doesn't lose both games, I think Lakers should just rest Bron and AD in their last 2 remaining games.

If the Blazers lose both games, Lakers must go for the win vs the Pacers and the Pels. Lebron and AD must play.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Def. don't sit. What you're seeing in the last 2 games is a team that has been in a funk the majority of the year and is finally coming together and meshing as a unit at exactly the right time. You keep this momentum flying high into the Playoffs.

Absolutely keep Lebron and AD's minutes to a minimum but you don't let these last 2 huge wins go to waste imo with only a couple games left anyways. Lebron needs to get the rust shaken off just a bit as well.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

They should win their next 19 games
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

You play them for the wins.

Players need the game pressure to get into game shape and in rhythm as a team. Win three and hope either Mavs or Blazers lose a couple to get out of the play in.

During the play in they can get a few days rest and some team practices in.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Def. don't sit. What you're seeing in the last 2 games is a team that has been in a funk the majority of the year and is finally coming together and meshing as a unit at exactly the right time. You keep this momentum flying high into the Playoffs.

Absolutely keep Lebron and AD's minutes to a minimum but you don't let these last 2 huge wins go to waste imo with only a couple games left anyways. Lebron needs to get the rust shaken off just a bit as well.

But they might be risking an injury playing them in a non bearing game. I don't think it's a good idea, especially that they are hit by injury bug the whole season.

Last edited by leking006 on Tue May 11, 2021 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible that Mavs win their division, but end up in play-in game?

Imagine that...if that happened
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:

But they might be risking an injury playing them in a non bearing game. I don't think it's a good idea, especially that they are hit by injury bug the whole season.

You could also go in the direction on how Lebron has played nearly no real basketball for the last 2+ months and if you sit him the final two you'd expect him to play super heavy minutes right off in Playoff atmosphere.

I get the concern and agree we should play them strictly limited minutes and def. not anywhere near 40+ like AD tonight but i'm against sitting them personally. Just my preference after seeing many teams over the years try to quickly regain that same confidence and flow they had before they sat everyone several games to end the season. You also have to remember we're going to be the away team in that first round so game 1 is much more important to try and steal then it was for us last year.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:

You could also go in the direction on how Lebron has played nearly no real basketball for the last 2+ months and if you sit him the final two you'd expect him to play super heavy minutes right off in Playoff atmosphere.

I get the concern and agree we should play them strictly limited minutes and def. not anywhere near 40+ like AD tonight but i'm against sitting them personally. Just my preference after seeing many teams over the years try to quickly regain that same confidence and flow they had before they sat everyone several games to end the season. You also have to remember we're going to be the away team in that first round so game 1 is much more important to try and steal then it was for us last year.

Playing non bearing games still risky though, if something happens to their key players, heads will roll. (bleep) Happens.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

No time for rest - it's time to get into playoff mode now!
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:38 am    Post subject:

Time to win games and build up chemistry. Restricting minutes if possible, but chemistry and playoff preparation are more important.
So just build a 40 point lead in 3 Qs to rest them in the 4th and give minutes to deep and young bench players
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject:

IMO they need the reps together to have a shot at the chip. Due to the weird circumstances of this season, this outweighs the importance of not playing them just to be safe
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 am    Post subject:

Play to win every game. This is crunch time
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:

Playing non bearing games still risky though, if something happens to their key players, heads will roll. (bleep) Happens.

Something has already happened to the key players. Now is just the time o best manage it.

Honestly if James is still “ injured” and can not play the last couple games, an extra week is not going to make the difference in a high intensity playoff mode.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: