Definitely Lakers Starters Has to rest Next 2 games!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
I think I'd rather us play. Remember what we looked like in the seeding games?

Woof

So you will go for 3 games in 4 nights and risk an injury and expect them to not get tired?

I mean every scenario sucks at this point, each having it's own tradeoffs.

Ok let's risk it all and get tired! Play the remaining no bearing games! Coaching staff aren't that dumb to do that though.

Goodness
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Should the Lakers stop practice too? They’re just tiring themselves out between games.

I agree they shouldn’t play heavy minutes in these games but they should play to get their legs back underneath them. Lebron coming back after 2 weeks off to have his first game be a playoff game where he may need to play 40 minutes is a much worse idea than having him play 15-25 minutes in these regular season games.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Teams are already resting and guys here still want all the Lakers players to play 3 games in 4 nights or possible 4 games and 6 nights coming from an injury. What a joke.

How much rest does Lebron needs? He already missed 25+ games? Schro been off for almost 2 weeks. AD just coming back from and well rested.

Did you see how the team performed when Lebron came back for 2 games...?

No one is saying they need to go hard on both games. But they need to at least play some minutes together to develop some type of chemistry. Most importantly shake the rust off and get in game shape situations.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Teams are already resting and guys here still want all the Lakers players to play 3 games in 4 nights or possible 4 games and 6 nights coming from an injury. What a joke.

How much rest does Lebron needs? He already missed 25+ games? Schro been off for almost 2 weeks. AD just coming back from and well rested.

No one is saying they need to go hard on both games. But they need to at least play some minutes together to develop some type of chemistry. Most importantly shake the rust off and get in game shape situations.

So you want him playing 3 games in 4 nights coming from injury? lmfao. good thing you aint a coach.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Should the Lakers stop practice too? They’re just tiring themselves out between games.

I agree they shouldn’t play heavy minutes in these games but they should play to get their legs back underneath them. Lebron coming back after 2 weeks off to have his first game be a playoff game where he may need to play 40 minutes is a much worse idea than having him play 15-25 minutes in these regular season games.

They are more careful in practice thats why you seldon see players got injured in practice. And their are players on the other team like josh hart who doesnt care to throw his body to the one he is guarding.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:

So you want him playing 3 games in 4 nights coming from injury? lmfao. good thing you aint a coach.

So you want the Lakers to rest Lebron/AD/Schro until the play-in... Just bring them back like that, and expect everything will just click together? Lebron just picks up where he left off and just be in game shape already. Team to play well together despite the new starting line up has not play a single minute together.

No one is saying they need to play both games or play hard on both games. Even 1 game will help. Treat it like a preseason by just having them play the first half. They need to build some type of chemistry and shake the rust off together before the play-in. I don't even think 2 games is enough for that. AD took more than a week just to shake the rust off and get his timing back with the team. Lebron did not look the same when he came back both games.

Last edited by miggz23 on Fri May 14, 2021 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Good grief these athletes are pampered now. Maybe we should let them take naps at halftime too.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Good grief these athletes are pampered now. Maybe we should let them take naps at halftime too.

Lebron is getting older so maybe we let him sleep during halftime and the entire 3rd so he not only avoids injuries for that quarter but he's super fresh for that 4th.

In a 7 game series that's 7 less quarters he can get injured
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

You really want a team with almost no time together to come in cold for the two play in games? Warriors have been on a tear with Curry looking crazy, and I sure wouldn’t want to go into a possible second play in game for the 8th seed if he goes nuts and drops in a bunch of threes because our defense is out of sorts. Lakers shouldn’t go hard, but they absolutely should be getting some reps in of their full strength squad, as much as they reasonably can in at least one game to end the regular season. We are cutting it way too closely already
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Right now, Bron and Schroeder need more playing time than recovery time.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject:

They've already slotted Boston in a Tuesday game and San Antonio in a Wednesday game. That means the Western Conference play-in games will be Wednesday and Friday. Plenty of time for the Lakers players to rest after games played this weekend. IMO, we need these two regular season games to develop chemistry and get those players coming back from injuries/covid some game time.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
I have mixed feelings. I want LeBron to play some minutes before the play-in. But I also want to lose both game and try to get a better draft pick.

Lakers don't have a draft pick this year. We traded it away as part of the AD deal.

Is that a straight lost pick or a swap? If it's lost that sucks.

As to the OP anybody with nagging injuries, like Caruso or AD I'm holding out. Lebron can go out there and run up and down and jack up threes to get some wind back but I'm not letting him go crazy either.

I believe it was top 8 protected. And of course the Lakers have no chance of falling that far in the standings, so it would go to NO.

Hypothetically, if the Lakers had a top 8 pick this year, next years 1st rounder would be unprotected and would have gone to NO regardless of where the Lakers finished.

There is a common misconception that the Lakers will only keep their 2021 pick if it is in the top 8, because it was misreported at the time of the trade.

Even Tania Ganguli of the LA Times had to tweet out a clarification:

Quote:
A clarification on the haul of draft picks heading the Pelicans' way. The 2021 pick goes to New Orleans if it's in the top eight, if not they'll get an unprotected first in 2022. Swap in 2023. Unprotected first in 2024, with a right to defer to 2025.

https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/1140123632103903233?s=21

Here is a quote from Woj’s article regarding the trade saying the same thing:

Quote:
The future picks going to the Pelicans include a 2021 pick that will go to New Orleans if it is in the top eight in that year's draft -- and will become an unprotected pick in 2022 if it isn't -- sources told ESPN's Tim Bontemps.

In addition, the deal includes a pick swap in 2023, which is unprotected, as well as an unprotected first-round pick in 2024 that the Pelicans will have the right to defer until 2025, sources told Bontemps.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26981805/sources-lakers-reach-deal-pelicans-davis

So the Lakers will keep the 2021 pick if it is not in the top 8.
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
I have mixed feelings. I want LeBron to play some minutes before the play-in. But I also want to lose both game and try to get a better draft pick.

Lakers don't have a draft pick this year. We traded it away as part of the AD deal.

As to the OP anybody with nagging injuries, like Caruso or AD I'm holding out. Lebron can go out there and run up and down and jack up threes to get some wind back but I'm not letting him go crazy either.

I believe it was top 8 protected. And of course the Lakers have no chance of falling that far in the standings, so it would go to NO.

Hypothetically, if the Lakers had a top 8 pick this year, next years 1st rounder would be unprotected and would have gone to NO regardless of where the Lakers finished.

There is a common misconception that the Lakers will only keep their 2021 pick if it is in the top 8, because it was misreported at the time of the trade.

Quote:
A clarification on the haul of draft picks heading the Pelicans' way. The 2021 pick goes to New Orleans if it's in the top eight, if not they'll get an unprotected first in 2022. Swap in 2023. Unprotected first in 2024, with a right to defer to 2025.

Quote:
The future picks going to the Pelicans include a 2021 pick that will go to New Orleans if it is in the top eight in that year's draft -- and will become an unprotected pick in 2022 if it isn't -- sources told ESPN's Tim Bontemps.

In addition, the deal includes a pick swap in 2023, which is unprotected, as well as an unprotected first-round pick in 2024 that the Pelicans will have the right to defer until 2025, sources told Bontemps.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26981805/sources-lakers-reach-deal-pelicans-davis

Was reading the thread and just about to point this out.

Right now, our pick is #21.

Plus, we have 30 losses. We are just behind ATL, MIA and NYN with 31 loses each. If those 3 teams win out ( they do not play each other ) and we lose our last 2, our pick goes up to #18.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

parsons777 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Plus, we have 30 losses. We are just behind ATL, MIA and NYN with 31 loses each. If those 3 teams win out ( they do not play each other ) and we lose our last 2, our pick goes up to #18.

The trade value of 18 to 21 is negligible. Why even discuss it?

Pick is already gone in the next trade to “get more help” . Likely a PG over 30 with experience that will need load management all season too.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
I think I'd rather us play. Remember what we looked like in the seeding games?

Woof

So you will go for 3 games in 4 nights and risk an injury and expect them to not get tired?

I mean every scenario sucks at this point, each having it's own tradeoffs.

Ok let's risk it all and get tired! Play the remaining no bearing games! Coaching staff aren't that dumb to do that though.

Or maybe they are /s
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
parsons777 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The trade value of 18 to 21 is negligible. Why even discuss it?

Pick is already gone in the next trade to “get more help” . Likely a PG over 30 with experience that will need load management all season too.

So bitter.

Always so bitter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: