Avoid Playoffs Play-In Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
TDRock wrote:
I literally have lost the ability to keep track anymore.

Per Trudell

Clippers just assured that they can’t face the Lakers in Round 1. If they lose their final game (at OKC), they are the 4. If they win and DEN loses at POR, LAC are the 3, and LAL are in the play-in going for No. 7 w/POR the 6 at worst. If DEN wins at POR, DEN is the 3.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1393407600125890564?s=21

This was quite clever by the Clippers. I mean it’s soft, but prob smart.

Before LBJ came here. I was convinced he did something similar in 2017. Tanked the last 4 games of the season to avoid the Bulls/get the Pacers.

But now that he's one of us. I've changed my mind. He's innocent on all charges.

Pacers and Bulls were pretty even match team that year. So you're telling me he rather face PG/Turner than Butler/Taj Gibson? Pacers also had a deeper team that year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Does Vogel play Lebron/AD/Schro or Lebron/Schro tomorrow?

We don't yet know if any of them are going to be "available" (see injury thread).
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Seeing how each of these teams handle this final weekend actually has some entertainment value. No memos from the league office yet, either.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:42 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Per Trudell

Clippers just assured that they can’t face the Lakers in Round 1. If they lose their final game (at OKC), they are the 4. If they win and DEN loses at POR, LAC are the 3, and LAL are in the play-in going for No. 7 w/POR the 6 at worst. If DEN wins at POR, DEN is the 3.

Wow Hard to not take away from all that, indeed, they were playing the odds a bit there. Surprises me, as I thought they really wanted to go 3 o'clock high on the Lakers ASAP. Maybe it was "legit rest" as an excuse but that's really giving benefit of the doubt there...

Anyway, the Chicken Nuggets may end up deciding alot of things...if the Lakers win out the next 2 games.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:56 am    Post subject:

I still think the Clips' best shot to beat us is in the first round. Perhaps they are hoping that some other team bounces us out before we meet
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
I still think the Clips' best shot to beat us is in the first round. Perhaps they are hoping that some other team bounces us out before we meet

Sadly the flippers already avoided the Lakers in the first round or 2nd round by tanking for the 4th spot
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:41 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Sadly the flippers already avoided the Lakers in the first round or 2nd round by tanking for the 4th spot

Exactly! That's why I said they probably hoping for someone else to take us. They don't want to see is in our final form
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 2:01 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Exactly! That's why I said they probably hoping for someone else to take us. They don't want to see is in our final form

Well, avoiding us until the WCF might make them see our final form instead of a rusty LeBron
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

The Portland lost is starting to loom large. We have a real chance at the 6th seed to face Denver but they will likely tank against the Blazers to avoid us...
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

Per Trudell

Vogel has had members of his staff preparing for various options:
- Get 6 seed (LAL win 2, POR loses 1) and face DEN in Round 1
- Get 7 seed (LAL lose 1 or POR wins 1) by winning first play-in game, face PHX or UTA
- Get 8 seed (lose first play-in game, win 2nd), face UTA or PHX

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1393594549017092099?s=21
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
The Portland lost is starting to loom large. We have a real chance at the 6th seed to face Denver but they will likely tank against the Blazers to avoid us...

I'm not so convinced of that cuz I think their head coach is a surly one and is agitated at the Lakers beating them last year and want's his fellas to take them on again.

But I was wrong about the Clips on that end, didnt think (like many of you did) theyd try and duck/dive the Lakers...but...they did!

I suppose another reason for Nugs to win is just the home court advantage for the west. If they win, only 2 teams above them have (without tie breaker consideration) get home court over them - same with the East.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Wild times, thought our nearly full squad could blow out Pacers (w/o Brogdan, Sabonis, Turner) so who knows what an equally undermanned Pelicans can do against us.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are almost sure of ending 7th, but the 8th spot is still up for grabs. The Griz and the Dubs are tied for the 8th and 9th spot. If they can both wouldn't want the Lakers in the play-in. And the Dubs and the Griz are playing each other in the last game. The loser drops to 9th and play the Spurs.
So tomorrow the Dubs and the Griz both will want to lose their last regular season game ... against each other
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
Lakers are almost sure of ending 7th, but the 8th spot is still up for grabs. The Griz and the Dubs are tied for the 8th and 9th spot. If they can both wouldn't want the Lakers in the play-in. And the Dubs and the Griz are playing each other in the last game. The loser drops to 9th and play the Spurs.
So tomorrow the Dubs and the Griz both will want to lose their last regular season game ... against each other

They should fight to win. The 8th seed is still better than 9th seed, - have two tries compared to having to win both games.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

In that scenario, the 9th seed has to beat the 8th seed and the 10th seed to make it. Whoever finishes 8th can get blown out by the lakers and just need to win once against the 9/10 winner. The 8 seed is a much better spot even though you have to get embarrassed by the Lakers in the first play in game.

I think the Lakers end up at 6 anyway.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:

They are playing for twice to beat.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Per Trudell

This was quite clever by the Clippers. I mean it’s soft, but prob smart.

Before LBJ came here. I was convinced he did something similar in 2017. Tanked the last 4 games of the season to avoid the Bulls/get the Pacers.

But now that he's one of us. I've changed my mind. He's innocent on all charges.

Pacers and Bulls were pretty even match team that year. So you're telling me he rather face PG/Turner than Butler/Taj Gibson? Pacers also had a deeper team that year.

Chicago also had Wade and Rondo. They were up 2 games against the #1 seed Celtics. Then playoff Rondo got hurt.

Honestly, it was just 1 of the many things I'd bring up about Bron. I didn't like him before he became a Laker.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Who do you guys want to play in the finals if we make it?

Sixers? Nets? Bucks? Heat?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I hate our matchup with the Bucks, so give me Sixers or Heat.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:50 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Jrue was such a good pickup for them. His defense is legit. He won't shrink like Bledsoe did in the postseason. And he's shooting 39% from 3 this year too.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Jrue was such a good pickup for them. His defense is legit. He won't shrink like Bledsoe did in the postseason. And he's shooting 39% from 3 this year too.

I remember watching the Bucks play in the postseason a few years ago and what stood out to me was how careless Bledsoe was. His defense was above average, but he would make these insanely low IQ plays on offense that would sabotage their chances of winning. Also, his shooting was so abysmal that defenses doubled/tripled Giannis w/out any consequence. It seems like he carried that over to the Pels, and Zion got hurt as a result of the abuse he took in the paint. They are a solid and complete team w/ J. Rue now and the biggest threat in the East IMO.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Per Trudell

Vogel has had members of his staff preparing for various options:
- Get 6 seed (LAL win 2, POR loses 1) and face DEN in Round 1
- Get 7 seed (LAL lose 1 or POR wins 1) by winning first play-in game, face PHX or UTA
- Get 8 seed (lose first play-in game, win 2nd), face UTA or PHX

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1393594549017092099?s=21

Real possibility Kings will spoil Utah tomorrow.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

What if Denver surprises us all and beats the living daylights outta Portland tomorrow?
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
What if Denver surprises us all and beats the living daylights outta Portland tomorrow?

Then we will have Macdonalds for dinner
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Then they will have sealed their own fate.

Mind games aside, it’s just common sense to force the Lakers to play more games. You never know what will happen. Maybe they get knocked out. Maybe somebody gets injured.

Full strength the Lakers are a handful for any team in a best of 7. Home court is still pretty soft. There aren’t enough fans in seats to make normal difference.

Denver should play it smart and tank to force the Lakers to play that extra game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36
Jump to: